RPPs are dead
(07-24-2018, 11:56 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Its not the map. Why is this even an argument?  V2D was around for literally 6 years .  Its not like everyone went 'omg its v2d we can't roleplay'. No! Everyone roleplayed, during the afternoon every single shop was bought and an RP was going on. i've seen more RP's on V2D than you can imagine. v2d used to be the PassiveRP king to the point Lesanka and Avgar would (even though v4b1 was completely full) swap over to v2d to do passiveRP's because thats the best place.

The reason for RP's not occuring is RPP's are not being given so no-one can be bothered to do it. It's not rocket science, its like why would I sit in a base and make money? If I didn't make money why would I sit there? Thats how people view RPP's. For those who roleplay for the roleplay, they don't need to blame the map because they can make a roleplay out of nothing.

Stop making excuses and roleplay!

Alright would you really say that there is more RP on this map now than it was on v5p? Well open your eyes and get out on the streets ... I have only seen you doing Aggressive RP and that’s it. Don’t tell me to stop making excuses and roleplay because I do RP but only group because I don’t need other players except from players who wants to RP the same thing without having minges and Aggressive RP ruining it. Several passive role players has stated their reasons for not doing normal RP

And yes it is an argument because it’s a new one and not the same old thing you bring in. I haven’t seen you doing a single passive RP at all, so please don’t tell me what you are just saying about exudes and that I should start role playing. The map is old and doesn’t fit for our new ideas for roleplay at all. It’s outdated and the map doesn’t bring new ideas as DVN started but makes us go back in time to the same and old roleplays which are boring to watch, boring to see and boring to be involved into! We must start fresh and we must start thinking new. Avgar and Lesanka might have roleplay experience but it doesn’t mean that their thoughts and believes for what’a the server’s best would be the correct answer for our problems. We got less spectating staff members on roleplays and less passive RP because it’s now dying out. One factor is the map, another is the teacher removal and another one is less rewards handed out!

Staff members who doesn’t RP and players who doesn’t do Passive RP doesn’t have a single world they should have said when it comes to why the roleplay atyle is doing out because you haven’t experienced how it is to actually try to find new and fun roleplays which people can enjoy. That is a tip which has been handed out by one of the current staff members who can give out the rewards. If you want the rewards, listen to them. If you want to know why the roleplay atule is dying, ask those you are constantly trying to revive it and has always been doing the roleplay stule, not those who always want Aggressive RP to be promoted and only care about Aggressive RP. That is not the correct way to do it and it won’t result in an answer which can be used to fix the situation we are currently facing.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Jessixa
Dont think its a problem with the map itself, more the way too aggressive players raiding and shooting everything
The following 4 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Infernaw, Huskii, Archer
(07-25-2018, 01:23 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Dont think its a problem with the map itself, more the way too aggressive players raiding and shooting everything

The only issue I have with the map is that you've got limited possibilities at every location, which I why I preferred pines.
And since it's a very good map for aggressiveRP it results in A LOT of aggressiveRP.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 1 user Likes Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Zona
(07-25-2018, 01:23 AM)Greed^ Wrote: Dont think its a problem with the map itself, more the way too aggressive players raiding and shooting everything

Which is entirely because of the map.

AggressiveRP is being pushed to Slums which is 25 feet away from the Government.
V5P at least protected PassiveRP's and pushed these CriminalRP's out of the city center and shopping district.

I'd prefer a bigger map where I wasn't being forced into the middle of a cluster f*ck shootout and where I could actually find a home that isn't also a place where people are contrafarming.
The following 6 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Jessixa, Infernaw, Huskii, Zona, Archer
Because roleplay has become boring, 60% of the server is normally an aggressive side. With all these aggressive players, no one will visit the shop you worked hours creating. All these players saying ‘everyone used to roleplay’ yeah they did, we all did. Farming RPP so that we can get them aggressiveRP benefits like the gas mask. Once players got that, what’s he point in role playing? I know I pretty much stopped.
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Infernaw
(07-25-2018, 06:35 AM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Because roleplay has become boring, 60% of the server is normally an aggressive side. With all these aggressive players, no one will visit the shop you worked hours creating. All these players saying ‘everyone used to roleplay’ yeah they did, we all did. Farming RPP so that we can get them aggressiveRP benefits like the gas mask. Once players got that, what’s he point in role playing? I know I pretty much stopped.

But still a vast majority of the players don't have these items yet, so more RPPs would work to promote roleplay amongst these members. I believe more RPPs will lead to more roleplay and most likely more members, because people want their friends to join.
When the staff promotes passiveRP this way, roleplay in general will be balanced out.
I think right now because like you mentioned many people aggressiveRP we end up in a cycle where everyone does it, because that's the way to go.
Fearless Donator
Click me!

I agree to an extent, RPPs have definitely become less common however are still be given out. Maybe giving a few more out wouldn't hurt, however with the teacher rank they became a little too common so really an equal balance needs to be found.
The following 3 users Like Kippsee's post:
  • Eeee394, Spartan_KCT, Flux
I’ll bite my tongue with this thread till I’m home.

Get your head out your own ass and quit trying to pile the blame on aggressive Roleplay/Roleplayers.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Zona
(07-25-2018, 08:14 AM)Falc Wrote: I’ll bite my tongue with this thread till I’m home.

Get your head out your own ass and quit trying to pile the blame on aggressive Roleplay/Roleplayers.

I've never blamed aggressive roleplay nor have I blamed aggressive roleplayers. I've addressed an issue revolving around RPPs in general, because every RP can earn one. I stated that roleplay is outbalanced right now, which it is, that's not necessarily a good or bad thing it's just a fact.

Now please everyone let's not get off topic and discuss about the map, that is suitable for another discussion thread.
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The problem I see is the aggrp right by the Nexus.

The simple solution is to remove the slums as a baseable area and open up more areas outside the city to counter balance it.

That way it doesn't feel like death match in the city so the passive family rps can be happy and  all the basic slum kids can have some compensation for giving it up.
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Yonno, equal, Flux, Greed^