Dispatch Changes
Title: ^
Summary: 1. Allow you to change how many unit are on a scene at any time
2. make the SRU Serg responsible for the status of all the SRU
3. fix the scroll bar in units
4. Allow you select which units to send(as in if you want you can select the actual person to send)
5. make it more obvious to the player receiving the commands from dispatch what the have to do
6. Make a command for the police/paramedic/SRU/fireman to set the situation code 4 from the scene
Why: 1. a situation could change meaning you no longer need 3 units there, just one to clean up the mess. 
2. the SRU should be together about 90% of the time, so their leader should be responsible for their entire thing
3. it jumps around and you cant see the bottom few
4. for example, you can select units you know will be better in a chase or units that are specially for a chase then to go to a chase.
5. Some people just outright ignore it, especially new players that dont notice it
6. it would show up what to type somewhere everytime they got assigned a emergency(e.g. /code4), they would type this in chat when the emergency was finished, automatically setting them back to avaible and setting the original call code 4. This would speed things up as well as fix the clutter because otherwise people often dont tell you when its code 4 until you ask 10000000000 times(except equal <3), the dispatcher would still have the option in the menu to do this as well incase they forgot(still).

EDIT: Add a new option to the menu that comes up when you right click on a call to reply to it, bring up a box to reply. Cause the ID isn't always visible and you may need more information or to tell them to stop sending paramedic requests
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
The following 1 user Likes dawson270500's post:
  • Alphaverse
What you mean with "Cause the ID isn't always visible"?

Some of the other things were already suggested and I am currently working on a bigger update which fixes a lot of the issues and adds a lot of new features.
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
Please don't forget to make calls you have already dispatched units to editable. So let's say you dispatch 1 unit and he calls additionals, he has to make a new /request which is mad annoying.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Alphaverse
(07-26-2018, 04:52 AM)Alphaverse Wrote: What you mean with "Cause the ID isn't always visible"?

Some of the other things were already suggested and I am currently working on a bigger update which fixes a lot of the issues and adds a lot of new features.

Some peoples name is too big for the box so you can't see their ID
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
Hmm.. I will have a look on it.. I can't make the names completly visible but maybe it would be enough to just display the callers information on top if you right click. That could also help for smaller resolutions.
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
A big problem with the dispatch is that you can just call a unit over radio as say a police sergeant much quicker than a dispatch can fiddle with the amount of people to respond etc.

Also, people just outright ignore the number of units to respond and typical to the police force when there is a call, everybody responds regardless if they were sent out or not.
One issue for me is the high numbers of calls you receive from the same incident.
If there is a raid at UM for example there are multiple officers doing /backup or /panic requests resulting in around 10 calls for the same situation, making dealing with them frustrating and slow.

I know i might be asking for a lot here but would it be possible to make the system detect /panics and /requests from the same general area and ignore them or mark them as the same?

+Support for all the suggestions earlier mentioned by OP.
(07-29-2018, 01:25 PM)Baskingner Wrote: One issue for me is the high numbers of calls you receive from the same incident.
If there is a raid at UM for example there are multiple officers doing /backup or /panic requests resulting in around 10 calls for the same situation, making dealing with them frustrating and slow.

I know i might be asking for a lot here but would it be possible to make the system detect /panics and /requests from the same general area and ignore them or mark them as the same?

+Support for all the suggestions earlier mentioned by OP.
It would be possible to check if the location is the same.

But it wouldn't make any sense.. If you are on the Main Street there could be multiple /panic situations and they won't be displayed. Or if one officer is in a store and one in front of it. If both use /panic they still will be displayed both and are both from the same situation..
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
(07-26-2018, 01:46 AM)dawson270500 Wrote: 5. make it more obvious to the player receiving the commands from dispatch what the have to do
6. Make a command for the police/paramedic/SRU/fireman to set the situation code 4 from the scene
Why: 1. a situation could change meaning you no longer need 3 units there, just one to clean up the mess. 

5. Some people just outright ignore it, especially new players that dont notice it
6. it would show up what to type somewhere everytime they got assigned a emergency(e.g. /code4), they would type this in chat when the emergency was finished, automatically setting them back to avaible and setting the original call code 4. This would speed things up as well as fix the clutter because otherwise people often dont tell you when its code 4 until you ask 10000000000 times(except equal <3), the dispatcher would still have the option in the menu to do this as well incase they forgot(still).

+Support, especially for 5 and 6.
I have played as Dispatcher a few times and always didn't know which calls were Code 4 or which Units are Available.
Nobody used the /status Menu and I had to ask a million times if it's Code 4 or not.
[Image: owI6QSg.png]
(07-26-2018, 01:46 AM)dawson270500 Wrote: 5. make it more obvious to the player receiving the commands from dispatch what the have to do

5. What do you mean in detail? Don't really get it.
6. I won't do that, I think. There would be to many people who just abuse this and the whole dispatch thing is destroyed. But I will change the Code 4 System a bit.
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor