What happened to FL?
For me it seems as if there's very few people playing seriously nowadays. Most people fuck around breaking rules and ruining RP, saying that they're roleplaying is laughable. i believe this doesn't help either.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(06-01-2018, 03:14 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: For me it seems as if there's very few people playing seriously nowadays. Most people fuck around breaking rules and ruining RP, saying that they're roleplaying is laughable. i believe this doesn't help either.

Without those people we wouldn't be hitting 20people very often

/phons
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Vimpto's post:
  • sebasti161
#roleplay
The following 2 users Like User 19014's post:
  • juicyorange, Pollux
Some people have just turned toxic in my opinion and instead of roleplaying they just lurk on the forums instead of interacting positively with the community.
The following 4 users Like Bobby's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Joe Joe, Ratatoskrr, Pollux
i think it started when i joined
The following 4 users Like sebasti161's post:
  • Joe Joe, Vimpto, Spartan_KCT, Exotic
(06-01-2018, 09:18 PM)Vimpto Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 03:14 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: For me it seems as if there's very few people playing seriously nowadays. Most people fuck around breaking rules and ruining RP, saying that they're roleplaying is laughable. i believe this doesn't help either.

Without those people we wouldn't be hitting 20people very often

/phons

if this point you stated is true spartan.

Please explain this why do the current staff team punsih serious mass rulebreakers less harsher than they do to their loyal long standing experienced players for making a slight mistake?

in my opinion there is many things wrong fl all starting from the top. There is lazy higher ups, which then this attitude passes down onto the staff team and is the reason why in my opinion its a complete shambles.

Also, no one roleplays anymore, the map there is many problems.

and they will never be fixed with the current way FL is being ran.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 2 users Like don's post:
  • Grape, Spartan_KCT
Why would anyone play FL when there are better alternatives? The low FPS, low playercount and incredibly boring passiveRP is not attractive whatsoever. Don't get me wrong here, I never play Garrysmod, but when I did it was because FL was running v2d and had stable and little content that made my laptop run the game at an acceptable rate. Now whenever I try to play FL I get 10 fps, what happened? Obviously there has been little focus on optimization and low content, one of the few things I feel Soul persistently fought for.

Stop adding content, it is not what we need. The server needs updates that optimize the gamemode. If that means reducing the quality of the cars, removing entities and replacing custom content with already existent models it has to be done. Sacrifices must be made.

Strive to get the lowest possible download time, and the highest possible FPS.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 4 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Grape, Awestruck, Pollux, mgdwszx
Added to the To-Do list:

Spoiler :
Fix Clans

Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 2 users Like Grape's post:
  • Lewwings, Envy
(06-02-2018, 07:17 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Added to the To-Do list:

Spoiler :
Fix Clans

Approved.

In progress.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(06-02-2018, 05:23 PM)Midget Wrote: Why would anyone play FL when there are better alternatives? The low FPS, low playercount and incredibly boring passiveRP is not attractive whatsoever. Don't get me wrong here, I never play Garrysmod, but when I did it was because FL was running v2d and had stable and little content that made my laptop run the game at an acceptable rate. Now whenever I try to play FL I get 10 fps, what happened? Obviously there has been little focus on optimization and low content, one of the few things I feel Soul persistently fought for.

Stop adding content, it is not what we need. The server needs updates that optimize the gamemode. If that means reducing the quality of the cars, removing entities and replacing custom content with already existent models it has to be done. Sacrifices must be made.

Strive to get the lowest possible download time, and the highest possible FPS.

It's not as easy as going "hey guys stop content lets optimize". The content that has been added has been quite "light". I do fully agree that performance is a major issue but it's a very hard thing to work on. If I remove one thing in the gamemode it often breaks 5 other things. It's not like we're not doing anything about it either, it's more that this will take a long time and it's not the most fun job. Motivation is a massive issue with the current dev team (which is fair as we do this out of our own time just to help the community). I can promise you that personally I will try my best to work on it though, I already have been trying as much as I can as a contributor. Development wise FL is going in a really good direction and I'm very excited for the future.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork