Make metal detectors not detect the weapon of government workers' metal items
Title of suggestion:Make metal detectors not detect the weapon of government workers' metal items
Description:Make metal detectors not detect the weapon of government workers' metal items
Why:Because of the same reason why it doesnt detect government.
Unless there is a way to change the code so anyone with a police uniform on doesn't receive a beep either, -Support.

This is because if I am roleplaying as a fake government worker, I will still have the uniform and ID but I won't be able to get past metal detectors if they are coded just for the real police and therefore will result in fake officers sticking out like a sore thumb.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
+Support
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
(06-01-2018, 05:36 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Unless there is a way to change the code so anyone with a police uniform on doesn't receive a beep either, -Support.

This is because if I am roleplaying as a fake government worker, I will still have the uniform and ID but I won't be able to get past metal detectors if they are coded just for the real police and therefore will result in fake officers sticking out like a sore thumb.

This is possible.

+Support
[Image: clvck9d.png]
+support 
If it's disabled for government workers and also while wearing the stolen police uniform. Would give more RP value for the outfit.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
We were unable to find a reliable or performance-efficient way of making it also detect those with stolen police uniforms while I was creating the detectors, this is why it's currently not a feature. I will however look into it more, I can for sure make it bypass for gov workers though.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-01-2018, 06:50 PM)Pollux Wrote: We were unable to find a reliable or performance-efficient way of making it also detect those with stolen police uniforms while I was creating the detectors, this is why it's currently not a feature. I will however look into it more, I can for sure make it bypass for gov workers though.

Can you not just say that if the player's model is the police uniform model, allow them past?

+Support for the suggestion tho
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(06-02-2018, 12:18 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 06:50 PM)Pollux Wrote: We were unable to find a reliable or performance-efficient way of making it also detect those with stolen police uniforms while I was creating the detectors, this is why it's currently not a feature. I will however look into it more, I can for sure make it bypass for gov workers though.

Can you not just say that if the player's model is the police uniform model, allow them past?

That is was Broc suggested but police aren't always going to wear their uniform. It also won't be very future proof incase we ever change those models to suit pines better or something. It would have also taken longer than implementing the team thing so we just went with that instead (beta paths always differ from live ones it's so annoying). I can implement it now if you lot want it obviously, just need to find all the police, sru, fireman, paramedic, sru serg, sru heavy armour, vp and president models. It is just a lot more efficient to check the teams.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-02-2018, 02:35 PM)Pollux Wrote:

That is was Broc suggested but police aren't always going to wear their uniform. It also won't be very future proof incase we ever change those models to suit pines better or something. It would have also taken longer than implementing the team thing so we just went with that instead (beta paths always differ from live ones it's so annoying). I can implement it now if you lot want it obviously, just need to find all the police, sru, fireman, paramedic, sru serg, sru heavy armour, vp and president models. It is just a lot more efficient to check the teams.

How about you just make it so that all government workers and people with a police uniform doesn't effect the beep? That would do the trick.

And if we were ever switch to another police uniform, I assume all you would have to do is change the code to the different model.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(06-02-2018, 02:39 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 02:35 PM)Pollux Wrote:

How about you just make it so that all government workers and people with a police uniform doesn't effect the beep? That would do the trick.

And if we were ever switch to another police uniform, I assume all you would have to do is change the code to the different model.

The only reason I really added the bypass is because without it you just hear a constant beeping in the nexus, i'm not too sure how I feel about adding more "bypasses" to the metal detectors. Right now I pretty much just do a IsGovernment() check. Yeah if we do ever switch uniform i'll have to add all of the new model paths, and this wouldn't be only thing that uses model checks in the gamemode. I mean I really don't mind adding it, it's more do you guys really need it?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork