Should Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia leave the EU?
(09-14-2018, 04:26 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:14 PM)Archer Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:04 PM)£10 Cro Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 03:40 PM)Emil Wrote: The EU has done such horrible things to Poland!

Terrible things, such as (but not limited to):

- Doubling the Polish GDP per capita (since 2004)
- Sending $56 billion in development funds between 2007 and 2013
- Protecting them (and the Baltic States) from Russia.

It's completely justified that Poland makes a fuss about taking in refugees - I mean, after all, it's not like they are one of the richest countries in Eastern Europe? It's not like Turkey, a country with a lower GDP per capita has taken in 3 million refugees, and Lebanon, a country that is 30 times smaller than Poland and has an even lower GPD per capita, has taken in 1 million refugees - yet Poland has only taken in 0 refugees? And to your point about economic migrants - refugees are temporary. Noone is forcing you to keep these refugees forever, and they probably don't want to stay forever either.

I mean, of course - you're not the one making decisions and I don't blame you for this happening (Of course, I can't be completely sure about your opinion on the subject either, but based on the tone you're setting in this thread, I think I know what you think of the EU). But I just hope you realize that your government is exploiting nationalism/patriotism into making you think that the EU is out to get you. They're not - the reason you're being "threatened" is because your government is taking increasingly authoritarian measures.

I think thats the least they can do after ditching Poland in 2 wars and making it the forefront in Nazi and Soviet occupation

Poland didn’t even exist in the First World War. You’re just posting random “info”
Also in response to juicyorange, I never spoke against Polish culture, but it is a fact that Poland is a hub of far-right parties AND that there was mass-scale collaboration with nazis, especially in the invasion of Czechoslovakia
all due respect, i know a bit of history myself and poland lost independence in the 3rd partion in 1795 after being a successful monarchy for over 100 years, however the polish people still lived in Austria-Hungary making up nearly 18% of the population of Austria-Hungary pre WW1 and during WW1. the polish nation might not have officially existed but the people did exist, and there were millions of them.

and i am sure that even more turks collaborated with the nazis on a mass scale as well, and i am sure turkey is also a hub for right wing parties, i can only list a single far right party in poland from my knowledge. 

i am sure that the UK, france, germany, beligum, austria, russia, the US are also all hubs for far right groups, i don't get your point here.

will respond when I’m home
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia leave the EU? - by Archer - 09-14-2018, 04:31 PM