"This Is America" thoughts?
Hi guys,

I think most of you have already seen the video but I wanted to create a discussion on Childish Gambino's newest song "This Is America".
Here's the video for those that haven't seen it yet.

I personally think it's amazing when artists can spark these kind of conversations worldwide with their creations, and I myself love the music video with all its symbolism as well as the general vibe.
What are your thoughts on the music video, what kind of message do you think it's trying to convey and what is your opinion on said message?
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The song itself for me isn't great, but when partnered with the video I feel like it's complete expression throughout which is cool. You can get an idea of exactly what he's hinting to in today's America which I feel is extremely clever and I like how he's not afraid to bring a huge amount of exposure to controversial subjects.
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Nudelsalat, Pollux
Donald Glover is one great man. The level of his talent to perform as an Actor, Comedian, Writer, Director, Producer and now this! I really like the song and the contrast throughout with the choir singing. I also finding myself watching the music video almost every hour its that good. He is the only Donald in the US that actually knows what they are doing.
Not my favourite type of music but I've still watched the video several times, there's just so much going on it you can't really catch it all watching it once.
His earlier stuff was waaaaayyyy better, this song was nothing special. He probably won't ever get better than because the internet, awaken my love had some bangers too.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
The Dancing with the kids : Media Try to blind us with dancing and positive thoughts

The chaos in the background: What really happend in the real world out there

Overall:
Song:6/10
Video:10/10
A +REP per day keep my rope away

[Image: save_me.jpg]