PR on Grapefruit and Felton
Posting on behalf of Aspire.
Sorry for the long delay before this was posted i had school and a bunch of other stuff to take care of before this.

Thread Title: PR on Grapefruit and Felton

Name of players: Grapefruit and [FL:RP] Felton

SteamID:
[FL:RP] Felton: [color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]STEAM_0:1:73173254[/color]
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]Grapefruit: [color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]STEAM_0:1:222849592[/color][/color]

GMT: 15:30

Server: v5p

Summary: Grapefruit and his friend clearly metagamed in the following video that he himself posted when he did a PR. The video shows Felton giving information via steam message about the police entering the garage. Grapefruit then used this information to hurry up and make sure that the cops were not rushing. This did not allow the police to attack them by suprise and something i would consider unfair.

Evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhd40R-IPwU

Hello, Aspire.

I understand how you may believe that metagaming took place. The whole point of metagaming is to use OOC information IC. However, I did not do such a thing as not only did I already know that the police were coming down into the jails, but even if I did not, I chose to ignore the steam message. There is no way to my knowledge that you can disable steam chat overlay and therefore I cannot stop others to message me whenever they'd like. The video shows that I did not open steam nor continue a conversation to initiate metagaming.

I am in no control over what others decide to do.

I already was equipped with the knowledge that the police were coming down into jails.

No metagaming took place, in my eyes and the definition implies that I must not have known said information prior to an OOC message being sent.

Thank you and have a nice evening,
Grapefruit.

EDIT:
I have just seen the text you put in the video stating if I hadn't received the steam message I wouldn't have checked Jails Slope?

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever read and in no way did the steam message affect my IC decisions. I already knew where the police were located which can be seen in the video. If you don't regularly check your back in a Jails Raid then you deserve to be pushed and killed anyway.

You say that I didn't know that they were there and that the video changed what I did IC, however there's proof of my doing the exact same things after the steam message was sent as I did before.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
Also, after seeing my original footage, you cut your version in a way for the admins only to see what happened after the message was sent.

This is tampering with evidence and can lead to a lengthy forum ban. You have lied in the courthouse saying I metagamed which I did no such thing and only showed your side of the story to purposefully get me punished.

I shall put the full version here which proves that I was aware the police were coming to jails already.

This video proves I have infringed no rules, and that Aspire has tampered with the evidence with the intent to mislead, which is an infringement of Player Report Rule 5.

Spoiler :

By definition, metagaming can only take place when OOC information is used IC.

If I already knew said information IC, which the video proves, not only did I not metagame, but I also believe Felton didn't as he simply tried to initiate an OOC conversation over steam as we are good friends. However, I could not reply due to the unfortunate circumstances that took place IC which includes yourself breaking FearRP.

Good day,
Grapefruit.
Kind Regards,
(06-04-2018, 07:26 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Also, after seeing my original footage, you cut your version in a way for the admins only to see what happened after the message was sent.

This is tampering with evidence and can lead to a lengthy forum ban. You have lied in the courthouse saying I metagamed which I did no such thing and only showed your side of the story to purposefully get me punished.

I shall put the full version here which proves that I was aware the police were coming to jails already.

This video proves I have infringed no rules, and that Aspire has tampered with the evidence with the intent to mislead, which is an infringement of Player Report Rule 5.

Spoiler :

By definition, metagaming can only take place when OOC information is used IC.

If I already knew said information IC, which the video proves, not only did I not metagame, but I also believe Felton didn't as he simply tried to initiate an OOC conversation over steam as we are good friends. However, I could not reply due to the unfortunate circumstances that took place IC which includes yourself breaking FearRP.

Good day,
Grapefruit.

I was the person who cut the video and i would just like to say that it was cut to start from when the accused action happened,
tampering would be changing in a malicious way, I just wanted to save time when uploading. Also there is no denying that Felton metagamed.

By cutting out the most crucial part of the case, you have clearly tampered with evidence with the malicious attempt to only show one side of the story to purposefully get me banned. Denying this is simply lying in the courthouse, and you will be digging yourself a deep hole.

You have committed a serious courthouse rule infringement by cutting the only part of the evidence which is detrimental for my defense, and now you are attempting to lie about it. I'm going to let you act in a mature manner you should and apologize, and perhaps you may even get away with a more lenient punishment.

No metagaming took place, which the full evidence that I posted clearly proves since by definition, metagaming can only take place when OOC information is used IC.

