Vice President becomes President after death/demotion
Title of suggestion: Vice President becomes President after death/demotion

Description: After President dies, changes job or is being demoted by staff, vice president gets his job, but does not respawn while doing it.

Why:
First off, it would prevent tax-farming vice presidents getting money, who are more or less just eating food to prevent starvation. This would make them pay more attention to what's going on in city and/or around president, so this gives them bigger responsibility.

Second, it would prevent those planned job switching actions between friends in OOC reasons. This gives other players bigger chance to become president. After all, if president dies in real life, vice president temporarily gets his position until elections.

To make this work, when vice president gets promoted, they shouldn't be respawned because obvious reasons, they should at least be notified that they recieved president's job.

Second solution: When president dies/changes job/gets demoted, vice president gets 1 minute prompt on HUD (just like warrant) to accept or deny presidential job. Nobody else can become president in that 1 minute. After vice president decides or after 1 minute is over, other people can become president as normal. Again, I'm not at liberty to decide the time, you could as well lower it to 30 seconds.

If you +support or -support, please state why you think so.
~ Equinox ~
There are also some people who don't want to become president, what about them?
(07-29-2018, 01:48 AM)T1W Wrote: There are also some people who don't want to become president, what about them?

There's also second solution. Also I don't see any other reason why would they only want to play as vice, besides live on tax money
~ Equinox ~
+Support
Makes sense for the second in command to become the leader, rather than some random person sniping it off the jobs tab.

+support
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Lewwings
+support
Cool idea, i like it a lot but i see one issue.

What if the vice president becomes president due to the latter dying from a raid. Do the raiders have the right to instantly kill the VP (now president) because he was also part of the previous goverment? This doesnt really matter in the current state because a random new person will become president. If the VP becomes president its fair to assume that he will continue from the previous administration (continuing the dictatorship for example).

That needs to be adressed in the rules if this suggestion is accepted, otherwise major +support
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Kippsee, Lewwings
+support
I personally think they should have a choice to take the president position instead of being assigned it instantly.

However, +support.
+Support

Would actually give a reason to be VP instead of tax farming
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Lewwings