the swastika
its not even offensive though is it? you actually have to try to be offended by a swastika in 2018.

especially if you're neither jewish or german
The following 1 user Likes fieldy's post:
  • sebasti161
It is still a symbol used by those who murdered over 6 million people in cold blood and those who still defend them
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Lewwings
Yup I'd say it's still pretty offensive. Showing a swastika is essentially showing support for Hitler & The Nazi Party and all the dirty deeds they did
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 3 users Like Marty's post:
  • Archer, juicyorange, Lewwings
While we do live in a society nowadays where many people grow emotionally invulnerable to either historical moments or current events, you got to realize this community doesn't necessarily condone people making fun of said events.

Have some respect and think about the people around you.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Lewwings
Yes it is offensive as it’s a symbol for hate.

It was not only jews and germans that were victims of WW2, imagine how hard your country fought for its independence and what it was like to live in my country under nazi control, it’s distespectful to ignore all of that.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Archer, Lewwings
(05-25-2018, 04:37 PM)Marty Wrote: Yup I'd say it's still pretty offensive. Showing a swastika is essentially showing support for Hitler & The Nazi Party and all the dirty deeds they did

the sanskrit swastika is a sign for peace and wellbeing though. at no point did i agree with the nazi's actions and posting a crude image does not represent my opinion.

if anything, im not making light of the 6 million jews that died, im making fun of the people that stupidly put the plan to do so into action 

maybe if i posted a picture of hitler and a swastika and said "YEA I SUPPORT THESE" maybe you could be offended but i didnt - to be offended you also need some form of emotional attachment to the issue and i guarantee very little people here have that.

also this is the fucking internet, if you dont agree with something theres nothing stopping you from walking away and not crying about it
The following 1 user Likes fieldy's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
(05-25-2018, 04:55 PM)Jan Wrote: Yes it is offensive as it’s a symbol for hate.

"The swastika is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon used commonly in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism."
wear a swastika outside and see how long you last before your nose is broken
The following 2 users Like juicyorange's post:
  • Lewwings, Iraqi Eagle
(05-25-2018, 05:18 PM)juicyorange Wrote: wear a swastika outside and see how long you last before your nose is broken

but this isnt the outside?
(05-25-2018, 05:02 PM)fieldy Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 04:55 PM)Jan Wrote: Yes it is offensive as it’s a symbol for hate.

"The swastika is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon used commonly in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism."

yet it was used by Nazis, its origins do not matter
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Lewwings