What happened to FL?
(05-30-2018, 09:16 PM)Vimpto Wrote: The split between fearless and another community was when the down fall began to be honest. If the player count isn't back up by summer holidays then it's clear fearless is dying.

Pines won't help either as it won't want old users to come back and play again like v2d would I remember v2d being full of interaction when 20people where online in the morning. I prefer the classic Fearless from 2014/15 to the new modern advanced fearless. Why even was the crosshairs removed from guns? I'm confused as to how that benefited anything.

Back when the cops had usps which is realistic, they shouldn't have a massive M4 on patrol? 

/phone

If you mean lime light then you are wrong. I personally have never seen a more cancer community than them, they should get an award. I just think it’s people growing out of the game, there is no new ideas coming in to attract new players and the interface isn’t exactly friendly, it’s scary.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Regarding the staff team in Fearless, everyone is doing their job perfectly in one way or another, the thing some people do not understand is that this is a game.

Staff are being told they are inactive and not doing their job sometimes etc, just want to put something out there that every staff member has got a life outside, imagine what would happen if you would put those hours you have in-game out in the real-life market, working. This is where we can have fun and enjoy together, and every staff member has shown quality which is really needed within a community. We need to understand that we are speaking about a game, the staff members are not paid, they are not investing money in this and have a chance to expand their life through this, so be grateful for people taking time to administrate here in this community, in the end, people leave their position for a reason, and the reason is - life.

My departure from the staff team had many comments going towards me regarding - "He did it for veteran/Only one month as admin" etc. But the thing people do not see is the work done to reach this point, from a personal point of view, staff members have brought memories for the community, in other words, been successful. Instead of seeing this one month as admin, one needs to have a look at the six months behind this one month.

The staff team have all my support, I am very grateful for the work done within this community, personally, who brought me a lot of new friends.
The following 5 users Like Kevin's post:
  • Pollux, Jessixa, Spartan_KCT, Ratatoskrr, Iraqi Eagle
(05-30-2018, 11:45 PM)fieldy Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:39 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:37 PM)fieldy Wrote: lmao changes are only going to start when the money begins to go

I think you don't really understand how the server works.

The only thing Soul knows about the server is what it brings in every month. How else could a group of Left-Wing, SJWs end up in charge of the server?

Ultimately he is the one that should be overseeing decisions made on the server and quite frankly he’s done fuck all. If he’s cared, he would have atleast tried to keep Snow on the team...

It's dense and toxic people like you who truly bring the community down as a whole, too. There's obviously more of these people besides you, always trying to prove people wrong with assumptions and bullshit reasoning.
Always shouting from the sideline with an edgy attitude, but not actually trying to bring a positive change to the server or the community yourself. Admins don't want to call you out publicly as it'd only cause an uproar and can be considered unprofessional. 

You get yourself in trouble time and time again and all you can do afterwards is attempt to put the blame on others or put up an agressive defense, attempting to call people out for absolutely nothing. Do yourself and everyone a favor and try to make a positive change by starting with changing your own attitude, at least in public.

While this may seem like a personal attack, I'm merely using you as a prime example of another problem that has been taking place in FL the past year. People have lost respect and have been getting way too big for their boots in public (this includes admins at time too, some really need to get off their high horse). You need to realize that this is a public community ranging from lots of different ages, and cultures. Think before you act, because some people make themself look like an absolute fool.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 7 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Grape, juicyorange, Random, Ratatoskrr, mgdwszx, Lewwings, Pollux
(05-31-2018, 08:48 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:45 PM)fieldy Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:39 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:37 PM)fieldy Wrote: lmao changes are only going to start when the money begins to go

I think you don't really understand how the server works.

The only thing Soul knows about the server is what it brings in every month. How else could a group of Left-Wing, SJWs end up in charge of the server?

Ultimately he is the one that should be overseeing decisions made on the server and quite frankly he’s done fuck all. If he’s cared, he would have atleast tried to keep Snow on the team...

It's dense and toxic people like you who truly bring the community down as a whole, too. There's obviously more of these people besides you, always trying to prove people wrong with assumptions and bullshit reasoning.
Always shouting from the sideline with an edgy attitude, but not actually trying to bring a positive change to the server or the community yourself. Admins don't want to call you out publicly as it'd only cause an uproar and can be considered unprofessional. 

You get yourself in trouble time and time again and all you can do afterwards is attempt to put the blame on others or put up an agressive defense, attempting to call people out for absolutely nothing. Do yourself and everyone a favor and try to make a positive change by starting with changing your own attitude, at least in public.

