Unban Request
Your name: Dimitris

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:127839448

Your ban ID: 80315

Banned by: [FL:T] Captain Barry

Reason: BRA (87186) - Insufficient reason to kill, randomly shooting, random punching, 16th ban

Involved: Myself and Aryen.

Why we should unban you:

Good evening,

I’d like to begin this UBR stating that I believe I have infringed no rules whatsoever. In the PR which resulted in my ban, the ‘evidence’ simply proves I had a valid reason to kill Aryen. My affiliate David and I commanded him multiple times to look at the wall, and he failed to do so. He was armed and since he was not complying with my commands I had to take action IC and thus resulted in his death as I was fearing for my life. In no way did I break any rules, and I’m certain that any of you guys that does aggressive roleplay has done this without even having received a warning.

So why did I get punished? Because it’s an unjust ban from a valid kill.

The video proves that my affiliate told Aryen to face the wall twice. After both warnings, Aryen turned around which is when I said something along the lines of ‘If you talk you’ll be dead’. He then talked and thus, I killed him. I understand that you must think violence is the last option, but in fact, it was. If Aryen simply listened to us the first three times, he would not have died. It’s as simple as that. He was armed and when he didn’t listen to our commands whilst we had a gun pointed at him, my life was incomplete risk and decided to kill him. To say that I infringed the rules in any shape or form is ridiculous and all that the evidence proves is that Aryen was the only one who infringed a rule; not me whatsoever.

I’d also like to mention that said PR was quickly concluded by Captain Barry rather than a formal investigation taking place. Just minutes after I posted my defence, Barry decided to ignore my points and my request for a longer video to be posted and decided to approve the PR because Barry must have some form of a vendetta towards me. I feel targeted because of this situation and if it was looked in to without a biased and rushed view, I’m sure Barry would have realised I did not infringe any rules. Aryen edited the video in a way that only showed the point of view that would have most likely gotten me in trouble. When I requested for a longer video to be posted, Barry completely disregarded my request and decided to ban me instead, proving my point that he has a personal issue with me and would rather have me banned than to conclude the PR in a non-biased and professional manner as he should being someone that should be setting a correct example in the community.

Because of this said personal vendetta Barry has towards me, I would like to request that one of the Supervising Administrators takes over this situation as if Barry continues to it will simply result in another biased conclusion which has proved to happen before.

Thank you for reading this and taking my unban request into consideration. I wish you all the best and have a great night
Dimitris.
Hello Dimitris, I'll address your points in the order that you have given them.

The 'valid reason' you talk about to justify your kill is insufficient. As you can see in the video, you gave your order to keep quiet to Aryen barely milliseconds before he had finished what he was saying. You gave him next to no time to even read your orders, let alone comply with them. You immediately executed Aryen without thinking about the situation and giving him the opportunity to comply with your orders.
Your over-eagerness to kill is evident when you could have easily beaten him to punish him. Frankly I would even say your behaviour in that situation is parallel with a kill farmer, pushing onto someone until they give you the slightest reason to kill them.
You can also see that he was complying with your friend's orders as he was in the middle of turning back to the wall when you executed him.

The claim that you were afraid is also weak. You had both yours and your friends weapons pointed at Aryen and his associate, putting them under FearRP completely once they had been given orders to face the wall. The excuse that you were 'afraid' of him retaliating is a farce, as he would have been banned for breaking FearRP and you know that full well.
You were also inside a secluded space in the poor/slums area of the city where police rarely patrol, so claiming you were afraid of being caught is also a weak excuse.

I did in-fact spend more than two minutes on your report contrary to popular belief. I spent almost an hour of my time, checking logs for the incident, re-watching the video over and over again for any details, writing a reply and asking for an opinion from others about the report.
The only point I will give you is that it is my fault for not refreshing the page before posting my reply, as it took me so long to conclude the report because of my investigation I had not noticed you had replied. Even then, there was enough evidence in the original video to make a conclusion and a longer video was not necessary.

Claiming I also have a personal vendetta with you is conceited. Barely two hours before I concluded your PR, I was helping you fix your base and conform it to the rules. You even repeatedly argued with me with every change I said you had to make, but I kept my patience and didn't ban you for arguing with me did I? If I had a personal vendetta, I could have easily have banned you for arguing with me, but I didn't.
Using the excuse that I have a personal vendatta with you to draw away attention from the primary discussion points of this UBR is a low mans game.

Captain Barry
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
Good afternoon.

Quote:UBR Rule 6) Staff must either conclude or ask for further information within 10 days of the initial unban request post. If not - unban request is approved and ban removed from your record.

In the past ten days, and in the post Barry made, I have not been requested to provide/answer additional information/questions by any member of staff, nor has the UBR been concluded.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Dimitris.
Approved.

UBR Rule 6.

It looks like this UBR slipped past us. Think yourself very lucky. Please remember that you are still on last chance, despite your ban being removed. So be extra careful and re-read the rules before playing.

Regards,

Tomo
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]