Changing perception on banning people
Before I continue, this is not disrespecting the admin team in any way shape or form. I think the admin team is currently is at its best right now than it ever has. However, that doesn't mean there is not room for improvement.

One thing, that needs to be brought up is banning for the sake of banning.

Some bans for example:

Using anti-afk scripts  -  6 month ban (3rd ban) [Currently live]).
Power gaming - 6 month ban (11th ban) [currently live[).

This is to name some, i'd love to go through more however there is nolonger a ban page thing anymore.

What I think should be looked into is:

- Is the intention malicious? If the intention of them being on the server is simply going around prop killing, mass CDM. Yes, ban them for 6 months, they are quite clearly here to ruin other peoples experience. However, in some cases its a simple fuck up where someone interprets a rule one way than an admin or simply fucks up. There is 170~ rules of which apply in one form or another. For some people this isn't easy to remember all the time.

I really think consideration should be taken into banning those who have large hours on the server and are active. By general math, if you play the server more you're more exposed to getting banned. And this increases dramatically when you're involved in AggressiveRP. For some people who are on 11-14 bans if they receive a ban for FearRP are looking at a 6 month ban. Now im not saying that if you're active and have loads of bans you require immunity however if their intentions were malicious then they would be banned.

I do agree they should be 'punished' as in 2 day ban, or to the person they did it to compensation of 30k or the loadout they cost the person etc however a 6 month ban is just over the top.

In some cases you're giving someone who legitimately messed up a longer ban than someone whos come on and mass prop killed and only gets a 1 month ban. 

Also, one that really annoys me is people who are getting 5-6 month bans for 'bypassing anti-afk timer'. Its not malicious, just kick them. They're enjoy playing the server to the point where they don't want to leave and you're banning them from the server because they're bypassing something to kick them? Just kick the person, don't ban them.

Once again, this isn't a stab at the admin team as they're doing well but I really think we should start looking at the future of FL and start considering how its going to survive. If you keep banning loyal members when they mess up they'll be loyal no longer.

Ban those who deserve it, not those who don't.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Haarek
The way I see it, if they break the rules then they deserve whatever punishment they are given. Regardless of how harsh that punishment may be. You agree to the fact that you have read and understood the rules when playing on the server, if you get caught lacking then it's on you and no one else.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the current "perception" of bans.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(07-12-2018, 10:12 AM)equal Wrote: The way I see it, if they break the rules then they deserve whatever punishment they are given. Regardless of how harsh that punishment may be. You agree to the fact that you have read and understood the rules when playing on the server, if you get caught lacking then it's on you and no one else.

So you agree that someone who has 2k hours fucks up once and receives a ban for 6 months for FearRP is fair compared to someone who comes on with the intention of ruining everyones day and prop kills everyone and only received a 1-3 month ban?
(07-12-2018, 10:16 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 10:12 AM)equal Wrote: The way I see it, if they break the rules then they deserve whatever punishment they are given. Regardless of how harsh that punishment may be. You agree to the fact that you have read and understood the rules when playing on the server, if you get caught lacking then it's on you and no one else.

So you agree that someone who has 2k hours fucks up once and receives a ban for 6 months for FearRP is fair compared to someone who comes on with the intention of ruining everyones day and prop kills everyone and only received a 1-3 month ban?

I doubt that someone with 2000 hours got a 6 month ban for his first offence, obviously taking the ban out of context will make it appear much more severe and unfair than if you know the backstory and previous bans connected to the same user. It doesn't matter how many hours you have, the rules remain the same. 

However, I do agree that people who are beyond a reasonable doubt just here to propkill and mass RDM should be instantly permanently banned. You need to realize that not all situations are the same, rulebreaks should be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
aggressive role players only get banned because they are stubborn and stuck up, and ignore the rules.
(07-12-2018, 10:48 AM)equal Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 10:16 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

I doubt that someone with 2000 hours got a 6 month ban for his first offence, obviously taking the ban out of context will make it appear much more severe and unfair than if you know the backstory and previous bans connected to the same user. It doesn't matter how many hours you have, the rules remain the same. 

However, I do agree that people who are beyond a reasonable doubt just here to propkill and mass RDM should be instantly permanently banned. You need to realize that not all situations are the same, rulebreaks should be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

I completely agree that its case-by-case. However, I have seen many people banned for reasons which were minor but because when they joined FL and didn't know the rules acquired a lot of bans early on of which now means any ban they get even for the most minor of things leads to 5-6 month bans
(07-12-2018, 10:58 AM)juicyorange Wrote: aggressive role players only get banned because they are stubborn and stuck up, and ignore the rules.

i disagree with this, massively.
most aggressiverp people get banned because of a small slip-up, which is understandable considering the stupidly high number of rules controlling aggressiverp. if you go through most bans from people who aggressiverp you will find they are actually minor in the bigger picture. It is hard to remember every rule surrounding a situation when everything is so tense, with bullets flying everywhere and you concentrating on killing and having fun rather than not breaking a rule

OT:
If someone has 11 bans, I agree with the extended bans. Someone who has that many bans clearly has not learnt and so deserve the severe punishment. However, saying this, if their bans were from 3 years ago when they were immature and young it should reduce the ban length dramatically as that is 3 years they have had learning their lesson, proving themselves on the server.
I disagree with giving people a second chance through 30 day bans for things like prop spamming or prop killing, mass rdm/cdm etc. because it is guarenteed most of them people are going to come back after that time knowning they can prop spam and ruin a lot of people's time on the server, only to get a similar punishment/third chance. If they're here to ruin the RP for everyone they shouldn't be allowed a second chance, and if they feel as though they are going to change then the Unban Request format is a good place to start
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  •
(07-12-2018, 10:58 AM)juicyorange Wrote: aggressive role players only get banned because they are stubborn and stuck up, and ignore the rules.

What a way to target about 50% of FL’s playerbase based on absolutely nothing, such a stupid thing to say.
The following 3 users Like Jan's post:
  • Archer, don, Lewwings
i mean divey is pretty chill when it comes to mistakes usually, i'd say. he's given me 2 warnings due to some slip ups, one which i probably deserved a ban instead
but im not sure about the rest of the staff team so cant really say anything about that
(07-13-2018, 07:27 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: i mean divey is pretty chill when it comes to mistakes usually, i'd say. he's given me 2 warnings due to some slip ups, one which i probably deserved a ban instead
but im not sure about the rest of the staff team so cant really say anything about that

If my warns are anything to go off on the forums I'd say they're not the most tolerant.