While this may seem like a personal attack, I'm merely using you as a prime example of another problem that has been taking place in FL the past year. People have lost respect and have been getting way too big for their boots in public (this includes admins at time too, some really need to get off their high horse). You need to realize that this is a public community ranging from lots of different ages, and cultures. Think before you act, because some people make themself look like an absolute fool.

Roasted.

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
In less than half a day of me posting this thread, we have reached over 100 replies and over 1,600 views for this mature and open-minded discussion. I hope this goes to show, for all of you, how many of the community members care for Fearless and never want to see it die for good.

I just wish that we can all reach a friendly and 'one-for-all' established ending in this thread that many others have unfortunately failed to do so with needless premature closure and endless 'rants'. So far this discussion has been kept to a professional standard (other than a few exceptions) so, thank you. I can actually see this doing good for Fearless and its future.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 3 users Like Grape's post:
  • Captain Barry, Lewwings, Pollux
(05-31-2018, 03:48 AM)Falcon Wrote: Okay, here we go:

So I've been playing Fearless since August of 2013 and I've seen a lot of things happen, both good and bad. From 2013-2015 I was extremely active, accumulating most of my RP points, money, and hours. In those three years Fearless was at its peak, in my opinion. The maps were V2D and V33X, which were both awesome - a good amount of passive RP and a good amount of aggressive RP. I remember one day the servers were full the the brim and I was asking Enzyme to ban people so I could get on. It was a great time. Clans were full of excitement, engagement, and drama, events were happening every week. Staff participated and cared. Developmental changes were well-optimized and released quite often... 

Then the split came. I don't have to explain it to you guys but Soul and most of the current LL staff disagreed about a lot of things, thus splitting the community in two. I left too, along with the majority of my friends. When LL started it was awesome: everyone had a fresh start, everyone devised crazy plans on how to make the most money the fastest, and everyone had a purpose to hop on the servers. The pure hope of LL members and staff drove the community to where it is now, though with some minor setbacks (i.e. DDOS attacks for months...). Anyway, while this was happening, FL went to shit. Soul brought in some new staff who weren't necessarily well-versed on their roles, etc. etc.. And with time and a more learned staff team, FL has reached this point. I'd say LL and FL are in an equal stance when it comes to playerbase. 

Now from my knowledge and experiences, I’m going to supply a list of problems on FL and their possible solutions:

1. Map Changes.
2. Optimization.
3. Staff.
4. Clans.
5. Jobs and Interactions.
6. Aggressive RP.
7. Passive RP.
8. Events.
9. Development.
10. Playerbase. 
11. Branching Out.

Point 1: Map Changes.

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic recently, especially in this thread itself. Players have expressed a need for a more optimized, smaller map where everyone isn’t spread out thin and both aggressive RP and passive RP flourish. This is an easy one. With my experience, Evocity V33X should be the choice. 33X has all of our suggestions already written. 

-It’s a medium sized map, larger than V2D yet smaller than V5P and Pines, allowing players to actually play with each other rather than driving for two minutes and possibly crashing just to see someone. 

-It’s well optimized, for the most part, I think…

-It fits well with Atmos and players know it. It brings back memories for old players, possibly bringing them back.

-It offers an expansive array of opportunities for both passive players and aggressive players, such as Main Street for shops, etc. and the slums and the rest of the map for aggressive RP. Obviously this is all relative, both aggressive RP and passive RP can happen anywhere, yet it is much more concise and organized on 33X.

V2D is too old and we know it, it’s poorly optimized and too small for a playerbase that intends to grow.

Pines and V5P are too big for our playerbase. V5P isn’t even a circuit, and it offers nothing more to the table.

Point 2: Optimization.

Obviously the development team are always working on this. Like some players mentioned prior, optimization should be a number one priority. It allows all types of players to play flawlessly with a higher FPS, which is always a good thing. There’s nothing wrong with optimizing maps and interactions.

Point 3: Staff.

Alright now we get into the nitty gritty. Let’s start from the top: Soul. Soul has ran FL since the beginning and knows what he’s doing for the most part. He’s letting SAs handle HR problems, promotions, development, and everything else. Yes, some disagree with his motives but that’s what’s to be expected from people in his position. If I were him, I’d do the same thing, especially the way FL is now.

SAs are a different story. All of them currently are extremely well-read in their positions: they know what they’re doing and they’re doing it right for the most part, from what I can see. They seem to be mature in their decisions and their interactions, which is good for the community, and they handle their responsibilities well, for the most part (I’ll delve into this soon).

