"Lying in the courthouse"
alright so ive seen a few people in player reports and unban requests who use what i call the "lying in the courthouse" card, where they go on to say that the reporter or the person posting or replying to an unban request is "lying" because they claim something different than the person accusing them of lying. its really annoying to see people being reported and instead of them defending themselves they claim that the person posting the report is lying because they are accusing them of something which they dont think is rulebreakage. can people stop doing this please? im sure you know who you are

what do you think? discuss
The following 2 users Like sebasti161's post:
  • Baskingner, Emil
I think, therefore I am
The following 4 users Like Foxirius2205's post:
  • sebasti161, jfd13, Spartan_KCT, mark2766
It's always easier to either say "Hurh Durr, your evidence is insufficient" and "You are lying in the courthouse" instead of growing a pair and owning up to your mistakes.

I doubt those who do this will change their behavior because you told them to.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • Agorith, sebasti161
It's pethetic that people use this excuse because they cannot defend themselves properly, bringing an actual argument to the table.
If someone is actually lying, bring some evidence to prove this shit. It's so annoying reading these replies "You're just lying in the courthouse which is against the rules" - answer my PR pliz, not inform me on the rules thanks
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • sebasti161
People should know the difference between telling something that isnt true (mistake, wrong assumption etc) and lying (actively spreading false information while you know its false information). The latter should be punished heavily while the first should only be a slap on the wrist in most cases.

'Tampering with evidence' is something different then removing sound or cutting a part out. Tampering with evidence is actively editing the video in such a way that an innocent person looks guilty or a guilty person looks far more guilty (or the other way around ofcourse).

Imo there should be a rule that only administrators/moderators may bring up tampering with evidence/lying in the courthouse accusations. Doing such an accusation which turned out to be wrong can be punishable if you ask me.
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • BasicallyMental, Tomo, sebasti161
(07-08-2018, 05:56 PM)Baskingner Wrote: People should know the difference between telling something that isnt true (mistake, wrong assumption etc) and lying (actively spreading false information while you know its false information). The latter should be punished heavily while the first should only be a slap on the wrist in most cases.

'Tampering with evidence' is something different then removing sound or cutting a part out. Tampering with evidence is actively editing the video in such a way that an innocent person looks guilty or a guilty person looks far more guilty (or the other way around ofcourse).

Imo there should be a rule that only administrators/moderators may bring up tampering with evidence/lying in the courthouse accusations. Doing such an accusation which turned out to be wrong can be punishable if you ask me.

Sadly a lot of people don't know the actual meaning of 'Tampering with evidence'.

Too many accusations in regards to this..

[Image: uickTS0.png] +Rep
sebasti we all know that never happened, stop lying. remember, lying in discussions is not allowed and can get you banned.
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • James
Completely agree with Baskinger. On top of "lying in the courthouse" I have noticed a similar situation with "tampering with evidence" too, as well as "targeting" people.

It's constantly "ooo can i get him here for lying" or "erm excuse me did you know it's against the rules to tamper with evidence". How about you just focus on your report and we'll decide if somebody is actually breaking one of these courthouse rules or not.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • sebasti161
do u mean Nasos lol
(07-08-2018, 06:55 PM)juicyorange Wrote: do u mean Nasos lol

for one