NLR Solution
Okay, well, instead of screaming "OMFG THIS WILL INCREASE RDM" we could try and think of solutions to that problem.

I say that when we initially get a job, we can have a five-minute spawn-protection time, so we don't go back to Citizen after dying immediately after spawning.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Well it would decrease deaths; People sometimes kill themself to get fast from for example the villas to the city instead of driving all the way. If they become citizen when respawned, then they will drive all the way to keep their job. If i spawn as a colored guy, i -tbh- kill myself because i cant STAND to be colored. (no offense to black ppl).
But lets put it this way: YOU Raid a chef and kill him because he pulls out a gun. There was only that ONE chef, so now there are no more chefs. After a while of destroying contra and stuff, a citizen suddenly storms in with a gun and kills you before you reach to see who it was. Then you can't know if it was the same guy, or if the guy had called for a citizen-friend before you killed him, and he actually didnt break NLR. That's the problem. So idk.... if there was made a vote for this, I'd vote no.
Okay I thought about this earlier and well... yes there maybe will be RDM for jobs but seriously, we can ban those people very easily.

If you got a nice job and then die and are citizen again it's very good for the RP and decreases the NLR thing. I think it's a good idea.

Maybe there will be RDM for a job sometimes but we could really do harsh punishments against those people and I doubt it will happen often then, don't think that argument is strong enough to beat down the idea Tounge.
Dare to think!
I totally agree with what you guys are saying. People will in many cases have no choise but to start a new life.

Example: The Corleones have a base in their spawn. The police raid. The corleones die and respawn and so on. It is impossible to raid their base succsessfully if they got a few keypads in place etc. If they lost their job for 5 min. they could not do anything else but to start a new life.

Personly I dont think that the RDM limit will increase that much, but if it does the RDM can be easly detected! Personly I think that this idea is one of the best I have seen on the forums so far.
Signature too big...
(10-18-2010, 06:05 PM)fai222 Wrote: Personly I think that this idea is one of the best I have seen on the forums so far.

Why thankyou Cheese

It's a shame its not being considered more seriously Sad The response seems to be "it will cause RDM." and that seems to be it Nervous many many people have come up with also valid reasons as to why this would not be the case though Smile

It could be at least worth trying for a week or so - see how it works out. It'd make impossible raids less impossible Cheese

For example, in real life - a group of rebels are being trouble - are killed off. They stay dead. They dont respawn Tounge Ingame, they'd come back as citizens, ready to RP something different Smile
(10-17-2010, 08:38 PM)Nudelholz Wrote: Okay I thought about this earlier and well... yes there maybe will be RDM for jobs but seriously, we can ban those people very easily.

If you got a nice job and then die and are citizen again it's very good for the RP and decreases the NLR thing. I think it's a good idea.

Maybe there will be RDM for a job sometimes but we could really do harsh punishments against those people and I doubt it will happen often then, don't think that argument is strong enough to beat down the idea Tounge.
There we go.

Implement.
Now.
Yes! Do it now! Or we shall all camp inside our spawn with contras and fading doors!!! Tounge Not even the president will manage to stop us! Tounge
Signature too big...
It won't increase RDM much. Not at all. But as i said, it will make problems with detecting NLR breaking..
(10-19-2010, 02:20 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: It won't increase RDM much. Not at all. But as i said, it will make problems with detecting NLR breaking..
But it will hardly be broken.

And if it is, it'll be easier because the rulebreaker will have changed classes.
(10-19-2010, 02:46 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote:
(10-19-2010, 02:20 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: It won't increase RDM much. Not at all. But as i said, it will make problems with detecting NLR breaking..
But it will hardly be broken.

And if it is, it'll be easier because the rulebreaker will have changed classes.

- Again, you sometimes can't know if that is him or another citizen friend of him that he called before you managed to kill him.