Should Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia leave the EU?
(09-14-2018, 05:07 PM)£10 Cro Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:31 PM)Emil Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:26 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:14 PM)Archer Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:04 PM)£10 Cro Wrote: I think thats the least they can do after ditching Poland in 2 wars and making it the forefront in Nazi and Soviet occupation

Poland didn’t even exist in the First World War. You’re just posting random “info”
Also in response to juicyorange, I never spoke against Polish culture, but it is a fact that Poland is a hub of far-right parties AND that there was mass-scale collaboration with nazis, especially in the invasion of Czechoslovakia
all due respect, i know a bit of history myself and poland lost independence in the 3rd partion in 1795 after being a successful monarchy for over 100 years, however the polish people still lived in Austria-Hungary making up nearly 18% of the population of Austria-Hungary pre WW1 and during WW1. the polish nation might not have officially existed but the people did exist, and there were millions of them.

and i am sure that even more turks collaborated with the nazis on a mass scale as well, and i am sure turkey is also a hub for right wing parties, i can only list a single far right party in poland from my knowledge. 

i am sure that the UK, france, germany, beligum, austria, russia, the US are also all hubs for far right groups, i don't get your point here.

Well to be fair, they did get their independence after WW1 so I'm not sure how exactly they were "ditched".

What I meant is that Poland suffered the most, and their "allies" only intervined when they were in the crosshairs

Britain and France weren’t allies with Poland-Lithuania and had no obligation to protect it. That being said, I’d say that Serbia and Belgium suffered much, much more than Poland in WW1. Poland was also given many extra territories after it got independent(Lviv and such). I’m kinda confused on what you mean
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(09-14-2018, 05:30 PM)Archer Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:14 PM)Archer Wrote: Poland didn’t even exist in the First World War. You’re just posting random “info”
Also in response to juicyorange, I never spoke against Polish culture, but it is a fact that Poland is a hub of far-right parties AND that there was mass-scale collaboration with nazis, especially in the invasion of Czechoslovakia
all due respect, i know a bit of history myself and poland lost independence in the 3rd partion in 1795 after being a successful monarchy for over 100 years, however the polish people still lived in Austria-Hungary making up nearly 18% of the population of Austria-Hungary pre WW1 and during WW1. the polish nation might not have officially existed but the people did exist, and there were millions of them.

and i am sure that even more turks collaborated with the nazis on a mass scale as well, and i am sure turkey is also a hub for right wing parties, i can only list a single far right party in poland from my knowledge. 

i am sure that the UK, france, germany, beligum, austria, russia, the US are also all hubs for far right groups, i don't get your point here.

Well to be fair, they did get their independence after WW1 so I'm not sure how exactly they were "ditched".

What I meant is that Poland suffered the most, and their "allies" only intervined when they were in the crosshairs

Britain and France weren’t allies with Poland-Lithuania and had no obligation to protect it. That being said, I’d say that Serbia and Belgium suffered much, much more than Poland in WW2. Poland was also given many extra territories after it got independent(Lviv and such). I’m kinda confused on what you mean
Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth wasnt around that time, and yes Poland was allied with Britain and France. Also, Belgium lost 88,00 people and poland lost 6million and $54 Billion in damages.
The following 2 users Like £10 Cro's post:
  • Prosto, juicyorange
(09-14-2018, 04:14 PM)Archer Wrote: Poland didn’t even exist in the First World War. You’re just posting random “info”

Britain and France weren’t allies with Poland-Lithuania and had no obligation to protect it. That being said, I’d say that Serbia and Belgium suffered much, much more than Poland in WW2. Poland was also given many extra territories after it got independent(Lviv and such). I’m kinda confused on what you mean

Wtf, he said that allies ignored poland, when Britain promised to protect Polish independence in march 1939.
You mention Poland-Lithuania, then you mention ww2, and what the fuck Belgium suffered more? You must be kidding Over 6000000 deaths compared to around 100k. Not including that most deadly death camps were located in Poland. And at the end you mention Lviv, which is not related to ww2 at all. Are you trying to mention random facts to get your point across or something?

EDIT: Oh shit the guy above said it all correctly before me. I guess Im slow at typing
The following 2 users Like Prosto's post:
  • juicyorange, £10 Cro
Thank you for using common sense Prosto

poland was obliterated in WW2, the polish nation was going to be destroyed that was Hitler's plan do not tell me that Belgium suffered more as i haven't laughed that much in my life, hitler's plan was to exterminate poland and all slavs from the world as well as jews.

