Staff Report: Awestruck
Username: BasicallyMental / KONY FOR PRESIDENT

Accused Staff Member: [FL] Awestruck

Involved Users:
  • [FL] Awestruck
  • [FL] Divey
  • China Mafia Members
  • Government Members

Time/Date/Time Zone: 1:50AM BST (22.07.2018)

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement: 2.4 Do not do unrealistic things out of context (FailRP).

Evidence and Explanation:
For a few hours (is the length of time i was told, however witnessed around 30 minutes of it) the China Mafia were yet again basing in the Slums Appartment #2 - Opposite Slums Garage - murdering cops constantly which can be proven through the hundreds of total kills from the China Mafia in the screenshots. After this time of being on, they raided the President (who's tax was on 40%) leaving Awestruck to become the new President. Shortly after him taking the role, the China Mafia announced them working alongside the Government.
China Mafia/Awestruck argument (which i can show if required through my recording); as they no longer have contraband they do not count as a criminal organisation.
This is incorrect. They had been shooting the Government for hours (as said racking up hundreds of kills), doing illegal activities using the name of China Mafia therefore classing themselves as a criminal organisation. On top of this, a Mafia is not a PMC, not a passive group as per the description of a Mafia on google (Found in the screenshots).

How does this count as FailRP? The government would never, ever, work WITH a criminal organisation and has been against the rules for a very long time. The 'average' player would not be allowed to do this and so I do not understand as to why all of a sudden two Super Administrators are allowed.

Why does it matter? I'm only a citizen taking pictures, i get that. Mainly the fact that it is two super administrators allowing this, as well as another administrator (Captain Barry) - As well as this, they then proceeded to make KOS area's around the slums area.

Spoiler: Declaration of working with the President
[Image: sSpJNMw.jpg]

Spoiler: The President being Awestruck
[Image: QIr4JCK.jpg]

Spoiler: China Mafia and hours of endless killing
[Image: fsxZCRP.jpg]

Spoiler: Proof the Mafia ARE criminals
[Image: NXauY4T.jpg]

Spoiler: Divey becoming VP allowing said rulebreak to take place
[Image: bciOSkY.jpg]

Spoiler: Declaration of KOS
[Image: z3gjZdX.jpg]

Spoiler: KOS area
[Image: w71tpqj.jpg]

Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
Involved - Was a Police Officer for a good few hours before and after this happened.

So for around 3-4 hours prior to Awestruck becoming the President, the China Mafia were raiding the President's, killing cops, killing government members, and breaking the laws endlessly - all of this is fine as they are a criminal organisation, as proven by the name "mafia".

For a President to then allow them to be government workers, using the excuse that they had "legitimised their business" after hours of killing government members, is in my opinion a gross failRP breakage. You cannot legitimise a criminal organisation that murders and kills the government, and then decides to work with the government.

[Image: 6RZBkbV.png]

As you can see in the picture above, people have been punished for this.

Will provide screenshots if necessary.
(Witness)

I offered my perspective on this in-game, however, I will post them here as well.

For starters, I had been a witness to the server-wide chaos that had been a result of constant conflict between the government and the Chinese Mafia all which was resulting in constant killings on both sides and the fighting had taken over the entire city. Individuals running around with weapons, bullets flying past civilians, etcetera. I'd say that in the name of role-play it was certainly a smart decision for the government to take a step back and re-classify this organization and look for a way to ensure that the fighting would cease. 

Quote:6.13 Custom groups may work with the government, but do not necessarily have to follow government restrictions and rules. An admin can force a custom group to abide by the government rules, if it is necessary for proper roleplay.

According to the rules, custom groups are allowed to work alongside the government and they do not have to follow the rules set for government agencies. 

I see this as a rule that would allow this re-classification to be allowed and for the mafia group to take on a different role in the city that would both enable them to conduct their business with the government taking a step back / look the other way all while not attempting to use force to remedy the situation and resulting in more casualties.

Additionally, in the context of this report, I fail to see any presence of a listed rule that would bring forth the need for further investigation - and in the context of the situation it seems that FailRP wasn't necessarily the case considering the President, before taking the role, was involved with the mafia and was placed into office after the predecessor was relieved of his duties.
(07-22-2018, 02:05 AM)Nevy Wrote: (Witness)

I offered my perspective on this in-game, however, I will post them here as well.

For starters, I had been a witness to the server-wide chaos that had been a result of constant conflict between the government and the Chinese Mafia all which was resulting in constant killings on both sides and the fighting had taken over the entire city. Individuals running around with weapons, bullets flying past civilians, etcetera. I'd say that in the name of role-play it was certainly a smart decision for the government to take a step back and re-classify this organization and look for a way to ensure that the fighting would cease. 

Quote:6.13 Custom groups may work with the government, but do not necessarily have to follow government restrictions and rules. An admin can force a custom group to abide by the government rules, if it is necessary for proper roleplay.

According to the rules, custom groups are allowed to work alongside the government and they do not have to follow the rules set for government agencies. 

I see this as a rule that would allow this re-classification to be allowed and for the mafia group to take on a different role in the city that would both enable them to conduct their business with the government taking a step back / look the other way all while not attempting to use forceto remedy the situation and resulting in more casualties.

I understand this regarding a custom group, however a Mafia is not custom what so ever. Just because it is not an 'official' job does not mean it cannot be classed as FailRP. Their name, which includes Mafia, is a criminal organisation and for a criminal organisation to work alongside the government that is a rule infringement of 2.6. As shown by Deer, examples of this being bannable have been shown.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Quote:Government affiliate groups

Custom jobs, groups or clans that are not using the official government jobs may team up with and work with the government. 

As you're not officially government, you can choose whether or not you follow the government rules. You should decide this based on what your custom job/group is. If you're a shady PMC, it's expected that you wouldn't follow the government's rules, and the consequences of this (raiding without warrants) would be dealt with IC; in fact, this is a great reason for others to raid the government, because they're working with potentially illegal forces. However, if you're RPing as the DEA, or a job/group that is supposed to be legal or similar, you should follow the government rules to the letter, and raid only with a search warrant. An admin can force you to abide by the government rules if he feels that you're not RPing properly (FailRP); his/her decision is final.

Looking at the Government Affiliate Groups you'll see something that mentions involvement of groups that may be conducting illegal activity within the government and it calls for this to be handled IC'ly.

This in itself should be enough to close this report.
(07-22-2018, 02:12 AM)Nevy Wrote:

Custom jobs, groups or clans that are not using the official government jobs may team up with and work with the government. 

As you're not officially government, you can choose whether or not you follow the government rules. You should decide this based on what your custom job/group is. If you're a shady PMC, it's expected that you wouldn't follow the government's rules, and the consequences of this (raiding without warrants) would be dealt with IC; in fact, this is a great reason for others to raid the government, because they're working with potentially illegal forces. However, if you're RPing as the DEA, or a job/group that is supposed to be legal or similar, you should follow the government rules to the letter, and raid only with a search warrant. An admin can force you to abide by the government rules if he feels that you're not RPing properly (FailRP); his/her decision is final.

Looking at the Government Affiliate Groups you'll see something that mentions involvement of groups that may be conducting illegal activity within the government and it calls for this to be handled IC'ly.

My point stands on FailRP. You cannot class a Mafia, let me remind you a Mafia, as a 'shady' PMC group. Neither go together. On top of this, for the government who do not want to work alongside the Mafia, they are stuck as they are not allowed to rise up against them. - Not everyone wants to join in AggRP through KOS zones and a trigger happy Mafia.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me

Just to add to my point of, you cannot compare a trigger happy Mafia to a PMC, let me refer you to some definitions.
The rule states about PMC groups; below you will find the definiton of a PMC; 'security' or 'military' contractors. A mafia is not a military nor a security group which is proven by the definition of a Mafia stating 'organized internal body of criminals'

Spoiler: PMC definition
[Image: 8B4jx6T.png]

Spoiler: Mafia Definition
[Image: NXauY4T.jpg]

Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
(07-22-2018, 02:15 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:

My point stands on FailRP. You cannot class a Mafia, let me remind you a Mafia, as a 'shady' PMC group. Neither go together. On top of this, for the government who do not want to work alongside the Mafia, they are stuck as they are not allowed to rise up against them. - Not everyone wants to join in AggRP through KOS zones and a trigger happy Mafia.

You're not reading the excerpt I provided.

It offers the scenario revolving around a Shady PMC as an example and is merely open for interpretation and obviously the involvement of other groups. Therefore it's pointless to quote what I provided saying that the two are very different because that's not what is important to get from that. Constantly posting google definitions isn't going to validate this report.

"As you're not officially government, you can choose whether or not you follow the government rules. You should decide this based on what your custom job/group is."

It's not out of this world for an organization that may be conducting illegal business to be involved with the government in some aspect. 

You're constantly mentioning the mafia and government working alongside each other and this is simply false. The Chinese Mafia wasn't out rolling around with the government doing traffic stops and enforcing the law around the city. It was purely a strategic partnership considering Awestruck's previous involvement with them.

If a government member had felt sour about the decision and being stuck as you described - they can simply resign from their post.
(07-22-2018, 02:25 AM)Nevy Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 02:15 AM)BasicallyMental Wrote:

You're not reading the excerpt I provided.

It offers the scenario revolving around a Shady PMC as an example and is merely open for interpretation and obviously the involvement of other groups. Therefore it's pointless to quote what I provided saying that the two are very different because that's not what is important to get from that. Constantly posting google definitions isn't going to validate this report.

"As you're not officially government, you can choose whether or not you follow the government rules. You should decide this based on what your custom job/group is."

It's not out of this world for an organization that may be conducting illegal business to be involved with the government in some aspect. 

You're constantly mentioning the mafia and government working alongside each other and this is simply false. The Chinese Mafia wasn't out rolling around with the government doing traffic stops and enforcing the law around the city. It was purely a strategic partnership considering Awestruck's previous involvement with them.

If a government member had felt sour about the decision and being stuck as you described - they can simply resign from their post.

This is the issue I have here. The FailRP rule states "Do not do unrealistic things out of context". If you can give an actual context to a government working with a mafia, please do so. Nor is a mafia working with the government realistic.
And yes, they were working with the government. The FBI roleplay do not go out and do traffic stops or owt, however they are still working with the government.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
What concerns me about this report the most is that you, without much involvement in the actual context of the situation, decided to post a report on these staff members because of FailRP. You yourself are throwing out accusations that it is "out of context" while yourself not actually having a true understanding of the context considering you were neither involved with the government, the mafia nor were a victim of any conflicts that they had.

FailRP in itself is something that can be decided upon at the discretion of staff members, unfortunately not yourself, and to go and go up against the two super-administrators directly despite it being something that was given the go-ahead in-game is, at least in my eyes, a grab for attention.

You had zero context and your only evidence was screen captures of the scoreboard, which shows player information not just from one server session but for the entire day, along with providing generic definitions of the words Mafia and this constant accusation that the accused staff member(s) were negligent in allowing this to take place.

I simply think there's an insufficient amount of evidence to support this narrative. It's merely a protection agreement that allowed the mafia to assist in the protection of the President and was backed up by his previous involvement with the mafia before he took on his role as President. 

That's simply my input. Goodluck with the report, bud.