Passive RPers where you at?
(07-12-2018, 01:23 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 12:01 PM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote: Simple answer, being in raids, shooting people and etc gives a better and more memorable experience. You can't do it in real life, however what you can do in real life is the things you do in passive, with the bonus of getting paid for your time spent.
Right so anyone can own a huge company, but no one can shoot someone with a gun, cool

V2D is aids for passiveRP, and  the raidbaiters doesnt contribute much to making V2D a good experience

You think yourself some Social Justice Warrior when in reality you're the biggest hypocrite on FL.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • don
This may come to a surprise to some of you. But people actually enjoy passiverp and do it for fun, not for points.

AggressiveRP for me personally is boring for the most part, standing around waiting for your contraband to produce money is pointless for me as I don't ever spend any money in game anyway and finding aggressiverp that has an actual story rather than just a military grade base popped up in a slums hallway is hard to come by. Although I see it being enjoyable for some people, I personally would rather play more competitive games in order to get my fun share of shooter games.
Clans can be fun, however from dipping my toes in I can say I will likely never go back, because of how seriously people treat it in out of character. Like an enemy clans post and all of a sudden the opposition think you're on their side and you hate them as a person.

The game is a roleplay server and I personally come on here nowadays to either do @ calls or rp and even the latter I have very little time for. I wouldn't have joined a roleplay server in the first place if I knew I was signing up for standing around for 20 minutes until the next wave of enemies literally walk through a hallway to their death.

From what I can tell the majority of people who do aggressiverp are not here for roleplay at all, but simply because they love the community and want to continue playing to be apart of it. A lot of people seemingly want to be famous for their skills at a weapon and I'm just not one of those people and I think a lot of people can say the same.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 10 users Like Divey's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Jessixa, Yonno, Grunt, Joe Joe, Santaliz, juicyorange, Ratatoskrr, Greed^, Viljo
(07-12-2018, 02:25 PM)Divey Wrote: This may come to a surprise to some of you. But people actually enjoy passiverp and do it for fun, not for points.

AggressiveRP for me personally is boring for the most part, standing around waiting for your contraband to produce money is pointless for me as I don't ever spend any money in game anyway and finding aggressiverp that has an actual story rather than just a military grade base popped up in a slums hallway is hard to come by. Although I see it being enjoyable for some people, I personally would rather play more competitive games in order to get my fun share of shooter games.
Clans can be fun, however from dipping my toes in I can say I will likely never go back, because of how seriously people treat it in out of character. Like an enemy clans post and all of a sudden the opposition think you're on their side and you hate them as a person.

The game is a roleplay server and I personally come on here nowadays to either do @ calls or rp and even the latter I have very little time for. I wouldn't have joined a roleplay server in the first place if I knew I was signing up for standing around for 20 minutes until the next wave of enemies literally walk through a hallway to their death.

From what I can tell the majority of people who do aggressiverp are not here for roleplay at all, but simply because they love the community and want to continue playing to be apart of it. A lot of people seemingly want to be famous for their skills at a weapon and I'm just not one of those people and I think a lot of people can say the same.

You are completely right, passive can be fun as aggressive is to some. However there will always be a difference between a staff doing a RP and a community members. Most staff don't care about points, they will spend a lot of time making a dupe, the RP very enjoyable and a lot of players will tune in, some for points, some to have a fun time, but that is what happens all the time. When ever a staff organise a RP, a ton of players join, when it's from some random kid, sometimes almost no one joins. It's always going to be a different experience of a staff organised role play and an user one. There are exceptions of course.

It always comes down to personal preferences. Some come here to do passive, some come here to shoot. However as what i stated above. Most are going to have a more memorable experience in aggressive than in passive. People who do aggressive, do from time to time passive, however passive players almost never do aggressive. It's their choice, however what would make the average passive roleplayer stay in this server, when they can go on the next one and do the exact same thing. If the community is welcoming why not stay there. The same can't really be said for aggressive. The play style is unique, and at least for me that is what makes me play here, and not somewhere else. And i believe this could be said for most, as people have came back here for the unique playstyle which can't be found anywhere else. So the aggressive players are more loyal to the server than most passive ones. More should be focused on helping that part of the community, rather than going against it.

