Semi serious?
(09-27-2018, 08:10 PM)Create Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 06:06 PM)Envy Wrote: Mate unfortunately its been like this for months and literally the reason why I don't play anymore.
Its a fucking shame whats happening but doesn't really seem like anyone's bothered about saving it either.

I don't necessarily think that nobody is bothered about attempted to save it, because I know that there are many players out there would be dedicate a lot of their time to try and get FL to what is was, however the chance just never arises. The Staff is seemingly the same people being promoted time and time again because they miss the omnipotent feeling, rather than having a fresh new team, veterans are being promoted.

I am sure that many people would do a great job at restoring the server and community, but when you have 40 props and a blue physgun, there is no opportunity to show what you are capable of doing. When the new team of SAs was put into action, I thought they would really work together to turn it around, make it worth while to hop on the server for longer than 10 minutes. However this simply was not the case. Currently there is no sense of urgency to fix this issue that we, the community are faced with every single day. There seems to be no motivation to get up and go, and whilst this may be different on the internal side of it all, time is running out. For the last month or so, many members of the community have suggested that more Trial-Admins should be promoted, and apart a slight hint from DVN in a previous thread, this simply hasn't happened. 

As it has proved before, it is better to have a lot more smaller announcements rather than one big announcement. It keeps the community on its toes, rather than having the excitement of a big announcement, then it slowly dying out when the community realize that another big change isn't due for a while. Fearless needs urgency, a sense of wanting to get things done, motivation, inspiration and a solution, because the community is slowly dying out, and having the same ol' veterans popping by every few months when they get a slight hint of motivation for the server isn't going to save it. a Fresh Team, a Fresh set of Ideas, a Refresh for the Fearless Servers. 

Rant over.

*drops the mic*

Who are these veterans you speak off? 
Because when I came back 1 week ago, I looked at an entirely new team apart from a few old ones that have never really left?

Maybe that's the issue here, the current team full of new faces.
We had issues in 2k16, I'm not saying we didn't, but the one thing I don't recall having such a real problem with is the lack of administrating and enforcing rules on the server. 
(yknow, the most standard thing about being an Administrator)
With the exception being at night, which is hard to keep in check without American Administrators.

I've never seen the courthouse as messy as it is now, 2 pages filled with PR's that are barely even looked at, dating back to over a month ago. (!!!)

Again, I'm not saying this as a personal attack, but maybe the wrong people have been given the opportunity to administrate, or lack thereof.

The following 4 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Envy, Grunt, Zona, Spartan_KCT
(09-28-2018, 08:38 AM)Joulle Wrote: So far only lesanka has added really useful things that I value. The gestures, okay some ppl helped her out there. Then there's the material tool's categorization which makes building much less frustrating. In addition she keeps on updating her spawnlist for everyone to use year after year.

Since so many of you like shooty shooty why did you go backwards with the weapon addon, to the boring, useless old one. Someone sprinting past a doorway which is being watched by full police department heavily armed with m4s isn't realistic and in no way enhances roleplay. All it does it makes it easier to minge and troll.

Arcadeish weapons just don't fit here or do you like being useless with weapons. Just change the addon already. You were on a rigtt track but then the majority of people with any kind of vision for future of the game mode went out and did what was necessary and now fl is still on the same point as it was before the riot.

I thought for a while that it was a childish and shortsighted move and even hated the people behind the split. All in all they were so right. Their suggestions, visions and ideas were being suppressed and would still be, if they hadn't left. Why? I don't know, is someone scared of long loading times? We don't live in 2007 anymore, even those developmenr countries that haven't been using 100Mb/s connections for the past 15 years can now achieve decent bandwidth. SUPPRESSED

Nothing but a bunch of conservatives.

Hit the nail on the head, more people should read this.

Why tf is the guy who was banned for months both from forums and server making a shit ton more sense then the current team. We have such a big development team so i thought maybe surely would happen that would make the server evolve but Joulle is right we just have the same format and add small things to it but in the end of the day it's the same thing we did since the start of the server.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The server is fine dont worry about it
(09-27-2018, 08:10 PM)Create Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 06:06 PM)Envy Wrote: Mate unfortunately its been like this for months and literally the reason why I don't play anymore.
Its a fucking shame whats happening but doesn't really seem like anyone's bothered about saving it either.

I don't necessarily think that nobody is bothered about attempted to save it, because I know that there are many players out there would be dedicate a lot of their time to try and get FL to what is was, however the chance just never arises. The Staff is seemingly the same people being promoted time and time again because they miss the omnipotent feeling, rather than having a fresh new team, veterans are being promoted.

I am sure that many people would do a great job at restoring the server and community, but when you have 40 props and a blue physgun, there is no opportunity to show what you are capable of doing. When the new team of SAs was put into action, I thought they would really work together to turn it around, make it worth while to hop on the server for longer than 10 minutes. However this simply was not the case. Currently there is no sense of urgency to fix this issue that we, the community are faced with every single day. There seems to be no motivation to get up and go, and whilst this may be different on the internal side of it all, time is running out. For the last month or so, many members of the community have suggested that more Trial-Admins should be promoted, and apart a slight hint from DVN in a previous thread, this simply hasn't happened. 

As it has proved before, it is better to have a lot more smaller announcements rather than one big announcement. It keeps the community on its toes, rather than having the excitement of a big announcement, then it slowly dying out when the community realize that another big change isn't due for a while. Fearless needs urgency, a sense of wanting to get things done, motivation, inspiration and a solution, because the community is slowly dying out, and having the same ol' veterans popping by every few months when they get a slight hint of motivation for the server isn't going to save it. a Fresh Team, a Fresh set of Ideas, a Refresh for the Fearless Servers. 

Rant over.

*drops the mic*

That's literally not what I meant when i said "No one seems to be bothered about saving it"
I meant out of the staff team, I already could name about 15 people right now who really care about the server and would be amazing promotions and When I say this I dont mean all staff cause some staff have been trying recently but most of the time the are never any admins on and how many times do we see moaning in the discord of people saying can an admin come online?

I personally think the New SA promotions were useless as its been a month today and literally nothing has changed or even been attempted to change anything. Few years ago Inactivity was hardly or if ever a problem like Agorith said and if you was inactive constantly you would just get demoted and someone new would come along who deserved. This is what i mean about no one being bothered as if anyone who was assed like for example Jan (Using him cause I know he would do something) he would of got rid of all the inactive staff and we'd have a healthy, active team right now.

Cant expect anything to get better if nothing is being done.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Joulle
(09-28-2018, 03:37 PM)Envy Wrote: That's literally not what I meant when i said "No one seems to be bothered about saving it"
I meant out of the staff team, I already could name about 15 people right now who really care about the server and would be amazing promotions and When I say this I dont mean all staff cause some staff have been trying recently but most of the time the are never any admins on and how many times do we see moaning in the discord of people saying can an admin come online?

I personally think the New SA promotions were useless as its been a month today and literally nothing has changed or even been attempted to change anything. Few years ago Inactivity was hardly or if ever a problem like Agorith said and if you was inactive constantly you would just get demoted and someone new would come along who deserved. This is what i mean about no one being bothered as if anyone who was assed like for example Jan (Using him cause I know he would do something) he would of got rid of all the inactive staff and we'd have a healthy, active team right now.

The current staff team, is honestly the most inactive and least inspiring it's been, and it will never change because this is a gmod server and Soul's intentions are to make revenue from this community and have it ran with minimal effort. Afterall the team is not paid it's done in free time. But I do agree that there could be better people than the whole staff team right now, especially the current SAs. I mean take Awestruck for example; he resigned because he wanted to leave the team, he then came back very quickly when given Dev and Server Privileges. It all needs a work around tbh.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 4 users Like Dragnort_'s post:
  • Envy, Grunt, Lewwings, Zona
(09-28-2018, 03:42 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 03:37 PM)Envy Wrote: That's literally not what I meant when i said "No one seems to be bothered about saving it"

The current staff team, is honestly the most inactive and least inspiring it's been, and it will never change because this is a gmod server and Soul's intentions are to make revenue from this community and have it ran with minimal effort. Afterall the team is not paid it's done in free time. But I do agree that there could be better people than the whole staff team right now, especially the current SAs. I mean take Awestruck for example; he resigned because he wanted to leave the team, he then came back very quickly when given Dev and Server Privileges. It all needs a work around tbh.

Exactly mate, I don't even think theirs even a point in these threads anymore since nothing ever gets done anyway all wasting our energy.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 3 users Like Envy's post:
  • mgdwszx, Dragnort_, Grunt
(09-27-2018, 10:22 PM)Joulle Wrote: It's not only that. The server has failed to upgrade enough from what it was. It's essentially the same old game mode as it was in like 2015 (or even older?).

For me this is the central issue. The server is just boring and stale. There's rarely anything truly exciting going on. I've tried getting involved in the gamemode intermittently since 2015 and nothing has since captured how I felt back then. To an extent I suppose that initial novelty has simply worn off, but there's nothing that really draws people back in.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • Envy
(09-28-2018, 03:45 PM)Envy Wrote:

Exactly mate, I don't even think theirs even a point in these threads anymore since nothing ever gets done anyway all wasting our energy.

Stuff does get done with these threads, i've been watching it pretty closely since it was created and have been making notes on where Development has been noted. I have no doubt the SAs have been watching threads like these too.

While I will admit it has somewhat slowed recently, there have been many things pushed out on pretty much a daily basis from us at the Development team. We still cannot push out major updates with every snap of our fingers, stuff does take time. Usually when we're not pushing out as much on a daily basis, it means we're working on something bigger behind the curtains. I do understand how it may come across as us not doing anything, as you cannot see what we're doing. This is mostly due to the strict stance on us giving any sort of "teasers" or "hints" about what we're working on in order to avoid false promises.

I think it's an over exaggeration to say we're massively behind in Development, as we have quite a few major features that other places lack (For example, the property system) and are constantly making more daily.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
The reason I stopped playing a few weeks ago was because every single day, most of the time, there are props going around. This has been a problem for a very long time and I have to message admins on steam or sometimes facebook telling them how bad the server is and asking them to join. SA's, please fix.
The following 2 users Like sebasti161's post:
  • Lewwings, Zona
(09-28-2018, 04:13 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 03:45 PM)Envy Wrote:

Stuff does get done with these threads, i've been watching it pretty closely since it was created and have been making notes on where Development has been noted. I have no doubt the SAs have been watching threads like these too.

While I will admit it has somewhat slowed recently, there have been many things pushed out on pretty much a daily basis from us at the Development team. We still cannot push out major updates with every snap of our fingers, stuff does take time. Usually when we're not pushing out as much on a daily basis, it means we're working on something bigger behind the curtains. I do understand how it may come across as us not doing anything, as you cannot see what we're doing. This is mostly due to the strict stance on us giving any sort of "teasers" or "hints" about what we're working on in order to avoid false promises.

I think it's an over exaggeration to say we're massively behind in Development, as we have quite a few major features that other places lack (For example, the property system) and are constantly making more daily.

I havent mentioned anything bad about the development? I think the development is up to par and think you have done a lot of great things for FL. My problem lays with the staff team
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Dragnort_