What happened to FL?
(05-30-2018, 09:40 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:32 PM)Yonno Wrote: In my eyes FL can only truly be "revived" if it would actually be optimized at some point.

Updates are all nice and dandy, but they only make people come back for short term. Taking the map change as an example, it will only attract old/ potential new players on a short term basis. We need to indirectly motivate people to play on the servers. A neat gameplay update is nice for a while, up to the point where it's no longer new, and just part of the potential "FL routine".

Optimization however, would indirectly make people enjoy playing more, as they would not be annoyed by walking around the city with below 20 FPS, it's simply frustrating and does not leave a positive impact/ motivation whatsoever, for anyone, especially not when you are for example in the middle of a raid and you potentially lose a gunfight due to the FPS.

While I understand that it's easy to say "oh just optimize the gamemode", I personally strongly believe that the focus should be in that direction in regards to development.

I say FL needs to motivate people, encourage people and promote to play aggressive RP, as much as some people hate aggressive RP but it will truly bring FL back to its glory and charm. FL lost a lot of aggressive rp players and because of that, FL is losing players and has less players than LL, because LL has better and more aggressive RP than FL has.

They should start with reverting all gun changes
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Envy, Falcon
(05-30-2018, 09:33 PM)Envy Wrote: FL has not been fun in a while, and this is not just coming from me I've heard this from a bunch of other people. This year I've probably played no more than 5 hours ill come on walk around the city for 2 minutes no joke then just think be assed and leave.
AggresiveRP - Boring, Waste of Money, No Rewards, Shit Map.
PassiveRP - Lack of Interaction, Shit Map, Boring unless its something unique.

Saying that Gmod is dying is a bad excuse, Gmods All Time Peak is 73k and There was 31k playing in the last 30 minutes of me posting this. That's still a huge amount of players compared to the All time peak which i'm assuming was like 3 years ago when prop hunt videos etc where a big thing on youtube. It's FL that's Dying not Gmod

Onto the CityRP Genre, another community is doing better than FL right now, Still not the best numbers but better than FL and I don't think I've seen this in a while tbh... Also with new custom gamemodes on the scene such as SantosRP I think it just appeals to players more.

There a bunch of more things but tbh I cant be assed cause i've said them a million times

EDIT: Adding to what Yonno said about updates. I think a big overhaul is needed just on basic things, like the Suggestion I suggested about the Third Person update, Small things like that will modernize the server and make it a lot cleaner. The server feels ancient, Needs to be other things done to stuff like AggresiveRP like gun balancing regularly, maybe even adding the odd weapon now and then since for years its always been the Galil, AK, M4, XM, M3. How do you think games like LoL stay relevant they constantly change things to keep it fun and different. FL has been the same thing for years a little change wouldn't hurt especially now when it is needed

your LL in the third paragraph has been censored and edited into "another community". Honestly why isn't this stupid censorship removed yet? The split happened 3 years ago, I thought everybody grew up ffs
The following 2 users Like konsta's post:
  • Archer, Falcon
(05-30-2018, 09:44 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:33 PM)Envy Wrote: FL has not been fun in a while, and this is not just coming from me I've heard this from a bunch of other people. This year I've probably played no more than 5 hours ill come on walk around the city for 2 minutes no joke then just think be assed and leave.
AggresiveRP - Boring, Waste of Money, No Rewards, Shit Map.
PassiveRP - Lack of Interaction, Shit Map, Boring unless its something unique.

Saying that Gmod is dying is a bad excuse, Gmods All Time Peak is 73k and There was 31k playing in the last 30 minutes of me posting this. That's still a huge amount of players compared to the All time peak which i'm assuming was like 3 years ago when prop hunt videos etc where a big thing on youtube. It's FL that's Dying not Gmod

Onto the CityRP Genre, another community is doing better than FL right now, Still not the best numbers but better than FL and I don't think I've seen this in a while tbh... Also with new custom gamemodes on the scene such as SantosRP I think it just appeals to players more.

There a bunch of more things but tbh I cant be assed cause i've said them a million times

EDIT: Adding to what Yonno said about updates. I think a big overhaul is needed just on basic things, like the Suggestion I suggested about the Third Person update, Small things like that will modernize the server and make it a lot cleaner. The server feels ancient, Needs to be other things done to stuff like AggresiveRP like gun balancing regularly, maybe even adding the odd weapon now and then since for years its always been the Galil, AK, M4, XM, M3. How do you think games like LoL stay relevant they constantly change things to keep it fun and different. FL has been the same thing for years a little change wouldn't hurt especially now when it is needed

your LL in the third paragraph has been censored and edited into "another community". Honestly why isn't this stupid censorship removed yet? The split happened 3 years ago, I thought everybody grew up ffs

ahahahaahahh I never even noticed that, That is honestly the most childish thing I have ever seen Crying
Dont worry i fixed it
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Archer
I agree with Zombie and Yonno entirely.

Most of the current staff team fails to lead both RP example and/or even rule-following example. There have been unfortunate times where staff have done some pretty questionable shit in front of even newcomers which is a complete joke if you are looking for a mature and rule-following community. It's a shame I didn't get these situations recorded. Not just that, but the way staff deal with situations nowadays is completely ridiculous and it's actually hard to find staff that aren't biased and deals with a situation both seriously and in a way that teaches both parties. It's a good job that Captain Barry has finally been promoted.

And server/gamemode optimization is another huge factor. The main reason why I started the other discussion for FL to change map was because of all the things listed above. We needed a smaller, more optimized map that favoured all types of roleplay. And people agreed and staff finally listened to these types of threads and decided it was time to switch map. And then the community choose Pines? Are you kidding me? We're looking for a smaller, more optimized map than FL which suited all types of RP and would concentrate people together, causing more interactions, and people picked Pines to be the map which negates all the things listed above and totally eradicates AggressiveRP potential? Okay, sure! Great thinking. It's not just that, but more features to the gamemode make it even laggier and unstable. We can all agree that these little updates are nice, however don't do anything to the community long term, which is what the development team are unfortunately failing to do so at the moment - making updates which will indirectly attract people to FL.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 5 users Like Grape's post:
  • Yonno, konsta, Envy, Kryptic, Archer
(05-30-2018, 09:46 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: I agree with Zombie and Yonno entirely.

Most of the current staff team fails to lead both RP example and/or even rule-following example. There have been unfortunate times where staff have done some pretty questionable shit in front of even newcomers which is a complete joke if you are looking for a mature and rule-following community. It's a shame I didn't get these situations recorded. Not just that, but the way staff deal with situations nowadays is completely ridiculous and it's actually hard to find staff that aren't biased and deals with a situation both seriously and in a way that teachers both parties. It's a good job that Captain Barry has finally been promoted.

And server/gamemode optimization is another huge factor. The main reason why I started the other discussion for FL to change map was because of all the things listed above. We needed a smaller, more optimized map that favoured all types of roleplay. And people agreed and staff finally listened to these types of threads and decided it was time to switch map. And then the community choose Pines? Are you kidding me? We're looking for a smaller, more optimized map than FL which suited all types of RP and would concentrate people together, causing more interactions, and people picked Pines to be the map which negates all the things listed above and totally eradicates AggressiveRP potential? Okay, sure! Great thinking. It's not just that, but more features to the gamemode make it even laggier and unstable. We can all agree that these little updates are nice, however don't do anything to the community long term, which is what the development team are unfortunately failing to do so at the moment - making updates which will indirectly attract people to FL.

You basically summed up every argument of the Pine vs. V2D, we all tried to explain why Pine is a bad choice yet half of FL & Soulripper decided to shoot their own foot. They didn't listen to us so I'm not expecting for them to listen to you.
The following 3 users Like konsta's post:
  • Grape, Envy, Falcon
(05-30-2018, 09:41 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:40 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:32 PM)Yonno Wrote: In my eyes FL can only truly be "revived" if it would actually be optimized at some point.

Updates are all nice and dandy, but they only make people come back for short term. Taking the map change as an example, it will only attract old/ potential new players on a short term basis. We need to indirectly motivate people to play on the servers. A neat gameplay update is nice for a while, up to the point where it's no longer new, and just part of the potential "FL routine".

Optimization however, would indirectly make people enjoy playing more, as they would not be annoyed by walking around the city with below 20 FPS, it's simply frustrating and does not leave a positive impact/ motivation whatsoever, for anyone, especially not when you are for example in the middle of a raid and you potentially lose a gunfight due to the FPS.

While I understand that it's easy to say "oh just optimize the gamemode", I personally strongly believe that the focus should be in that direction in regards to development.

I say FL needs to motivate people, encourage people and promote to play aggressive RP, as much as some people hate aggressive RP but it will truly bring FL back to its glory and charm. FL lost a lot of aggressive rp players and because of that, FL is losing players and has less players than LL, because LL has better and more aggressive RP than FL has.

They should start with reverting all gun changes

I think they should do more than that, remove some of the rules that were added half a year ago against corridors or any rules against basing and plus let the Police equip their own weapons, not from a gun locker.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Falcon
(05-30-2018, 09:52 PM)Zombie Wrote:

Most of the current staff team fails to lead both RP example and/or even rule-following example. There have been unfortunate times where staff have done some pretty questionable shit in front of even newcomers which is a complete joke if you are looking for a mature and rule-following community. It's a shame I didn't get these situations recorded. Not just that, but the way staff deal with situations nowadays is completely ridiculous and it's actually hard to find staff that aren't biased and deals with a situation both seriously and in a way that teachers both parties. It's a good job that Captain Barry has finally been promoted.

You basically summed up every argument of the Pine vs. V2D, we all tried to explain why Pine is a bad choice yet half of FL & Soulripper decided to shoot their own foot. They didn't listen to us so I'm not expecting for them to listen to you.

You're saying that but people didn't want the map to change, and I made a thread about it and viola... Pines! Absolute joke.

Seriously though, these people need to wake up. Half of the staff team is a joke, half these updates are a joke, and people sit there all happy about it with a fake smile on their face.

I know I am being harsh, but it's the brute truth. Most of the community aren't happy about what's going on... so why sit there and act like it's all gucci? It makes no sense. We need to act.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 2 users Like Grape's post:
  • konsta, Kryptic
(05-30-2018, 09:56 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 09:52 PM)Zombie Wrote:

-snip-
Seriously though, these people need to wake up. Half of the staff team is a joke, half updates are a joke, and people sit there all 
-snip-

I still can't get over the fact that clocks were added
Instead of saying that this and that is a joke. Explain why. Explain what could be done better. That is the only way to move anything forward, simply stating that A,B and C is bad is not very helpful Smile
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
Just like to point out the fact that Gmod still averages the same out of players now as to 2015. There is not that much of a difference, So any argument saying that Gmod is dying is invalid.
[Image: f3c3dd0e107eb24160c569211d0197e7.png]
[Image: 55b6d9c5c3038b13fe1bd86c3dec0f20.png]
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 2 users Like Envy's post:
  • Kryptic, Archer