Administrators are where the problems start. Ever since the split, FL has had some edgy admins, some of which are gone, some of which are still here. Administrators are expected to be mature and respectable members of the community, and most of the admin team is doing that, some are not (I won’t name anyone). Admins are biased, as is every human being. We can’t get around that, but we can make it better. This is all up to the administrator, and can be influenced by SA involvement. SAs have to keep a tight grip on their administration team, admins can’t be let to goof around publicly, slander players, or just fuck up: that’s the reason they’re admins in the first place. I’ve been disheartened from recent posts on the forums from some admins, and that is not okay. Admins can goof around, but they can’t stray as far to be immature and just seem like they don’t care. It’s not okay. 

Moderators seem to do well as of now. They’re promoted for a reason and their moderation capabilities are limited to ensure chaos doesn’t occur. They’re an integral part of the team and they protect the servers from minges, etc. etc.. Nothing really wrong here.

Now in my opinion, this whole “trial admin” thing is dumb. Just revert back to moderator, there’s no difference, then again, reverting it doesn't change anything, just my thoughts.

Point 4: Clans.

Okay here we go. Clans are an extremely important part of the CityRP gamemode and the community itself. Some clans are passive, some are aggressive, that’s just the way things are. There’s nothing really right or wrong in the current “clan climate” as of now. There haven’t been any wars, there’s some drama, but it’s nothing like it used to be. There used to be hectic rivalries between clans, like FUMUKU and the SAA, back in the day. Of course there are rivalries now, but it’s nothing like it was. I’m unsure how to fix this. I think we just have to let it go down its own path and see what happens. Roleplay is also very important in clans. Proper clans have proper roleplayers: clans without any good roleplayers won’t succeed, it’s pretty much proven. Leaders of clans have to be extremely experienced and well-versed in their clan history, meaning, etc.. A good example of this is when Peaky Blinders was active, or more active than they currently are. I had been away from Garry’s Mod and I ended up watching the show and I immediately thought of the clan here. How awesome would it be to roleplay as gangster Cillian Murphy in 1920s Birmingham? Straightup badass. And the clan seemed to have lived up to it: from what I saw players were mature and pretty involved. Their thread is pretty damn good. This can be said about a lot of clans, like Camorro, FUMUKU, SAA, Estleback, etc. etc.. We need more of those types of clans: both aggressive and passive RP oriented. 

Point 5: Jobs and Interactions.

This point brings us to jobs. Jobs are very important to the gamemode. I still remember joining FL for the first time, hearing Big Bang Cafe in the background and reading all about the jobs. That dragged me straight in. 

(Just for some memories!)

The jobs are still the same, yet different. There have been additions, which are for the most part good ones, and there have been some setbacks: such as having members of the government get weapons from lockers, etc.. This is a problem for aggressive RP. Revert back to the old days where cops would take out their M4s, thus giving an extra incentive to raiders. Other than that, there haven’t been many changes in the “job realm” of CityRP. 

Interactions haven’t changed either. Zakariyya is still there saying the same old thing. Having tasks for players, or at least a voice-over for NPCs would benefit the community. The small things help. I can’t say much for the rest, yet for aggressive RPers, I believe the “Hephaestus” update was a good one, bring detail to weapons and customization. That was truly awesome and there wasn’t really anything wrong with it. Props to Faustie.

Revert back to the old government idea where they equip their own weapons and add small things, like voice-overs for NPCs. Add more NPCs! There are unlimited possibilities.

Point 6: Aggressive RP.

Yeah, it’s true. Aggressive RP is an inherent element to CityRP. Why limit it? A good number of players are interested in Aggressive RP, so what’s the point in changing it, hoping to be “more passively oriented.” It was fine back in the day, and it can still be fine now. Again, have incentives for raids, like I said earlier, have the government equip their own weapons. Revert to the old crosshair, it changed nothing really. Allow “wallbanging.” It’s not that hard, you guys just have to think.

Point 7: Passive RP.

Obviously CityRP prioritizes a more passive roleplay style, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. This brings us to map changes: use a map with a broad possibility for passive RP, like 33X. Give players incentives to passively roleplay: RP Points should be easier to earn. The easy stuff, small things. Updates, prop packs, etc. etc..

Point 8: Events.

Events again, are an inherent part of CityRP. I haven’t seen any events recently, though I can’t really have an opinion since I haven’t really been active. I remember there used to be events like every weekend, Vault RPs, Titanic RPs, NASA RPs, Survival RPs, anything! This is a great way to increase roleplay, both aggressive and passive. There’s nothing wrong with hosting events more often. They don’t have to be big, they don’t have to be small. The sky is the limit, just offer them more often.

