About all the "hacking" on the server
Exclamation 
Hello, i'm Nikelin, i'm almost new to the server, and i wanted to give you this info:

I'm just telling you DT ain't a group like Anonymous, or shit, not even a group.

Let's start from the start, what is DDoS?

A denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer or network resource unavailable to its intended users.

DDoS is not a hack, DDoS is what the hack is intended to do, denying the service to us, the users.

Well, now we know what DDoS is, but, what is the real hack?

Im not saying any names because like as i backtraced all this info from single comments on the famous twitter... (funny, huh?) it wouldn't be great if it fell in the right hands... (Or in the words u like to hear, people with money.) Why money, you say? Later.

Did you hear about any BlethHack or ComplicatedxHack? No? They're hacks, or hacking websites, that make paid hacks for the script ... not even script, kids with money, to use. By buying one of these hacks, the normal things we see everyday like Speedhack, Aimbot... they become eligible to buy RelFull, the real hacking program. By running it on a dedicated server they can direct those corrupt packets that go by a handling proxy, then get redirected through a compromised machine... in most cases, GMod servers, ironic, isn't it? To the real victim, in our case, the server. Now it's the time we think... ¿Why don't they just ban those IPs? It would be easy if it was 1 connection or 2, but in the case of hundreds of thousands of them, it gets way harder to handle by the server or the firewall.

RelFull was designed for the connections to be untraceable, weird isn't it? Seems not, as nobody got sued yet.

So, am i telling you it's just a god damn program possibly auto-installed run by a kid with money? Yes, i am, that's why im not distributing any information about it.

Look at this e-mail from a networking company a victim received:

Quote:Since your server has been online with us it has constantly received 5-10Gbps DDoS attacks towards the various IPs assigned to your server. We have been filtering these attacks as necessary and blackholing IPs when the attack exceeds 3Gbps. As the attacker(s) have not been able to take your website offline during these attacks they began attacking our network infrastructure.

Due to the size, frequency, and malicious nature of these attacks we have unfortunately decided to discontinue service on your account. We will allow the server to remain online until the end of the billing period to allow you to move your data.

We ask that you provide us with the protocol (FTP, SSH, SFTP, RSYNC, etc) you need to migrate your data so that we can specifically allow it. HTTP/S will be disabled until the cancel date.

Additionally we have been made aware that the individual attacking you has been reading updates about your situation on message boards or chat rooms presumably posted by you or someone on your account. We recommend keeping the ticket updates confidential to avoid provoking further attacks during the migration because further attacks may force us to take the server completely offline prior to the cancel date.

In order to assist you with finding a provider who can meet the specialized DDoS protection needs your service requires, we want to offer some additional detail about the attack patterns we have been seeing.

The DDoS attacks typically range from 5-15Gbps along with several 1-3Gbps. Generally multiple IPs--up to 5 or 10-- are attacked simultaneously. The attacks almost exclusively consist of reflective UDP floods bounced off exploited DNS or Quake/Source engine servers. The attacks are not difficult to filter, however due to the consistent size and malicious targeting of network infrastructure they can be challenging to handle.

Just think about it...

NOTE: All names are modified to be untraceable... or... almost.
Shit that's not good. I know that many people must be trying to counter this threat, but is there anything that us, the Fearless community can do to help solve this crippling issue?

I live in Perth, Western Australia so any issue with the server connection is amplified for me due to the distance between me and the server location. So this issue is rather close at heart due to it being something i have to battle every time I'm on the server
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."
- Laurence Binyon, The Fallen

[Image: logo.gif]
(01-15-2012, 02:34 AM)ImperialSheep Wrote: Shit that's not good. I know that many people must be trying to counter this threat, but is there anything that us, the Fearless community can do to help solve this crippling issue?

I live in Perth, Western Australia so any issue with the server connection is amplified for me due to the distance between me and the server location. So this issue is rather close at heart due to it being something i have to battle every time I'm on the server
I know that feeling brah. I live on Argentina.

And, no, there is nothing we can do... but donating always helps, i think.
DDos is a old but powerful method that mostly minor kiddy groups use to attempt to throw their weight around, now don't get me wrong some major groups still use it.

there are steps being taken by soulripper to help fend of the ddos attacks, just give it some time.

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
(01-15-2012, 02:42 AM)nadrick Wrote: DDos is a old but powerful method that mostly minor kiddy groups use to attempt to throw their weight around, now don't get me wrong some major groups still use it.

there are steps being taken by soulripper to help fend of the ddos attacks, just give it some time.

I ever say, hijacking is better than bruteforcing... haha.

According to the twitter it only took 160 mb. of bandwidth to take out the server... and it says they totally stopped on it, now the problem. Why is the server still getting down?

Fun fact: Kid detected, in his twitter he says he took 3 tf2 hats for stopping the attacking to a server... LOL
Just curious here...

Are you experienced with DDoS'ing yourself or? Since you know so much about it. And it's only because I'm curious, of course.
(01-15-2012, 10:44 AM)StillAlive Wrote: Just curious here...

Are you experienced with DDoS'ing yourself or? Since you know so much about it. And it's only because I'm curious, of course.

DDoS'ing by myself? No, i'm not stupid enough to download those programs full of trojans used to manipulate ur computer like a puppet, or to give a dedicated server such an stupid use, instead of making my own GMod RP server (lol).

Maybe hacking in other ways, keylogging, phishing, injecting trojans on files, but NEVER DDoSed.

Im just a C++ programmer, amateur into THE BIG WORLD OF HACKING, bleh.

And, no, i'm just a curious guy like you that started to investigoogle about the mentions on the DT's twitter.
(01-15-2012, 12:43 PM)Nikelin Wrote: Maybe hacking in other ways, keylogging, phishing, injecting trojans on files, but NEVER DDoSed.

Uhm... Isn't it much worse to key log and phish? It's quite illegal, haha.
(01-15-2012, 12:55 PM)StillAlive Wrote:
(01-15-2012, 12:43 PM)Nikelin Wrote: Maybe hacking in other ways, keylogging, phishing, injecting trojans on files, but NEVER DDoSed.

Uhm... Isn't it much worse to key log and phish? It's quite illegal, haha.

Not for good reasons.

Reasons: Hacking illegal private servers/websites of them (Habbo, some people get sued 20.000 for doing the servers.), and hacking script kiddy thingys like ***'s twitter... but meh, im retired from dat shit, i wanna play RP but... ITS FUCKING OFFLINE.

[Image: mJuwi.jpg]
u sound like me nikelin, use to do emulators and c++, now i clean and do indie games Smile

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.