Microphone use in the Server
I'm just saying, that Admins should clarify: Is it IC or OOC?
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
Should be OOC, because people keeps saying IC things on the microphone and u can't understand them for some reasons (Not english-native people, or 10 year old kids.) and can't roleplay with them, that ruins the experience, they don't even type if u tell them too.
It's both I believe. It would be best to Specify, being that it's what I do. (I.E. "This is OOC"; Then say whatever in OOC etc.) The only exception is the raid call. You MUST type that. (Recommend creating a bind for that.)
well Mic's can be used for IC and OOC

as Serpent said Raid can only be yelled in chat not on the mic.
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
(01-16-2012, 06:06 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: I say voice chat should be disabled in the server. It's annoying, it shows bad roleplay, and it makes the admins' jobs harder.

Extreme support on that one, Raffi. Voice chat only raises the level of failRP and I'm tired of telling people to type instead, because their microphones suck so badly. And many people are actually using their mic's nowadays which makes our job as admins a lot harder. Really. We can't do shit in most cases where microphones are involved.
I use mic, Specially if with Fellow SS or police officers. If were at a hostage situation, to type is a pain in the ass when we need to move quickly. Or to respond to a call, i tell the officer in the passenger seat via mic to radio in to the Nexus reporting our location.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The following 2 users Like ForceGhost's post:
  • Azusa Nakano, Zoidberg
Disable mic? That would ruin every club rp :/
The following 3 users Like Sub-Zero's post:
  • Zoidberg, Coko, Eric
Well, in my opinion Mic's should be disabled. Should only be allowed to be used by:

A) Admins, Super Admins
B) People with 5+ RP points.

Making a Suggestion Thread now!
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.