What happened to FL?
(05-30-2018, 11:00 PM)Divey Wrote: The problem with adding NPCs is it takes away from player interaction, which as a role play we should really be striving for and seemingly on the threads regarding the map change, is something the community also want. Personally, if I think of an opportunity to add an NPC, I favour seeing ways if there is a way for players to be able to interact with one another over players acting in a zombie like manner, going to an NPC, collecting tasks and completing them. It alienates players from one another.

Big Reason why I dislike the F4 Marketplace, Takes away the RP Interactions of actually selling and trading items!
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 4 users Like Envy's post:
  • Kryptic, Spartan_KCT, Iraqi Eagle, Grunt
(05-30-2018, 10:07 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:05 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:04 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:01 PM)Random Wrote: Instead of saying that this and that is a joke. Explain why. Explain what could be done better. That is the only way to move anything forward, simply stating that A,B and C is bad is not very helpful Smile

Stop adding useless shit like clocks.

Right so lets just stop small updates. Great 10/10 sound advice. An update is an update and whether small or not it adds. Just because you dislike it, it doesn't mean that everyone else does. We cannot bring out major updates every day.

You're not taking on criticism. I said stop adding useless shit like clocks. I did not say 'BRING OUT BIG UPDATES EVERY SINGLE DAY' We don't want big ass updates everyday NOBODY said that please quote us. I'd rather have updates that are actually taking on board what the community want?

There's a page called Suggestions; you should read it some time. https://www.fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7
Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone else does.

The clocks were a suggestion, so I don't see what you're trying to say. It added no extra "download time" either.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-30-2018, 11:04 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Alright, now guys. Let's stop taking these arguments personally and focus on why FL is dying and what we can do to help? Is this not what we want?

So far we have established that Pines clearly won't work, updates should focus on optimizing all types of RP and balancing aggressiveRP as well as the gamemode, staff clearly needs some work and most even fail to set a somewhat decent example, nevermind enforcing the rules they are 'supposed' to follow.

Thank you all for your suggestions, points and arguments. I'm sure this will help us all in making FL good again and will also help Staff and Development in doing so.

When did we establish Pines wouldnt work? All Im saying is yet again give Pines a chance. Pines will probably be the redeemer for many Passive and Aggressive. For once Passive players dont have to live next door to a slums which always gets raided. Its a proper City not a dingey slum.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Falcon
(05-30-2018, 09:46 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: I agree with Zombie and Yonno entirely.

Most of the current staff team fails to lead both RP example and/or even rule-following example. There have been unfortunate times where staff have done some pretty questionable shit in front of even newcomers which is a complete joke if you are looking for a mature and rule-following community. It's a shame I didn't get these situations recorded. Not just that, but the way staff deal with situations nowadays is completely ridiculous and it's actually hard to find staff that aren't biased and deals with a situation both seriously and in a way that teaches both parties. It's a good job that Captain Barry has finally been promoted.

And server/gamemode optimization is another huge factor. The main reason why I started the other discussion for FL to change map was because of all the things listed above. We needed a smaller, more optimized map that favoured all types of roleplay. And people agreed and staff finally listened to these types of threads and decided it was time to switch map. And then the community choose Pines? Are you kidding me? We're looking for a smaller, more optimized map than FL which suited all types of RP and would concentrate people together, causing more interactions, and people picked Pines to be the map which negates all the things listed above and totally eradicates AggressiveRP potential? Okay, sure! Great thinking. It's not just that, but more features to the gamemode make it even laggier and unstable. We can all agree that these little updates are nice, however don't do anything to the community long term, which is what the development team are unfortunately failing to do so at the moment - making updates which will indirectly attract people to FL.

This exactly.
The following 1 user Likes Kryptic's post:
  • Grape
(05-30-2018, 10:34 PM)CorieTheNub Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:05 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:04 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 10:01 PM)Random Wrote: Instead of saying that this and that is a joke. Explain why. Explain what could be done better. That is the only way to move anything forward, simply stating that A,B and C is bad is not very helpful Smile

Stop adding useless shit like clocks.

Right so lets just stop small updates. Great 10/10 sound advice. An update is an update and whether small or not it adds. Just because you dislike it, it doesn't mean that everyone else does. We cannot bring out major updates every day.

Let’s be honest. Who even uses the clocks. Yeah people spawn them in but end of the day. If a player wants to see the time they can look at their HUD or just use a simple prop with a /me or /it

Fair play to the developers for creating it, but I see a long list of accepted suggestions that seem a bit more important than a clock. Just saying.

You're forgetting how hard it is to implement even the easiest of suggestions, updates like the contraband rework seems so easy but you guys have no idea just how badly made some parts of the gamemode are. It's like some sort of goose chase every single time you want to find an existing thing to work on, as it often exists in two different places and the code is spread out among several gamemode files. Me and the rest of the team are trying to bring out updates you want.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-30-2018, 11:00 PM)Divey Wrote: The problem with adding NPCs is it takes away from player interaction, which as a role play we should really be striving for and seemingly on the threads regarding the map change, is something the community also want. Personally, if I think of an opportunity to add an NPC, I favour seeing ways if there is a way for players to be able to interact with one another over players acting in a zombie like manner, going to an NPC, collecting tasks and completing them. It alienates players from one another.

