What if the admin split never happened.
Well because we are discussing the current state of the server i really wan't to know what you guys think of the state of the server if the admin team never split off to make the other CityRP community. What do you think the Staff team would look like. Do you think we would be having conversations about the current state of the server. Do you think we'd have the same problems we face now? Do you think that the communities might merge together in the future? 

Personally i think we'd have a bigger player base.

What about you guys.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 2 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • Lewwings, sebasti161
I don't think a merge would ever happen to tell you the truth.
Of course we'd have a bigger player base, we lost about a 4th of our players when the split happened.
The staff team would also be alot bigger which would be lovely.
(08-23-2018, 07:28 PM)DVN Wrote: I don't think a merge would ever happen to tell you the truth.

Yeah i think it's wishful thinking tbh but i think it would benefit both communities in the long run but yeah honestly it sounds like a 1% thing to happen.
Hang on, in this hypothetical situation, did Soul step down from Owner and be replaced by Temar or is he still Owner and no tensions around his position occurred?

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 4 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Eeee394, Archer, Pollux, sebasti161
(08-23-2018, 07:37 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Hang on, in this hypothetical situation, did Soul step down from Owner and be replaced by Temar or is he still Owner and no tensions around his position occurred?

It's almost impossible for me to see a situation where Soul steps down even if it's hypothetical but for this case Sure, one where Temar gained full responsibility of the Community. But then again saying that i guess the answer to that is the other community.  I don't know which of the two situations you said would be the better one and also i don't know why the current staff does not have the same issue's with soul that the previous team did.
(08-23-2018, 08:58 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 07:37 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Hang on, in this hypothetical situation, did Soul step down from Owner and be replaced by Temar or is he still Owner and no tensions around his position occurred?

It's almost impossible for me to see a situation where Soul steps down even if it's hypothetical but for this case Sure, one where Temar gained full responsibility of the Community. But then again saying that i guess the answer to that is the other community.  I don't know which of the two situations you said would be the better one and also i don't know why the current staff does not have the same issue's with soul that the previous team did.

I wonder why

I mean, I wasn't around during the time of the split, so what I say next is merely what I think from what I know.

I do think if Temar became the Owner of FL and Soul did resign, I think most of what has happened on Limelight would just happen, I mean there would be a few promotion differences, bans wouldn't have been wiped, and CityRP history from 2015 onwards would be much, much different compared to what happened.

I'd say a situation where Soul stays as Owner would be better as I do think Limelight has made some pretty weird choices, as Soul (with his 7 years experience at the time of 2015) would be more adapt to dealing with the issues of Fearless.

I'm just gonna say, in my opinion, about why the current team doesn't have any major or publicly known issues is probably because of Soul's inactivity, that's what I think at least.

(08-23-2018, 09:08 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

I mean, I wasn't around during the time of the split, so what I say next is merely what I think from what I know.

I do think if Temar became the Owner of FL and Soul did resign, I think most of what has happened on another community would just happen, I mean there would be a few promotion differences, bans wouldn't have been wiped, and CityRP history from 2015 onwards would be much, much different compared to what happened.

I'd say a situation where Soul stays as Owner would be better as I do think another community has made some pretty weird choices, as Soul (with his 7 years experience at the time of 2015) would be more adapt to dealing with the issues of Fearless.

I'm just gonna say, in my opinion, about why the current team doesn't have any major or publicly known issues is probably because of Soul's inactivity, that's what I think at least.

It's because the community doesn't require Soul to be that active. His responsibilities are placed onto the SA team and he is usually still puts his say into things going on. The only real big issue that pops up is when he is the only one who can do something. Some files on the FTP server are locked accidentally by him and he is the only one who can lift them. This means I have to go through the SA team, which can take a while. A good example is the event server, i'm still locked out of the addons folder and as such props do not work on it. The Build Server had to be hosted on Alpha without a prop protection addon (and it was a mess at times due to this) at a really short notice.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-23-2018, 09:34 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 09:08 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

I do think if Temar became the Owner of FL and Soul did resign, I think most of what has happened on another community would just happen, I mean there would be a few promotion differences, bans wouldn't have been wiped, and CityRP history from 2015 onwards would be much, much different compared to what happened.

I'd say a situation where Soul stays as Owner would be better as I do think another community has made some pretty weird choices, as Soul (with his 7 years experience at the time of 2015) would be more adapt to dealing with the issues of Fearless.

It's because the community doesn't require Soul to be that active. His responsibilities are placed onto the SA team and he is usually still puts his say into things going on. The only real big issue that pops up is when he is the only one who can do something. Some files on the FTP server are locked accidentally by him and he is the only one who can lift them. This means I have to go through the SA team, which can take a while. A good example is the event server, i'm still locked out of the addons folder and as such props do not work on it. The Build Server had to be hosted on Alpha without a prop protection addon (and it was a mess at times due to this) at a really short notice.

I think you missed my point. Soul caused issues back in 2015 which clearly forced the team into a protest against some of his decisions, nowadays, Soul ain't active, which is probably why there is no recent Owner & Staff Team issues.

That's my take on it.