RPPs are dead
(07-25-2018, 09:41 AM)Fultz Wrote: The problem I see is the aggrp right by the Nexus.

The simple solution is to remove the slums as a baseable area and open up more areas outside the city to counter balance it.

That way it doesn't feel like death match in the city so the passive family rps can be happy and  all the basic slum kids can have some compensation for giving it up.

Thanks for you input but I don't believe that's why RPPs are given less these days.
RPPs are given for all roleplays, passive and aggressive, so aggressiveRP cannot be the issue.
One more thing to add, it's hard to remove a part of a map and add other parts. That would require a map switch which is suitable for another discussion.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(07-25-2018, 10:03 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 09:41 AM)Fultz Wrote: The problem I see is the aggrp right by the Nexus.

The simple solution is to remove the slums as a baseable area and open up more areas outside the city to counter balance it.

That way it doesn't feel like death match in the city so the passive family rps can be happy and  all the basic slum kids can have some compensation for giving it up.

Thanks for you input but I don't believe that's why RPPs are given less these days.
RPPs are given for all roleplays, passive and aggressive, so aggressiveRP cannot be the issue.
One more thing to add, it's hard to remove a part of a map and add other parts. That would require a map switch which is suitable for another discussion.

Excuse Fultz' choice of words, he meant that staff should remove the ability to base in slums in accordance to the rules. So basically like how you aren't allowed to base at main street.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(07-25-2018, 10:37 AM)equal Wrote:

Excuse Fultz' choice of words, he meant that staff should remove the ability to base in slums in accordance to the rules. So basically like how you aren't allowed to base at main street.

Ah that makes things a lot more clear, could be suggested to the staff! Although it will be hard to implement as a lot of aggressive roleplayers prefer slums (as was told to me) but nevertheless that is an option to balance out roleplay.
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(07-25-2018, 10:37 AM)equal Wrote:

The slum area is definatly a problem. The last 4 times i played there was literally a near constant raid on slums and nexus. Both parties just kept raiding eachother and killing eachothers members without any roleplay whatsoever. I feel we should come up with rules to prevent this from happening as it paralyzing the entire server.
The following 4 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Infernaw, Archer, Greed^
v5p is too large for FL-v2d is too crowded. The solution to create a playable environment for both Agg and Pas players is a medium sized map like v33x or v4b1
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Guys, it is not a discussion about the map. It's about RPPs being obsolete/dead.
Let's stay on topic.
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(07-25-2018, 11:33 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: Guys, it is not a discussion about the map. It's about RPPs being obsolete/dead.
Let's stay on topic.

I honestly cant tell you the last time I saw an rp that was anything special. Maybe instead of complaining about admins not giving out role play points incredibly easy, you guys do an adequate unique roleplay?
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Falc, CorieTheNub, Yonno, DVN
(07-25-2018, 12:26 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 11:33 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: Guys, it is not a discussion about the map. It's about RPPs being obsolete/dead.
Let's stay on topic.

I honestly cant tell you the last time I saw an rp that was anything special. Maybe instead of complaining about admins not giving out role play points incredibly easy, you guys do an adequate unique roleplay?

This.

Complaining about not getting RPP’s but doesn’t do Roleplays good enough. Most people throw a shop up and hope a few decorations get them a point and then complain when they don’t because they used a whole 4 /me’s and 1 /it. Lol.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Yonno
I agree. The standard of roleplay has gone downhill. But I feel new players, who haven’t gained an RPP should be rewarded for role playing and getting into the swing of things.
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Pretty certain the quality of RP everywhere across gmod etc has dropped, even on other games
The following 1 user Likes SpaghettiFTW's post:
  • Spartan_KCT