ACTA
Can anyone give a summary of the acta. It's for my history current event. I would also like like how it impacted th country and what i(you) think of iT

Keep it school appropriete
Look at the first post.. There's a video.
BUT who watns to write it
I don't want to be rude, but StillAlive... are you fucking retarded, or are you just trolling?

CP: Here's a summary:
Everything you do on the internet - EVERYTHING - will be monitored and risks you going to prison. Even if you use a copyrighted image in a PowerPoint presentation, probably your Physics homework or something, and send it to a friend, ACTA makes you, and your friend, a criminal; or if you record yourself playing a cover of a copyrighted song and upload it to YouTube - the next cover you'll find is a dirty, worn one on your prison bed, because of ACTA.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(01-27-2012, 06:49 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: I don't want to be rude, but StillAlive... are you fucking retarded, or are you just trolling?

CP: Here's a summary:
Everything you do on the internet - EVERYTHING - will be monitored and risks you going to prison. Even if you use a copyrighted image in a PowerPoint presentation, probably your Physics homework or something, and send it to a friend, ACTA makes you, and your friend, a criminal; or if you record yourself playing a cover of a copyrighted song and upload it to YouTube - the next cover you'll find is a dirty, worn one on your prison bed, because of ACTA.

Alright calm down. 1. Yes, I am fucking retarded 2. I didn't watch the video or anything else when I wrote the first comments.

Then after researching and alot of other stuff I of course made the conclusion that SOPA/PIPA/ACTA whatever is... Quite shit stuff, so to say. So now I know what it's actually about and all that. I've been following almost all activity from it since this thread got made so.

In the start I just thought it was some kind of nice anti piracy thing, and those who complained were just people who doesn't want to pay for their stuff.
But it goes beyond that, as we all know.
(01-27-2012, 12:23 PM)CHOCOLATEPERVE Wrote: BUT who watns to write it

Write it yourself, all the info you need is right there, it's not hard, it's like 5 minutes writing, even less even if you're quick. If you can't manage 5 minutes of writing you won't manage shite in college/uni.
it has to be 2 pages
Then get writing son.
The following 1 user Likes Toby's post:
  • DerStorm
Hope you guys know that this has been signed in october 2011, and it most likely won't be stopped. Even if it were stopped in the US it won't matter around the world. As most other countries will be passing it by atleast 2013. This shit has been in the works since like 2006, and all this resistance now all of a sudden isn't going to make much of a difference. Even if you get support from the senate to not get this through (which you won't get their support anyway) Obama doesn't even need permission from the senate or house to pass it. Sorry fellas, it's pretty much hopeless. First the Patriot Act gets passed, then NDAA, and now this. The US is really turning into Nazi Germany like many people have predicted in the past.

"The countries signed the treaty, which aims to harmonise copyright enforcement across much of the world, in Tokyo on Thursday. However, the signatures of the EU member states and the EU itself will count for nothing unless the European Parliament gives its approval to ACTA in June, and digital activists have urged citizens to lobby their MEPs against voting yes." http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/networking/2...-40094914/ "
Not in America its not Smile
Obama said he refuses to sign anything which limits our freedom of expression.
Saw it today when I was researching my SOPA paper.

After the Wikipedia blackout and everything else, he realized what he is dealing with, and who he is dealing with.