Unban Appeal
Your name: WhirlWind

Your ban ID: 80262

Steam ID: [b]STEAM_0:1:41285111[/b]

Reason: Switching jobs to avoid arrest

Staff member who banned you: [FL:T] Captain Barry

Reason why you should be unbanned: 

Before I got banned I'd became a police officer and proceeded to patrol around the city. I was then pulled up by my then Sergeant (Enzyme) and the President (Kurdayeti) both in a cruiser together. They told me about my apparent failure to patrol correctly/park correctly while in the city which then lead to a demotion by them. I then switched jobs to citizen as I know I'd end up like that anyway. 

I know this seems like I was attempting bypassing the cooldown timer you get from a demotion but I had no further intention of becoming a part of the government as (when the ban was issued) I was going around in my Civilian Dodge Charger with the job name "Thug".

I was also not brung to an admin sit at the time and was unaware of the situation, and I feel I could've given my side of the story at that point rather than being banned out of the blue.
[Image: mWosdii.png]
Hello Whirlwind, I'll do my best to explain as to how I came to the decision to ban you, as well as the decision to not bring you to a sit.

If you take a look at the bans and blacklist page there was a lot of rulebreakers yesterday and I was the only staff member online at the time.
As you can imagine it is very overwhelming to have call after call come in, with everyone complaining left right at centre that nothing is being done.  So I would want to avoid spending too much time on one request.

I got a call saying you had switched jobs to avoid arrest, so I naturally look at the logs and after few minutes reading I come across this:

Spoiler :
v5p [17:40:20] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) said: I've not even been driving.
v5p [17:40:27] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) said: I drove in just now and that's it.
v5p [17:40:36] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) said: Whatever.
v5p [17:40:41] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) said: Have fun with one officer.
v5p [17:40:50] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) said: You're both corrupt
v5p [17:41:05] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) said: .// You're telling me to RP
v5p [17:41:08] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) said: .// Rich coming from you
v5p [17:41:16] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) used command: team 10.00
v5p [17:41:23] WhirlWind (STEAM_0:1:41285111) has spawned as Citizen

Now as you can see, it's a very incriminating timeline of events. You disagree with another police officer, call them corrupt, then switch jobs.
The @ call I received claimed you switched jobs to avoid arrest, which would suggest the other officer you were disagreeing with was intent on arresting you as he was corrupt, which you even stated in-character.

You even admit in this unban-request that you intentionally switched jobs to avoid roleplay, so a ban was given.
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
I only changed my job to Citizen as I knew I'd be demoted anyway and didn't want to play on the Government further; to my mind the conversation between my Sergeant (and any further role-play) was over.
[Image: mWosdii.png]
How were you to know what the Sergeant's intentions where?
You should have checked with the Sergeant to see if he had finished his roleplay before you switched jobs.
You have purposely left a roleplay before its conclusion by switching jobs, and I see no reason for the ban to be removed.
I will be requesting an administrator to conclude this in 24 hours so if you have anything else you wish to add to this un-ban request please do within the next 24 hours.
Failed to respond, moved.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]