Ban Lengths
Hello All,

In no way am I trying to start any arguments, just a healthy discussion.

I don't believe this discussion breaches any rules but in the event it does it will be modified to keep to the rules.

I feel there is a recurring issue with the difference in ban lengths.

I will use Dr.Methodize and girl licker as the test subjects.

Dr.methodize lied during the sit for about 20 minutes. He made multiple claims saying it wasn't fear rp. He disconnected on purpose and insulted the server during the sit. He broke fear rp massively. For doing this he received a 2 week ban.

Girl licker called someone short and apologised profoundly. 
She was given a year ban.

The reason I am posting this is because multiple people have been banned for a long period of time for minor things and yet certain individuals are given near to immunity for multiple purposeful rule breakages.

How is this fair?

I believe the time where admins can shove any length of ban on someone should be over. There should be restrictions. Because at the moment it is so random.(get the joke?)

Does anyone else see it the same way as me and many others who have shared these views with me?

Let the people speak, let us share our views.
The following 2 users Like Aspire's post:
  • Weezy_, Archer
While I do think admins should have the overall decision-I think some ban lenghts are ridiculous indeed.
However I see no efficient way with which this can be fixed
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
To be fair, I didn't just call him short, it was jokes. I don't know if that helps the point or not, but just putting that out there.

On other terms, maybe a more professional way of handling bans would be better, because of obvious reasons. I think my ban was handled weird, wrongly and unfairly. I have more to say on this subject but generally, good points. If someone is disrupting or actually getting in the way of staff/people's gameplay, then it should deem worse than something that legit isn't a rule break (Random didn't give me ToS or player disrespect, which are the two closest rule breaks i could find to " constant harrassment").

I don't honestly think anything will change, and I doubt anyone reading this or your post will think we're anything other than minges. I do think that a good solution would be to have a more involved staff team- instead of having the banning staff take care of the UBR, possibly having discussions and/or mandatory two opinions on a UBR.
[Image: af3857de11424379366ffb495e119d66_2.png?w...height=425]
forum married to spanks and exothicc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following 2 users Like girllicker5000's post:
  • Ethan Bradberry, sebasti161
The first ban seems completely just. The person has over 1100 hours, 8 previous bans and fearRP breakage isn't exactly minor. I don't see how you can say it's unfair.

There should not be restrictions. Bans are all decided by different factors such as experience, honesty, hours, previous bans and blacklists. Restrictions just would not work as each case is different.
The following 1 user Likes Ethan Bradberry's post:
  • Lewwings
(05-06-2018, 12:46 AM)Ethan Bradberry Wrote: The first ban seems completely just. The person has over 1100 hours, 8 previous bans and fearRP breakage isn't exactly minor. I don't see how you can say it's unfair.

There should not be restrictions. Bans are all decided by different factors such as experience, honesty, hours, previous bans and blacklists. Restrictions just would not work as each case is different.

I think his point is that my ban was needlesly long when what I did was almost nothing in comparison and therefore should be shorter even than the first examples. Correct me if i am wrong though
forum married to spanks and exothicc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(05-06-2018, 12:50 AM)girllicker5000 Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 12:46 AM)Ethan Bradberry Wrote: The first ban seems completely just. The person has over 1100 hours, 8 previous bans and fearRP breakage isn't exactly minor. I don't see how you can say it's unfair.

I think his point is that my ban was needlesly long when what I did was almost nothing in comparison and therefore should be shorter even than the first examples. Correct me if i am wrong though

He said that "multiple people have been banned for a long period of time for minor things" so it's pretty clear he was referring to his examples, which at least one of was just. Don't have enough knowledge about your ban to make a judgement on it.
The following 1 user Likes Ethan Bradberry's post:
  • girllicker5000
(05-06-2018, 12:55 AM)Ethan Bradberry Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 12:50 AM)girllicker5000 Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 12:46 AM)Ethan Bradberry Wrote: The first ban seems completely just. The person has over 1100 hours, 8 previous bans and fearRP breakage isn't exactly minor. I don't see how you can say it's unfair.

He said that "multiple people have been banned for a long period of time for minor things" so it's pretty clear he was referring to his examples, which at least one of was just. Don't have enough knowledge about your ban to make a judgement on it.

Id say hes comparing because his first ex he seems to try to use exaggerated language on or smth (idk how to explain it hope it makes sense) to make it seem like the first example was to show an unjustified ban, the fact that maybe it was too short. But hey its Aspire's word so ill wait a clarification
I was comparing the 2 without comparing them if you get me.
I personally feel 2 weeks was very short for a guy who lied so much and dcd during sit
The following 2 users Like Aspire's post:
  • girllicker5000, Lewwings