Poll: What should the new map be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
v2d_sexy_v3
32.08%
85 32.08%
V4B1
5.66%
15 5.66%
Pines City
47.17%
125 47.17%
V5P
1.51%
4 1.51%
Original V2D
13.58%
36 13.58%
Total 265 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NEW MAP
(05-07-2018, 06:31 PM)Tomo Wrote: Right, i'm fed up of reading reels and reels of persuasive opinions about the maps when in actual fact, everyone's opinions are different. 

So here's the facts. I've spent a few hours measuring the map and counting the buildings etc. I am still undecided so I have made this as factual and unbiased as possible, to help myself decide and I thought I'd share it here for anyone else who just wants some raw facts before choosing a map.

[Image: 8eae9ae394f426aa552e576f08a6f93f.png]

Take from this what you wish.

Would be nice if we can get this on the OP or somewhere so it won't get buried. So from this, both maps are very similar in total size but pine has a bigger city with fewer buildings. I think the biggest factor is that it's a circuit rather than V2D that just has deadends at every turn.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-07-2018, 06:52 PM)Sparx Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 06:38 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 06:35 PM)Sparx Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 06:30 PM)JackZ Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 06:20 PM)Sparx Wrote: At the end of the day, we're not the ones bullying people into voting for a map that they don't want to, and as for saying we're acting 'like a bunch of girls' for wanting a map that doesn't look depressing and bland - grow up.

'Bullying people into voting' everyone i've changed the mind of i've explained how v2d is better and they've realised -
also, feast your eyes on this Sparx! -
SCREENSHOT TAKEN FROM SOMEBODY WHO SENT A MESSAGE REPLY REGARDING SPARX' AND THE MAP SITUATION - 

[Image: 4a106f6f4a.png]

Damn and i'm the one pressuring people?...

You wan't a map for aesthetics, The men want a map that's actually useful.

I understand how it feels to be the Underdog Sparx, i really do. You're just going to have to deal with it.

You know what, you're right. I did heavily encourage a few people to vote for Pines, but there's a difference between that and going around insulting people, saying they're just arselicks for voting against your preference.

Can we get some proof with that statement, if not its just miss-information and unfair to say the basis v2d is winning because people are calling people 'arselicks'.

I'm not saying that V2D is winning because people are calling other arselicks, I never said that. All I'm saying is that I have heard from a few people that this name calling has happened to them, and I think that it's a shame. I'm not trying to start a flame war, was just stating what I had heard. 

EDIT: Messaged Jack on PM, nothing against the guy - we're having a good discussion dw

Sometimes things get a little heated but Sparx knows i feel the same.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Pollux
How can their be 280 replies on a thread within 24 hours on such a lovely sunny bank holiday? 

Glad nobody is wasting anytime arguing pointlessly
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 7 users Like MrFinnConlon's post:
  • sebasti161, Pollux, Andrew Juniperfield, Tomo, jhayw, Random, Blurr
(05-07-2018, 06:31 PM)Tomo Wrote: Right, i'm fed up of reading reels and reels of persuasive opinions about the maps when in actual fact, everyone's opinions are different. 

So here's the facts. I've spent a few hours measuring the map and counting the buildings etc. I am still undecided so I have made this as factual and unbiased as possible, to help myself decide and I thought I'd share it here for anyone else who just wants some raw facts before choosing a map.

Can we get this put on the main post as its factual and not bias.

Thanks,
The following 2 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Pollux, sebasti161
(05-07-2018, 06:57 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Would be nice if we can get this on the OP or somewhere so it won't get buried. So from this, both maps are very similar in total size but pine has a bigger city with fewer buildings. I think the biggest factor is that it's a circuit rather than V2D just has deadends at every turn.

These 'deadends' allow every RP to be noticed.

I like that. Thanks
(05-07-2018, 07:03 PM)Jackz Wrote: These 'deadends' allow every RP to be noticed.

I guess the tradeoff is that pursuits are almost always going to result in the police getting you, especially now that spikes are quite heavily used. I am still quite worried about how "doomforty" some places on evocity_sexy are (MTL, Cave, Nexus and UM especially). I also really like the fact that the tunnels have railings on Pines.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-07-2018, 07:09 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 07:03 PM)Jackz Wrote: These 'deadends' allow every RP to be noticed.

I guess the tradeoff is that pursuits are almost always going to result in the police getting you, especially now that spikes are quite heavily used. I am still quite worried about how "doomforty" some places on evocity_sexy are (MTL, Cave, Nexus and UM especially). I also really like the fact that the tunnels have railings on Pines.

Pursuits will almost always result in you finding it hard not to get caught, but that just makes things more fun.

In all honesty if you're a good driver you can get away from Police easily as v2d sexy has really good FPS rates.
Wait so according to the statistics, Pines will be even more laggy than v5p? Hoooollllyyyyyy
Pines or V4b1

(I am still away for a while but....)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:46554285&b=8]