Poll: What should the new map be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
v2d_sexy_v3
32.08%
85 32.08%
V4B1
5.66%
15 5.66%
Pines City
47.17%
125 47.17%
V5P
1.51%
4 1.51%
Original V2D
13.58%
36 13.58%
Total 265 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NEW MAP
(05-07-2018, 12:14 AM)Arny Wrote: Where the fuck is the yacht going to go on V2D. Its more like a pond than a lake...

Remove it, it's pointeless.
The following 2 users Like User 12049's post:
  • sebasti161, Nudelsalat
More fun has occured on v2d than any other map on FL and that's just straight #FACTS.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • sebasti161
(05-07-2018, 12:15 AM)JackZ Wrote: More fun has occured on v2d than any other map on FL and that's just straight #FACTS.

So you're saying more RP occured on a map FL had for serveral years compared to the rest which have been less populated, are newer or haven't even been used on FL yet?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-07-2018, 12:17 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 12:15 AM)JackZ Wrote: More fun has occured on v2d than any other map on FL and that's just straight #FACTS.

So you're saying more RP occured on a map FL had for serveral years compared to the rest which have been less populated, are newer or haven't even been used on FL yet?

V2D was a more compact server which meant there was more community integration.  This doesn't occur on V5P as the map is too wide and everyone is spreadout.

The same will occur with Pines.
(05-07-2018, 12:04 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 11:55 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 11:50 PM)JackZ Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 11:46 PM)Fultz Wrote: The main reason I want a map change is because I think v2p is too large for the current player base.

Pine is a good looking map dont get me wrong. But its going in the wrong direction. There is too much open space and buildings that are never going to be used.

Call v2d ugly as much as you want. But v2d is optimal with more than plenty of space to use for any rp you want.

Why do all the old, more experienced players wan't v2d? Because they know what's best.

Because you guys are stuck with your nostaligic feeling of when FL used to have three servers and V2D used to be extremely popular? I used to play back then too, I really don't want to go back. Your reasoning has been extremely poor for why exactly you like V2D and you've just resorted to attacking those who don't vote for it.

[Image: 02484a552e.png]

For someone so confident in your statements I find it amazing you're not voting for V5P considering you voted for that originally.

We've been in here for a long time, we know the shit the works. 

V2D works, not Pines.

Yes, I made the same mistake back then as all of you are now. I used to LOVE V2P a ton and played it mostly back when it was a thing. I realised that it's a very big possibility we may play on it again and as such voted for it, just remembering all the fun I used to have on it before. There's a reason that map died and a reason V2D died, I am not making the same mistake again and don't want everyone else to. We were promised better FPS on V5P and look what we have now - the FPS is going to be poor regardless of map, it's the gamemode where the issue lies. It's not really that big of a factor everyone is making it out to be.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
To be honest, if the original V2D was on here I would vote for it, V2D_sexy looks really dull and ugly IMO.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
(05-07-2018, 12:15 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 12:14 AM)Arny Wrote: Where the fuck is the yacht going to go on V2D. Its more like a pond than a lake...

Remove it, it's pointeless.

Uhhhhh, nah.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(05-07-2018, 12:19 AM)Panda Wrote: To be honest, if the original V2D was on here I would vote for it, V2D_sexy looks really dull and ugly IMO.
It will be configured properly before put on the server.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • sebasti161
(05-07-2018, 12:19 AM)Panda Wrote: To be honest, if the original V2D was on here I would vote for it, V2D_sexy looks really dull and ugly IMO.

It’s honestly just a few new attachements, job done!
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
Although I haven't played in a few months, I still feel as if I'm entitled to my opinion on this as I'll hopefully be returning soon.

I feel as if V2D is the way forward, even though most of you see it as a step back. The common complaint I noticed while playing, and when looking at the forums frequently has been that rp is rare, aggressive RP has taken a hit, there's nowhere to passive RP as there's not enough players etc etc, well for one, I feel that an updated V2D will solve this problem. This is based on a few reasons just off the top of my big fat head, one reason would be that in V2D RP is more concentrated, the city is smaller, and therefore there will be more passive RP's concentrated beside each other (Shops etc) and therefore allow for further interaction between players. Secondly, older players will come back, possibly not for a long time, but I can assure you that some older friends 'n' foes will come back for a period of time to play on their beloved V2D, where they learnt to role-play on. Thirdly, V2D has space for aggressive RP and passive RP to run close enough together, but far enough apart. Many players will have a range of dupes to use for both aggressive RP and passive RP already made, and therefore integrating into a new map will also be more efficient and smooth for the player-base.

V2D may not be your choice, and I know for previous map discussions in the past it hasn't been mine, but with limited numbers actually roleplaying now, having a closer concentration of RP can only be good for FL, and I don't see any adverse effects of adding this map.

Edit: Also agreeing with previous points that map testing should be used, after all, although my current vote is V2D or the updated V2D, the actual outcome cannot be judged by the crystal ball that we all hold, and testing will be the only way to know the true opinion of everyone after they've played on the maps.
The following 4 users Like Mustang's post:
  • , JackZ, Grape, Wolven