Lviv was not "extra terroritory" "given" to poland after it was almost destroyed and had its culture wiped, lviv belonged to the polish-lithuanian commonwealth before the partions of poland so it was rightfully theirs in the first place.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • £10 Cro
(09-14-2018, 05:23 PM)Prosto Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:32 PM)Archer Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:24 PM)Prosto Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 02:46 PM)Archer Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 02:45 PM)Prosto Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_NATO

"one of the few"

What is this supposed to mean?

He said EU was one of the few organisations keeping Poland out of Russian sphere, not the only one

Oh please, if we are talking about russian influence, EU has nothing to do with protection against it.

Youre a fool if you truly believe that. Also, what is the issue if the EU is completely redundant and doesnt add to polish protection against Russia? Youre free to leave if you disagree with EU legislation.

Talk to Ukraine and how well NATO worked out for them when russia invaded the krim.
(09-14-2018, 06:46 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 05:23 PM)Prosto Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:32 PM)Archer Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:24 PM)Prosto Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 02:46 PM)Archer Wrote: "one of the few"

What is this supposed to mean?

He said EU was one of the few organisations keeping Poland out of Russian sphere, not the only one

Oh please, if we are talking about russian influence, EU has nothing to do with protection against it.

Youre a fool if you truly believe that. Also, what is the issue if the EU is completely redundant and doesnt add to polish protection against Russia? Youre free to leave if you disagree with EU legislation.

Talk to Ukraine and how well NATO worked out for them when russia invaded the krim.

No, you are a fool if you think that EU has something to do with "protection" its not even a military organisation

Elaborate or don't make noise

And Ukraine never was part of NATO lmfao

If whole NATO concept did not exist Russia would already intervene into certain countries and only thing EU would do is "be deeply concerned"
(09-14-2018, 06:18 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:26 PM)juicyorange Wrote: all due respect, i know a bit of history myself and poland lost independence in the 3rd partion in 1795 after being a successful monarchy for over 100 years, however the polish people still lived in Austria-Hungary making up nearly 18% of the population of Austria-Hungary pre WW1 and during WW1. the polish nation might not have officially existed but the people did exist, and there were millions of them.

poland was obliterated in WW2, the polish nation was going to be destroyed that was Hitler's plan do not tell me that Belgium suffered more as i haven't laughed that much in my life, hitler's plan was to exterminate poland and all slavs from the world as well as jews.

Lviv was not "extra terroritory" "given" to poland after it was almost destroyed and had its culture wiped, lviv belonged to the polish-lithuanian commonwealth before the partions of poland so it was rightfully theirs in the first place.

I meant WW1, apologies for a typo
+rep
(09-14-2018, 05:50 PM)Prosto Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:26 PM)juicyorange Wrote: all due respect, i know a bit of history myself and poland lost independence in the 3rd partion in 1795 after being a successful monarchy for over 100 years, however the polish people still lived in Austria-Hungary making up nearly 18% of the population of Austria-Hungary pre WW1 and during WW1. the polish nation might not have officially existed but the people did exist, and there were millions of them.

Wtf, he said that allies ignored poland, when Britain promised to protect Polish independence in march 1939.
You mention Poland-Lithuania, then you mention ww2, and what the fuck Belgium suffered more? You must be kidding Over 6000000 deaths compared to around 100k. Not including that most deadly death camps were located in Poland. And at the end you mention Lviv, which is not related to ww2 at all. Are you trying to mention random facts to get your point across or something?

EDIT: Oh shit the guy above said it all correctly before me. I guess Im slow at typing

Stop screeching, I made a simple typo ffs
I make a small typo and all the Poland fans come at me lol
+rep
Lord Curzon: Gives Poland territory inhabited by Ukrainians and Belorussians, not to count Germans and Lithuanians
Poland: Also helps Germany invade Czechoslovakia
Polish 'Home' Army: Leaves communists out of planning for the Warsaw Uprising and then blames them for not helping
Polish fascists: Collaborate with Germany, help them maintain death camps
Sorry but you cannot deny that Poland is not innocent.
(plus I wasn't the one who brought in PLC. The OP mentioned the partitions.)
+rep