Microphone use in the Server
Right. There's one main problem in the server with Microphone usage in the server, and it's that people use it for IC and OOC at the same time. Like for example

Person 1: (Microphone) Did you want to see me Mr. President?
President: Yes.
Person 2: (Microphone) Okay, I'll spawn a chair to sit on.

So basicly, Is the Microphone for IC use or OOC? We have to set the rules, otherwise it's too confusing. Like when someone insults you, how do you know if it's IC or OOC?
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The fact that it is confusing is, that when they talk with microphone, it shows their Steam Community name, so don't know if they're talking OOC or not.
It's been a long time.
Personally i dont have ANY problems, its easy to understand if they're talking in character because of the type of speech they use (well should be using) usually a serious sounding one, if they are OOC then it changes, i dont find any problems at all, but i do agree that rules will need to be stricter about microphones
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

The following 1 user Likes Headster's post:
  • Colonel Burger
The three main problems with mic-chat in the servers, I find, are:

1. People often use their mics just to spam music or make stupid noises and basically just dick around like morons.
2. It tends to distract the players from using commands, namely /me and /it.
3. Voice chat can't be read in logs.

I say voice chat should be disabled in the server. It's annoying, it shows bad roleplay, and it makes the admins' jobs harder.

Why is 'dick' censored? It's not a curse word...
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 2 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • StillAlive, Pechvarry
Although it's not a suggestion, + Support on Raffi
+support, I always get annoyed by people.
I dont have trouble with understanding IC from OOC because people wont say "Im going to spawn a chair" in IC?
The following 1 user Likes TJ3003's post:
  • Coko
I really like mic chat if the mic has decent quality and they know how to RP.
The following 1 user Likes Sir McSquiggles's post:
  • Coko
*DerStorms mark of approval*
+Support
The mic should be for IC use only imo.