UBR: Aspire - Forum Account
Posting on behalf of Aspire - All words are his own.

Your name: Aspire

Your SteamID: N/A - Forum Account

Your ban ID: N/A Forum Account

Banned by: DVN

Reason: Directly targeting users with disrespectful comments after being directly warned in a PR against himself by me/[Image: 13b5e2219e624b7fa860a52df62cd378.png]

Involved:

Dear Fearless Staff,
Please find below my appeal to my recent punishment, I would like to put forward my defence with the intention to assist the banning staff member in making what I believe is the just decision. 
The suspected rule infractions took place on the 'EvoCity Labour party' group page. Jan had made an IC post with the intention to defame the organisation and my player's character. So I responded with an in-character message that seems to have been perceived as OOC and is said to have caused offence. 
I would like you to take some time to revisit this case and revise the conclusion.

The message that is said to have caused offence I have a screenshot of but I shall not re-post it to avoid any added implications.
My message speaks In Character about Evo City and the Camorro family no longer being relevant. Now I have several screenshots of my conversation with DVN, where he tells me I have been banned due to not replying to his question on dm's, I tell him he is not an admin on dms and that if he wants to speak to me officially with regard to the topic he can.
He refuses to speak to me officially.

The fact that he had to clarify with me as to it's context or whether it was IC or OOC shows he had doubts, yet you punished me regardless. I would also like to state for the record that I hadn't seen your response the PR on myself before I posted my response.
I would also like to state that I feel it is grossly unfair that in the player report raised by Shalom on myself, multiple experienced users that were not involved (Archer and Jan) were only given verbal warning as the congregated and took the opportunity to attack me. It is common practice and has been for a long time that when someone post when not involved in a courthouse thread they receive a 50% warning, both players are experienced but are given the benefit of the doubt. Yet when I post my in-character response, I am spoken to by the same staff member in PMs who tried to trick me.  I am given a ban. I don't feel as if I am being treated very fairly.

Sincerely,

Aspire
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
Hi Aspire,

I will respond to the main comments that I believe you've got the wrong idea on or have jumped to a conclusion on.

"So I responded with an in-character message that seems to have been perceived as OOC and is said to have caused offence."

You referred to Lewwings OOC stating his name twice in the comments you made in regards to his actions which were stating you were forced out of the clan. I had previously warned you in the Shlomo report you quoted above not to directly disrespect anymore users from here on out in an OOC manner. Lewwings is not his IC name.

"Now I have several screenshots of my conversation with DVN, where he tells me I have been banned due to not replying to his question on dm's, I tell him he is not an admin on dms and that if he wants to speak to me officially with regard to the topic he can."

The ban reason is not because what you have stated, this is a clear lie because you have put the ban reason in this UBR yourself. May I remind you that lying in the Courthouse is an extremely serious offence. I spoke to you via Discord PM and although I hold no power in that chat I was contacting you regarding the server and your behaviour. I had the respect to go out of my way and contact you regarding your comment to confirm whether it was IC or OOC even though it quoted Lewwings in his OOC name.

Spoiler :
[Image: 9rZlCol.png]

The above image shows your response after I asked you to explain your comments. Since you believed you would incriminate yourself this gave me further reason to believe these comments were OOC and you didn't want to face your punishment as you knew you were in the wrong. You can also see the red box at the end where I clearly state what you were banned for in regards to you lying saying I said something else.

"I would also like to state that I feel it is grossly unfair that in the player report raised by Shalom on myself, multiple experienced users that were not involved (Archer and Jan) were only given verbal warning as the congregated and took the opportunity to attack me. It is common practice and has been for a long time that when someone post when not involved in a courthouse thread they receive a 50% warning, both players are experienced but are given the benefit of the doubt."

First of all there is no such thing as 'common practice' when it comes to handing out punishments for staff members. Each case is treated as a sole case. In this case the users that commented were confused and believed they were involved with the case. This was not the case and I removed their comments and informed them, they didn't purposely post to cause hassle or problems, they posted as they believe they were involved and experienced the same issues with you.

For the above reasons I believe your ban was completely valid and fair, but if you wish to respond please feel free to do so.
I think my input may be needed in this UBR.

Aspire, I fail to see why you deserve to be unbanned after all the trouble you created and highly doubt that you won't continue it after this ban expires.

Your behaviour has been rather toxic and argumentative and taking an IC forums situation from Camorro and turning it into a personal attack OOC was not acceptable.

There was no need for it, but you did it anyway. I think the ban should remain.

Thank you.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Posting on behalf of Aspire

(05-22-2018, 06:10 PM)DVN Wrote: Hi Aspire,

I will respond to the main comments that I believe you've got the wrong idea on or have jumped to a conclusion on.

"So I responded with an in-character message that seems to have been perceived as OOC and is said to have caused offence."

You referred to Lewwings OOC stating his name twice in the comments you made in regards to his actions which were stating you were forced out of the clan. I had previously warned you in the Shlomo report you quoted above not to directly disrespect anymore users from here on out in an OOC manner. Lewwings is not his IC name.

"Now I have several screenshots of my conversation with DVN, where he tells me I have been banned due to not replying to his question on dm's, I tell him he is not an admin on dms and that if he wants to speak to me officially with regard to the topic he can."

The ban reason is not because what you have stated, this is a clear lie because you have put the ban reason in this UBR yourself. May I remind you that lying in the Courthouse is an extremely serious offence. I spoke to you via Discord PM and although I hold no power in that chat I was contacting you regarding the server and your behaviour. I had the respect to go out of my way and contact you regarding your comment to confirm whether it was IC or OOC even though it quoted Lewwings in his OOC name.

Lewwings is his IC nickname, I was speaking IC. [Image: 0113042646a9a4bb4b7dacd33fa32312.png]
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
Denied

Concluding notes

Since as shown in the proof above you didn't want to incriminate yourself this leads me to believe you directed the comments OOC'ly. Lewwings has confirmed that although the name wasn't updated on the clan thread his IC name on the server at the time of your post was different, and had been different a while prior to you making those comments.