What happened to FL?
If you higher the standards of the administration team, they then set the example for the rest of the community. If admins are messing about, the players will too. How can someone enforce the rules whenever they do not know them their selves? Great update all around
The following 8 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Exotic, Lewwings, Grape, Envy, JackZ, Joe Joe, Grunt, sebasti161
(06-14-2018, 05:09 AM)Fultz Wrote: If you higher the standards of the administration team, they then set the example for the rest of the community. If admins are messing about, the players will too. How can someone enforce the rules whenever they do not know them their selves? Great update all around

On this point though, I think its good if the admin team 'mess around'. When I say this, I mean make it fun for other players and show players they are human also.

What shouldn't be happening IMO is admins banning for the sake of banning, admins 'showing off' they're admins and admins bullying players.

Admins should be there to make people want to come back to the server, I've played many servers where i've played just because their staff team was super nice and wouldn't abuse and would have fun. 

Its a game, everyone plays it to have fun. Smile
The following 14 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Envy, Grape, Pollux, Byra, Awestruck, CorieTheNub, Joe Joe, Wolven, Tomo, Grunt, sebasti161, MasterNoda, Willem de Walrus, Fudge
FearlessRP is by far one of the best Garry’s mod communities I have found over the years of playing. I was banned for a while and while being banned I realised how much I missed connecting with everyone. It is good to see admins having fun. But it gets quite hypercritical when an admin tries to punish a player for something they have been doing theirselves.

An admin is just another player on the server, it’s a shame everyone sucks up to them in attempts to gain brownie points.

Banning for the sake of banning or too show their authority is a bit too far. Everyone just wants to come on, have fun and get away from the real world for a while. It’s a game that everyone enjoys and I feel like banning for the sake of banning is unneeded. Maybe introduce a strike system? 3 strikes and you get a 24 ban or something idk.

These are my views, feel free to @ me Wink
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Grape
(06-14-2018, 08:07 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 05:09 AM)Fultz Wrote: If you higher the standards of the administration team, they then set the example for the rest of the community. If admins are messing about, the players will too. How can someone enforce the rules whenever they do not know them their selves? Great update all around

On this point though, I think its good if the admin team 'mess around'. When I say this, I mean make it fun for other players and show players they are human also.

What shouldn't be happening IMO is admins banning for the sake of banning, admins 'showing off' they're admins and admins bullying players.

Admins should be there to make people want to come back to the server, I've played many servers where i've played just because their staff team was super nice and wouldn't abuse and would have fun. 

Its a game, everyone plays it to have fun. :)

Your definition of mess around is too broad for me still. I believe admins should administrate the servers, being getting new players understand the rules and what is okay and what is not and punish those who chose not to listen. 

When they are not doing that they should be creating rp for others. This being through events and rps that everyone can be involved in. This is what makes new players want to stay. Helping not punishing and including not shooing away.

I personally don't see anyone banning just to ban and honestly bans have diminished a large amount in comparison to what it once was.  But this is what admins should be doing and nothing else if they truly care for the community. Helping and including.
(06-14-2018, 10:20 AM)Fultz Wrote:

Its a game, everyone plays it to have fun. Smile

Your definition of mess around is too broad for me still. I believe admins should administrate the servers, being getting new players understand the rules and what is okay and what is not and punish those who chose not to listen. 

When they are not doing that they should be creating rp for others. This being through events and rps that everyone can be involved in. This is what makes new players want to stay. Helping not punishing and including not shooing away.

I personally don't see anyone banning just to ban and honestly bans have diminished a large amount in comparison to what it once was.  But this is what admins should be doing and nothing else if they truly care for the community. Helping and including.

Don't get me wrong, admins are there to administrate but its more than just 'administrating'. They're there to make you want to come back. Making it enjoyable for new players but equally old players. Having fun with players. Of-course there not there to just straight up piss about and be stupid about it but there equally not jail-wardens who are expected to punish any violation! We're not prisoners! 

If you're logging onto the server and are more concerned about being on your last chance when you're not going on there to break rules then the server has still improvement to make with staff being more relaxed.

Thats how I view it.
(06-14-2018, 12:58 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 05:09 AM)Fultz Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

If you're logging onto the server and are more concerned about being on your last chance when you're not going on there to break rules then the server has still improvement to make with staff being more relaxed.

Thats how I view it.

Seems like paranoia to me rather than a staff related issue. If you play the way it is intended, nobody is going to get into real trouble. It's really not that hard to not break rules on Fearless.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Random
(06-14-2018, 01:03 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 05:09 AM)Fultz Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Thats how I view it.

Seems like paranoia to me rather than a staff related issue. If you play the way it is intended, nobody is going to get into real trouble. It's really not that hard to not break rules on Fearless.

Eh,

Not trying to beat bushes and that but its not paranoia as i've personally had it to myself back in the day. Also have I seen it to others.

'There is no smoke without fire'.

Im not saying it happens now as im not active enough to state now but I can state for a fact thats its happened before.
(06-14-2018, 01:18 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 01:03 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 08:07 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: -snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Thats how I view it.

Eh,

Not trying to beat bushes and that but its not paranoia as i've personally had it to myself back in the day. Also have I seen it to others.

'There is no smoke without fire'.

Im not saying it happens now as im not active enough to state now but I can state for a fact thats its happened before.

I mean naturally I can't compare my personal experiences from yours considering our history is very different, but I myself have had no problem staying out of trouble. All it takes in general is a bit of common sense. If you end up getting on your last chance, then you deserve all the pressure you've created for yourself.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
FL will only become popular again if they change the gamemode to Battle Royale RP ft. Despacito 2.

On topic though staff should just learn to be humble and more welcoming to new players it's not that hard.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 2 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Random, Spartan_KCT
I think it’s safe to say this discussion can be closed for now.

Since only a few of the suggestions mentioned in this thread has been implemented, I’d like the staff team and the community in general to take as much as they can from this thread to make Fearless as good as possible.

Server population is good at the moment nevertheless!
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Lewwings