V5P was going more towards a passive map, mainly duo to the lag. Pines was mainly a passive map. Most who voted for pines didn't care about us. However we stayed in pines. Now when v2d came, where are the people who voted for it.
The following 1 user Likes Foxirius2205's post:
  • Jessixa
The reason i dont do as much aggressive RP is something that can be witnissed in this thread as well. Generally aggressive RP comes with really sour losers but even much sourer winners. I have rarely seen people say 'hey that was a fun shootout' (in a non sarcastic manner) after a raid. Instead people always whine about doomforts, being outnumbered or cops random raiding.

People who won a raid, almost per rule, brag about the amount of kills, how chanceless the losers were and how much their huge dick must be. This has to change for me, instead of bragging about your amount of kills try showing the newer players how they should have raided/defended instead. I like Ghostk1illers thread a lot which aims to help (newer, but also older) players with aggressiveRP in a friendly manner and i would love to see more of this on the server. I strongly believe that will increase postive minded aggroRP.
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Greed^, juicyorange, SpaghettiFTW
It isnt the teams problem passive is dead. It is all of the people who don't want to, if you dont want to passiverp then arent you partly to blame? The people who pop up a shop for 5 mins and dont get immediate attention just leave or get an rpp then giddy off after their past teacher/staff friend give them a point. People RP for points not for fun anymore. If you say you dont RP for points you're just lying to yourself.

-Removed by Steven8ken
(07-12-2018, 08:56 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote: It isnt the teams problem passive is dead. It is all of the people who don't want to, if you dont want to passiverp then arent you partly to blame? The people who pop up a shop for 5 mins and dont get immediate attention just leave or get an rpp then giddy off after their past teacher/staff friend give them a point. People RP for points not for fun anymore. If you say you dont RP for points you're just lying to yourself.

My dude i have 2 RPpoints in over 600 hours. I stopped telling myself that a long time ago. If i'd RP for points i would have quitted ages ago. I feel like the opposite, people value the points less and less. (Which isnt bad imo)
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • juicyorange
The main reason I believe for the reason Passive RP has dropped is the map.

Passive roleplayers looked forward to Pines, but after what happened, a lot have lost interest in Fearless due to V2D not offering the same quality as V5P and Pines, which is really sad, I really miss V5P.
The following 1 user Likes Kevin's post:
  • Dragnort_
(07-12-2018, 09:30 PM)Ramos Wrote: The main reason I believe for the reason Passive RP has dropped is the map.

Passive roleplayers looked forward to Pines, but after what happened, a lot have lost interest in Fearless due to V2D not offering the same quality as V5P and Pines, which is really sad, I really miss V5P.

Imo, v4b1 offers a healthy balance between both Agg and Pas RP
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(07-12-2018, 01:55 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:41 PM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 01:04 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: passiverp is dead cause the dev team have lost interest in working on it. all we see if shit to help generally gameplay or aggressiverp, no passive.
also, no one participates in it so it's pointless and a moneyloss only thing for the people who do it and we only have so much money. we make just about no money from it because the server prices don't represent real life and if someone comes to a passiverp instead of being willing to pay the server relevant prices they pay real life prices which means we don't gain anything out of it.

basically, 80% of things are aggressiverp driven these days
^ two examples for this:
checkpointrp - i try to rp things properly, taking id's, checking license plates etc and the first thing i get is people ramming the checkpoint, shootouts, and myself being hostaged.
redemption caferp - first time i did, i was taken hostage and shot. second time i did it was rdm'd, and someone ran in attacking people with baseball bats, destroying my shop on "orders"

The dev team hasn't lost interest in it as most of the staff do passive most of the time and dont like aggressive. 
If you are role playing as restaurante or bar waiter, what most passive RPs are, of course you aren't going to get anything from it, except a RPP and it's not going to be that fun.

What is the difference between v2d and v5p which was mainly passive?

it's hard to believe they haven't lost interest in it when they don't bother with it :/
i don't only roleplay caferp's, it was an example of one rp i have done where aggressiverp has taken over. the type of passiverp i do is dependant on what i get out of it and i know that hence me not complaining about that when giving my examples.
There is no difference between the map in terms of passive, because there is equal opportunity to create a passiverp. Not all passiverp's have to be done in a map building, nothing stopping you from making one yourself for something such as a familyrp

My AggresiveRP overhaul was litterally the only update AggRP had recieved for years, I saw it as a neglected field and went to sort that out. PassiveRP will get it's overhaul too in due time but things like this take time. Just because the last update was directed for Aggressive doesn't mean we don't care about passive.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Yet looking at the map purely statistics wise, it seems to be full 75/75 every night, so it clearly is very popular and doing the job right now.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • god