Dieing because of coming close to vehicle/people/doors/props
Title of Bug: Dieing because of coming close to vehicle/people/doors/props

Description: Somehow over the week, I have experienced an increase of deaths caused by coming close to cars/props/people/doors etc. Of course we have all had occasions you die because you step out of or come close to vehicle and instantly die, but I think it has increased since I had this cause of death around ten times now this week and I am a bit confused why it is happening so often suddenly.

Evidence:
Just an example of many times I had this:
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
Just happens, nothing can be done as far as I'm aware.
This happened to me on V5P with a bush...I'm not shitting you a literally map element of the bush. Me and Barry tried to recreate it to no avail.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Unfortunately, thats just Gmod not too much the Devs can do to fix it.
That's the source engine for you.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Sometimes you just fall down dead on the sidewalk, despite the fact that nobody is even near you.
No clue what causes this or how it could be fixed, but I just pretend that you get a heart attack.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • _Enzyme_
Pretty sure that has been a bug for years. But to get some things straight it is no part of GMOD whatsoever more of the game mode that probs can't be fixed
(08-05-2018, 08:02 AM)Dimitris Wrote: Pretty sure that has been a bug for years. But to get some things straight it is no part of GMOD whatsoever more of the game mode that probs can't be fixed

Incorrect, these issues are generally out of our control. If you look at a car closely when it's stationary it's actually still slightly moving. That isn't anything to do with us at all and it's likely impossible or extremely hard to fix.

It's a bit weird that it's happening often though, it's usually quite rare.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Maybe add vehicular damage only when it's speed is higher than 10 KPH or 5 KPH. But as Pollux said it's harder to fix it as it looks like. To me it just looks like simple IF statement would fix it but I'm not that much into LUA. I'm just gonna stick to programming Hardware C++ and assembly Smile
~ Equinox ~
I mean at the end of the day, it makes us laugh

https://youtu.be/br1AmDEZ2cg
The following 2 users Like Forgee's post:
  • MrTreeGames, Grunt