Chatbox & Cars
[Image: Fealess_Dev.png]

Chatbox & Cars

Hello Everyone!

Here's an extremely overdue update, it may look small but a lot of effort has gone into this behind the scenes. It will also help massively enhance RP on the server, so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Chatbox

Raising the limits

The inner-workings of the chatbox has been revamped by me with the aim to do something that many have called impossible, increase the chatbox limit. After several days of development and testing, we're finally able to ditch the outdated and Garry's Mod default "say" system to our own. With this, the chatbox is now capable of supporting up to 65,533 characters from 126. I've placed an limit of 512. This applies to almost everything but admin commands and features (support may be added in the future). You can now finally type the /me of your dreams or actually read the entire /wanted message. 

I think the best way to show the change is to visualize it, here's a picture of the maximum limit before and after:

[Image: FBCCdrN.png]

[Image: foVjVaQ.png]

While me and Arny have been testing this for a while, there may still be a few chat related bugs. If you think the chatbox is doing anything wrong, please feel free to post a bug report and we'll look into it.

Adding some colour

It's always been a bit annoying that IC text shares the same colour as pretty much all other chat messages (it is the default afterall). Alongside my revamp i've also changed the colour of IC messages. Here's the changes below:

[Image: OldMb8O.png]

This makes it a lot easier to differentiate an in-character conversation from someone joining the game.

Advertisement changes

Advertisements have been a significant money drain for any PassiveRP, with an hour of constant advertisements coming to around 15k spent. Adding that to property costs among other things makes passiveRP seem like a massive money drain. As such, i've decided to change how advertisements work.

Advertisements will now have a cost of $25, however they now also have a cooldown of 30 seconds. This is to help make passiveRP more profitable and easier for newer players while still avoiding spam and other misuse of the feature.

Cars

To keep this short and sweet, i'm releasing two test cars for all of you to enjoy. Introducing the Mercedes C63 and Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. These high-end cars are sure to make some heads turn as you roll past mainstreet. 

Mercedes C63

Description
A fast yet sleek car made by Mercedes which will never let you down on the roads. It seats four.

Spoiler: C63 Pictures
[Image: rNchRPZ.jpg]
[Image: 5sjlP67.jpg]

Price
$420,000

Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud

Description
A classy luxury hand-crafted vehicle made for the richest in Evocity. It seats four.

Spoiler: Silver Cloud Pictures
[Image: 9mtJaHp.jpg]
[Image: PXj2QZb.jpg]

Price
$480,000

Existing Vehicle Changes

Kenworth T800 - Nerfed
Speed - Decrease
Acceleration - Decrease
Braking Distance - Increase
Turning Radius - Decrease

McLaren P1 - Buffed 
Speed - Increased
Acceleration - Increased
Turning Radius - Increased
Sounds - Added
Model - Updated

Scania Truck - Nerfed
Speed - Decrease
Acceleration - Decrease

Content and Credits

Content

Credits

Pollux - Creation of update.
@"Arny" - Helping with extensive testing, helping pick colours.
Wolven - Being smelly, motivational support.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Smile
The following 2 users Like Luna's post:
  • Pollux, Lewwings
Oooooooooooooooooof
The following 1 user Likes User 21796's post:
  • Pollux
Nice meme
The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • Pollux
Oooo, amazing update!
Wolven

Nice.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Panda's post:
  • Pollux
great job!
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Pollux
No Cadillac Limo REEEEEEEEEEEEE
[Image: HmlcOJz.png]
The following 1 user Likes Budy's post:
  • Pollux
Lovely update Cheese
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Pollux
Nice work! Finally the buff to the McLaren I was waiting for.
[Image: 3SGm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Sebbish's post:
  • Pollux