Oh it will for sure. But alienating players isnt as big of an issue to me right now. There is right now 17 people online on FL. If I get on, I am going to assume there is literally nothing going on. Hell if there is 35 people on the server there is very little going on. 

With small numbers on, the focus shouldnt be player interaction. It should be giving players something to do. If there is something to do on the server that is available, it then gives other things to do based on what you are doing.

For example the delivery man job does this very well. Your job is just driving around delivering packages. It has 0 player interaction in the fact that you are talking to NPC and just driving around. However, what it does do is put more cars on the road and opens up the possibility to pull them over for speeding, them getting robbed, etc etc. The focus of the job doesnt have interaction, but the result gives interaction.
The following 5 users Like Fultz's post:
  • konsta, Kryptic, Archer, Iraqi Eagle, Grunt
(05-30-2018, 11:06 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:04 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Alright, now guys. Let's stop taking these arguments personally and focus on why FL is dying and what we can do to help? Is this not what we want?

So far we have established that Pines clearly won't work, updates should focus on optimizing all types of RP and balancing aggressiveRP as well as the gamemode, staff clearly needs some work and most even fail to set a somewhat decent example, nevermind enforcing the rules they are 'supposed' to follow.

Thank you all for your suggestions, points and arguments. I'm sure this will help us all in making FL good again and will also help Staff and Development in doing so.

When did we establish Pines wouldnt work? All Im saying is yet again give Pines a chance. Pines will probably be the redeemer for many Passive and Aggressive. For once Passive players dont have to live next door to a slums which always gets raided. Its a proper City not a dingey slum.

Eh? Aggressive on Pines?

Listen here, Fearless needs a map much smaller than V5P that will encourage all types of RP, increasing personal interactions, all whilst having a playable fps. And you say that Pines fulfill these requirements? Other than the shitty looking industrial that the map has, there is not one place you can do aggressive. And don't even get me started on those 'Villas'.

All that Pines will do is remove AggressiveRP potential, eradicating half the player base if there even will be one by then, and stretch the remaining players across that map. There will be a 3 people per square mile on that thing lol
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(05-30-2018, 11:14 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 11:06 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:

Eh? Aggressive on Pines?

Listen here, Fearless needs a map much smaller than V5P that will encourage all types of RP, increasing personal interactions, all whilst having a playable fps. And you say that Pines fulfill these requirements? Other than the shitty looking industrial that the map has, there is not one place you can do aggressive. And don't even get me started on those 'Villas'.

All that Pines will do is remove AggressiveRP potential, eradicating half the player base if there even will be one by then, and stretch the remaining players across that map. There will be a 3 people per square mile on that thing lol

Pines is smaller than V5P and it runs better, i've seen it on beta and i've spent a ton of time on it. The majority of the community voted for it too, just give it a chance. In terms of updates we know what you lot want, we just can't release updates that quickly on this old gamemode. Just wait.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Still waiting for Pine to replace V5P already, I wanna see how it will play out
FL as a community is not dying, this is clear by all you commenting on this thread and the activity on the forums. However, CityRP as a game mode is dying, for example I would still count myself as part of the community as I'm active on the forum nearly every day / week, but am I active in game? Nah. Why? I've no incentive to come on, I've spent so long on the game it's boring now. If FL wants to continue to grow as a community and stay alive as a community it needs to branch out into other popular games, so not like the failed Minecraft expansion in the past, or not into whatever the fuck space engineers is, into popular games or popular Garry's mod game modes. This as a result will increase the amount of "advertisement" or awareness of the FL brand as a whole and may also lead to more people trying the cityRP game mode, or will lead the community to a successful expansion into other areas that are more sustainable and popular than CityRP.

Another thing noticed is that the structure of the entire community has stayed the same, there's no drastic changes, there's nothing worth getting excited about anymore, and this I place purely down to a general lack of leadership from the top, and before someone replies about there being "internal discussions", that is not helpful to the public player base whatsoever. What some individuals would wish to see is the individuals at the top seeming to take a care in the game mode and a care in the community, and if this is failed to be seen it's common sense that people will move elsewhere to achieve this. People need to see those that are seen as responsible and of a rank to be taking interest.
Note: When I say from the top I mean the staff team, and not what people have maybe perceived as me slating Soul, as I am not. I generally mean the attitude of some staff members such as administrators is enough to put people off, and the lack of staff members showing a public interest is limited.

If it's purely the cityRP game mode that wants to be grown instead of the entire community, I don't see any other way than bringing back the nearly hundreds of old players by providing an incentive for them to come back. It's been done in the past before, and I can't say I whole heartedly support it, but is wiping bans for old members who have many hours the way to do it? I'm not sure, but it's certainly an option to increase interest in the game.

Certainly if the the cityRP game mode and the community want to be sustained for another ten years, changes have to be made and a strategic direction and objective have to be achieved, how I am not sure, by doing what I am also unsure, but options need to be decided.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle