/restorecontra
Thumbs Up 
Title: A contraband refund system for if the server crashes.

Description: It would almost be a clone of the restoreprops system which we already have. It would periodically save data about what contraband each player has, so that if the server crashes you may retrieve your contraband when you rejoin.

It would work as follows:
- Every 1 minute or so (just like restore props), the system would automatically save values for the number of money printersdrug labs & maybe weed pots you own.*
- You may also manually trigger this save with the /savecontra command.
- After a server crash, you rejoin and type /restorecontra and it uses the previously saved data to give you back your lost contraband. Instead of the contra re-appearing in the world where it was previously (since this could cause issues if you no longer own the building or whatever), it would appear in your inventory under the "Contraband" section.**

Additional ideas/commentsPlease discuss these points in your replies.
* - This could either save only your own contra (max=2 printers,5 labs) or it could include all stolen contra as well (unlimited). 
** -  To prevent people hoarding contraband in their inventory, a 30 minute timer could be implemented in which you must place your contraband down again else it will be wiped out of your inventory.

Why: People hate losing contraband to server crashes, and the admins always get asked to refund it to people, but we can't because there's not proof of what you had.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 5 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Wolven, Panda, Peter Plasman, Flame.., god
+Support
Wolven

Since when do people refund contraband on server crashes? I thought that only happened with manual restarts.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(07-09-2018, 08:42 PM)Yonno Wrote: Since when do people refund contraband on server crashes? I thought that only happened with manual restarts.

We don't. That's why I made this suggestion. We can't ever prove what people had. My phrasing in that last sentence is a bit off, sorry.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(07-09-2018, 08:44 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 08:42 PM)Yonno Wrote: Since when do people refund contraband on server crashes? I thought that only happened with manual restarts.

We don't. That's why I made this suggestion. We can't ever prove what people had. My phrasing in that last sentence is a bit off, sorry.

Gotcha. As long as it's not exploitable then I'm down, it just sounds like it can potentially be easily exploited, not sure how or anything, though. I also think people should only be allowed their own contraband.

+support nonetheless
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
+Support
+Support
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
+support
+support
+suppooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooort
Kind regards,