Opinions on the latest announcement!
The recent rule update, '8.9 Contraband may only be stolen from other people, purchasing or acquiring it by any other means is strictly prohibited.', was implemented. In discord there was a massive debate so I thought it would be sensible to make a disccusion!

What are your opinions? (I'll add mine later!).

You can check out the thread here:
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid770235
Don't care.
Couldn't I just let someone specific steal my contra which makes the rule pointless? How would a staff member be able to know if it was acquired compared to it being stolen?
What If I am basing with a friend when hes "not looking" I just put his contra with mine. Does that count as stealing?
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 2 users Like Envy's post:
  • Kippsee, James
(07-18-2018, 04:18 PM)kippsee Wrote: Couldn't I just let someone specific steal my contra which makes the rule pointless? How would a staff member be able to know if it was acquired compared to it being stolen?

The only downside I can think of is the other party not receiving money and thus not everyone would be willing to give their contraband away for free. All transactions between players are logged.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Kippsee
"Well basically my mate gave me a loan to buy some guns then five mins later I gave him my contra cause I got bored of farming." - The go-to excuse from now on.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • Kippsee
(07-18-2018, 04:32 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 04:18 PM)kippsee Wrote: Couldn't I just let someone specific steal my contra which makes the rule pointless? How would a staff member be able to know if it was acquired compared to it being stolen?

The only downside I can think of is the other party not receiving money and thus not everyone would be willing to give their contraband away for free. All transactions between players are logged.

Yeah I guess but then they can give them money in a couple of hours time or the next day and it can't be proved that they were paying for the contra
Loop-holing the rule may see you banned.

This is only a temporary solution until the contrabasing is nerfed.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 5 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Kippsee, Pollux, Narcotic, Wolven, Avgar
(07-18-2018, 04:54 PM)Awestruck Wrote: Loop-holing the rule may see you banned.

This is only a temporary solution until the contrabasing is nerfed.

I take issue with the whole idea of "loop-holing" personally, the rule is too broad. I remember you banning me for "loop-holing" cause in a sit about me abusing the move body tool you told me that I was "bodyslamming" injured people and I said "well technically I waved him in the air repeatedly and he died" then insta-banned and told I was loop-holing so I think that whole rule needs to be better clarified.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • juicyorange
I dont really mind to be honest, if its needed, its needed. What is the staffteams concern for the economy though? Are specific groups/people too rich too fast?
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Yonno