To reiterate, if I already knew said information IC, which the video proves, not only did I not metagame, but I also believe Felton didn't as he simply tried to initiate an OOC conversation over steam as we are good friends. However, I could not reply due to the unfortunate circumstances that took place IC which includes yourself breaking FearRP.
Kind Regards,
(06-04-2018, 08:13 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: By cutting out the most crucial part of the case, you have clearly tampered with evidence with the malicious attempt to only show one side of the story to purposefully get me banned. Denying this is simply lying in the courthouse, and you will be digging yourself a deep hole.

You have committed a serious courthouse rule infringement by cutting the only part of the evidence which is detrimental for my defense, and now you are attempting to lie about it. I'm going to let you act in a mature manner you should and apologize, and perhaps you may even get away with a more lenient punishment.

No metagaming took place, which the full evidence that I posted clearly proves since by definition, metagaming can only take place when OOC information is used IC.

To reiterate, if I already knew said information IC, which the video proves, not only did I not metagame, but I also believe Felton didn't as he simply tried to initiate an OOC conversation over steam as we are good friends. However, I could not reply due to the unfortunate circumstances that took place IC which includes yourself breaking FearRP.

Posting on behalf of Aspire:
You are trying to change the topic of the report, you and your friend meta gamed, your friend has 0 defense, you can probably come up with some story, but Felton has no defense, he intentionally gave information through a third party communication to metagame. You keep saying it is tampered, how can I tamper maliciously if I don't know your defense, you said and I quote, " You have committed a serious courthouse rule infringement by cutting the only part of the evidence which is detrimental for my defense". Now stop changing the topic. Felton has no defense, you on the other hand better get making one.

Can you read? Listen here, this whole time I am defending myself.

I'd like you and everyone else reading this to re-read every point I have made in all of my replies in this PR.

The full video before you tampered with it simply proves that not only did Felton and I not break a single rule, however you did. And that's the simple truth.
Kind Regards,
A little conclusion as to what I've established as fact in this PR:

The whole point of metagaming is to use OOC information IC. However, I did not do such a thing as not only did I already know that the police were coming down into the jails, but even if I did not, I chose to ignore the steam message. There is no way to my knowledge that you can disable steam chat overlay and therefore I cannot stop others to message me whenever they'd like. The video shows that I did not open steam nor continue a conversation to initiate metagaming. I am in no control over what others decide to do.

I already was equipped with the knowledge that the police were coming down into jails and therefore no metagaming took place, in my eyes, and the definition implies that I must not have known said information prior to an OOC message being sent since by definition, metagaming can only take place when OOC information is used IC. If I already knew said information IC, which the video proves, not only did I not metagame, but I also believe Felton didn't as he simply tried to initiate an OOC conversation over steam as we are good friends. However, I could not reply due to the unfortunate circumstances that took place IC which includes yourself breaking FearRP.

By cutting out the most crucial part of the case, you have clearly tampered with evidence with the malicious attempt to only show one side of the story to purposefully get me banned. Denying this is simply lying in the courthouse, and you will be digging yourself a deep hole. By doing this, you have committed a serious courthouse rule infringement by cutting the only part of the evidence which is detrimental for my defense, and now you are attempting to lie about it. I'm going to let you act in a mature manner you should and apologize, and perhaps you may even get away with a more lenient punishment.

No metagaming took place, which the full evidence that I posted clearly proves since by definition, metagaming can only take place when OOC information is used IC.

The full video before you tampered with it simply proves that not only did Felton and I not break a single rule, however, you did. And that's the simple truth of this ridiculous matter. Here is a spoiler containing said non-tampered evidence:

Spoiler :

EDIT:
The untampered evidence simply proves that no metagaming took place and that I knew the entire time that the police were coming down into jails since I sent a request in regards to that way before any steam message was sent by Felton. All he was trying to do in my eyes was start a conversation OOC with no intent to bring anything IC since I knew everything.

The points I have made in this post are backed up by the untampered evidence. Everything I said is true, and that's it.

No one metagamed, and the only people to have broken a rule is KA34/Aspire by both lying here in the courthouse and then tampering with the evidence with the intent to mislead.
Kind Regards,
KA34, would you mind telling me as to why you removed the first 5 seconds or so of footage?
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
Please disregard my last comment, I made a mistake with the timing at that is my fault. Apologies.

Watching the video(s), grapefruit has not metagamed. This is because Grapefruit can be seen informing the police about a hostage in the jails in Grapefruit's original video so he would have expected the police to be coming IC already.
I would also request that you do not cut out sections of video in the future, as it contained evidence that showed Grapefruit to be innocent. This could be seen as malicious on your part as you have no doubt noticed. I appreciate this more convenient for yourself as it cuts your upload time, but it seems to have created more trouble than it saved.

Concerning Felton, his intent was clear. He intended to give an unfair advantage by using steam to communicate information, which is a clear violation of the metagaming rules.

Approved.

Thank you for your report.
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]