Undercover Cop
Lightbulb 
So if im an Undercover Cop may i put my jobtitle to "Citizen"?
Some mods say nothing to that and let me play and other means i need to change it.
So i just wanted to know if i now may use jobtitle "Citizen" or not.

Reasons:
In that time i played as Citizen is more RP those guys doing.
I played with jobtitle "Undercover Officer" and they took me as hostage directly without any rp.

Ty guys
I think this should be more under Help & Support section as it doesn't seem like a suggestion more of a question.
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
Moved to help and support.

Not a suggestion.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Your job is used to describe what type of roleplay you are intending to play as. For example if I am a car sales man, my job would be something like "Walters' Used Cars - Salesman". When you look at a player you can see their job title, it is classed as metagaming to use that. So if you are an undercover cop, wearing a suit with the job title Undercover Cop. They have to rolepaly the information out of you. They can do this by asking for ID or asking you what you do. Then you can roleplay onwards. Either make out that you are just a normal citizen or tell them that you are indeed an undercover police officer.

The problem with leaving your job as Citizen is that you are unable to raid as a citizen and players may report you.

Does this help?
(06-22-2018, 05:31 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote: Your job is used to describe what type of roleplay you are intending to play as. For example if I am a car sales man, my job would be something like "Walters' Used Cars - Salesman". When you look at a player you can see their job title, it is classed as metagaming to use that. So if you are an undercover cop, wearing a suit with the job title Undercover Cop. They have to rolepaly the information out of you. They can do this by asking for ID or asking you what you do. Then you can roleplay onwards. Either make out that you are just a normal citizen or tell them that you are indeed an undercover police officer.

The problem with leaving your job as Citizen is that you are unable to raid as a citizen and players may report you.

Does this help?

Yeah i know right but still there are a lot of guys who has another reaction whit that jobtitle. so my opinion is that there are some metagamers crouching round da server. Until now i never Attacked or Defendet a raid while beeing undercover w/ jobtitle Citizen. And i rly dont want to make at least every hour and @ cuz someone metagames...
CorieTheNub so if i would play as jobtitle "Citizen" and dont act in raid like shooting but to get information would it then be ok ?
(06-23-2018, 05:59 PM)TheD4rkKiller Wrote: CorieTheNub so if i would play as jobtitle "Citizen" and dont act in raid like shooting but to get information would it then be ok ?

If I’m honest I’m not too sure.
Ok would be quiet interesting to know :-)

Pollux
Hello TheD4rkKiller!

I believe that when you perform the role of an undercover officer, you have to specify in your job title that you are 'Undercover'. This is to avoid breaking the rule 2.8;
Quote:2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay something that isn't human), specific and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as 'criminal' or 'classified' for example).

This means that you cannot have the job title 'Citizen' as a police officer, despite the situation you are in. You may argue that if you are only asking questions, then it should be fine, however, if you are only asking questions, then there shouldn't really be a reason for you to be undercover to begin with. The undercover role was made with the intention to be used in a sting operation, or a situation in which you are getting information out of a criminal gang. However, with the job title 'Citizen', you shouldn't really be interacting with these people in the first place. You could however have your job title as 'Undercover Thug' or similar titles in order to interact and ask questions, whilst remaining to bare the police issue weapons that you hold. Please note that this topic is not 100% accurate, and some staff members' opinions may differ on the matter. Be sure to ask the member of staff on the server before you decide to roleplay with the title of 'Citizen'. You can do this by using '/help <message>' to contact the teacher and/or staff team, who will be able to clear this up for you.

Hope I have somewhat cleared this up for you, have a great day! Cheese
The following 2 users Like Create's post:
  • Byra, Chumps
I also had this Idea recently because If you have a green Name and Suit then people think you are a Citizen but If you take a look at the Job Title then you see: Be Careful with this Guy even if Its OOC.