This brings us to the teacher role. In my opinion the role was an awesome addition to the gamemode. The first thing I did when I saw it was apply and I’m proud to say I was FL’s first teacher and I enjoyed my time as one. That’s in the past though, in the present, teachers should offer impromptu events as well, why not? Start up the event server once in a while!

Point 9: Development.

Development is very important to our community. Both small updates and major ones are welcome and so far I’m impressed. Optimization is extremely important and developers and contributors should always be working on that. Content updates are also important, bring us some major updates every few months, make things interesting. Surprise the playerbase!

Point 10: Playerbase.

The playerbase is obviously what drives the community. There are good players and bad ones, and staff take care of the bad ones (for the most part). If FL wants to get larger, take the advice of others and myself in this thread. These are good ideas. You can’t really go wrong here.

Point 11: Branching Out.

In my opinion this is a bad idea. FL is naturally a Garry’s Mod community and should be one purely. The Minecraft “fiasco” was fun as hell, but it ended. Small extremities such as Minecraft should be fine, but limited. No major games. Just a side game to get players interested again. I know for a fact that when the Minecraft server was released I got back into Garry’s Mod after it ended. This could indirectly help the playerbase, but it also could alter it…

Conclusion.

So I know it was a lot, but it’s all very important, both for the community and myself. I haven’t even played ingame but I definitely plan to. I still care about this community and I have hope that it will once again thrive.

Thanks for reading,
  Falcon.

Jesus do you have a life??
The following 8 users Like Falc's post:
  • Yonno, BasicallyMental, Random, Iraqi Eagle, Joe Joe, Haarek, James, Falcon
(05-31-2018, 07:39 AM)juicyorange Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:16 PM)Vimpto Wrote: The split between fearless and another community was when the down fall began to be honest. If the player count isn't back up by summer holidays then it's clear fearless is dying.

Pines won't help either as it won't want old users to come back and play again like v2d would I remember v2d being full of interaction when 20people where online in the morning. I prefer the classic Fearless from 2014/15 to the new modern advanced fearless. Why even was the crosshairs removed from guns? I'm confused as to how that benefited anything.

Back when the cops had usps which is realistic, they shouldn't have a massive M4 on patrol? 

/phone

If you mean lime light then you are wrong. I personally have never seen a more cancer community than them, they should get an award. I just think it’s people growing out of the game, there is no new ideas coming in to attract new players and the interface isn’t exactly friendly, it’s scary.
Can't really call Fearless non toxic either. People are arguing in OOC and insulting others all the time.
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
Back in the day you had strict requirements for becoming admin/moderator. I’ve seen admins with less than 3 RPP. Don’t give me the ‘it’s not how many hours or points they have.’ Bull shit.

Admin should be a very. Very. Very. Hard thing to work for. It’s easier to get trail admin than it is to get a fucking role play point. Does that not say enough about how down hill the community has fallen?

I see so many hard working players with countless hours and points get nothing in return.

There should be a system in place where an admin must average a certain amount of hours. Yet again don’t comment ‘admins have lives too’. Yes they do. But I see countless players who are on all time. Don’t give someone admin when they come on for 4 hours a week.
The following 3 users Like CorieTheNub's post:
  • Grape, Vimpto, konsta
(05-31-2018, 08:48 AM)Yonno Wrote: It's dense and toxic people like you who truly bring the community down as a whole, too. There's obviously more of these people besides you, always trying to prove people wrong with assumptions and bullshit reasoning.

I fully agree with you, I admit I've been one of those toxic people, and those I surrounded myself with was aswell, although I think the problems stems from lack of respect for the admins:
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=73819
- stuff like this is one of the main reasons why I have close to 0 respect for the staff team.
Blatant abuse, punished with a 1 week strip of admin rights
I also agree with your point about certain admins being all mighty on their high horse.

----
I would've preferred V2D, but Im all for giving Pines a chance, 125 people voted Pines so I hope they will be active
The following 3 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Yonno, Lewwings, Baskingner
All Im going to say is we have to be real everything dies. People move on and get bored but it may change. People may change their mind it all depends. In reality Gmod is dying because its not at its peak and its playerbase shrinks. I know it has a Large community still but that is mostly Star WarsRP, DarkRP and TTT all of which Fearless wouldn't suit. The playerbase will never be as packed as back in the day the community has shrunk. However it will rise again once exams are over. How much I dont know because I cant see into the future sadly. But just take it one day at a time.

It isnt dead yet.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Wolven