Poll: Should there be a map switch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
88.52%
54 88.52%
No.
11.48%
7 11.48%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should FL Change Map?
(05-05-2018, 09:31 AM)Captain Barry Wrote: The reason why the last attempt at reviving v2d failed is because of player presence. People wanted to play on v2d, but when they saw the population at 0 and v5p with 40+, why would they join v2d on their own? Unless they were contra whoring of course.
It's the same thing in every walk of human life. You want to do one thing, but everyone else is doing another thing, so you go with them because you want to be with them. It takes several people to go against the flow before other's start to follow.
There just wasn't enough people going against the flow to get the ball rolling.

This is exactly my opinion. People use the excuse: ''v2d came back recently and proved to do terrible.'' This is a ludicrous excuse to use as to why v2d didn't work recently. It was an endless loop of a few people joining V5P (because that's what was simply in their history) then because a few people joined V5P, the admins then joined V5P, then more people joined, etc. There were various times when v2d did actually do well when it recently returned. However, you'd be surprised how a few people that do not use the forums and join the last server they were on, can affect the number of people would be on the server by the end of the day.

So unless everyone in the community uses the forums, discord and is good friends with other community members, they will still logically play the server they were last on and thus creating the snowball effect by technically making others join that server itself.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Captain Barry
We could go on discussing this all day but the poll results are extremely clear, hopefully staff will pick this up and make a community poll, I am almost certain it will have the same result as this one.
I agree with everyone. Back when I first started playing FL. there were 3 servers. V2d, 33x and v2p. V2d/33x were always pretty much full and v2p half full normally. Nowadays you are lucky to the one map full. It’s sad, but we all need to accept the fact FL isn’t what it used to be. In my opinion V2d made FL.

#bringbackv2d
The following 3 users Like CorieTheNub's post:
  • Jan, Grape, Eclipze
I've always preferred v2d. Perfect size and a perfect amount of infrastructure present for all kinds of RP to take place.
The following 1 user Likes Kippsee's post:
  • Grape
When I first joined the community, the map in use was v4b1. The map was a decent size, and allowed for a decent amount of RP with still a decent amount of optimization. Then, one-hundred hours later, I was 'forced' to join V5P (the new map that came out) simply because everyone else left v4b1. At first, I hated it. The map was too incredibly large, it was extremely poorly optimized and was the first time I had played FL with a bad FPS.

However, I continued to play it since everyone else was.

After some time, I began to like V5P and thought it was even a good map. It served well for roleplays and was the map I reached to 1000 hours with and 9 RPP. I warmed up to the map, if you want to call it that. However, I no longer have the same feeling. I have returned to my original and gut feeling; that V5P is too big, spreads the community out way to much to the point that you hardly interact with anyone anymore, the FPS you get is horrible, etc, etc.

I missed the smaller, optimized map of which still allowed for an abundance of roleplay to take place.

I can only begin to imagine how the poor v2d-loving players feel like to be forced to play on a map like V5P. I'm truly sorry.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 2 users Like Grape's post:
  • Kippsee, Eclipze
While all has been said above I do want to make a point regarding V2D. I don't feel it's the right permanent change but I do believe it will be heavily beneficial to have the sole server running on V2D until we can find another map or a solution that will improve all the points stated above.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Luna
Hi guys, what are your opinions on this map?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1299936127

From the screenshots it may look as large as V5P but if you subscribe to it and have a look around you will see this is not actually the case, the city area is far smaller. It takes around 40 seconds less to get from the spawn point to the furthest point on the map than it does on V5P by range rover (50 seconds vs 1 minute 30)

The City has a small governmental building however instead of having floors such as the SRU offices and the courthouse which are hardly ever used, it has one large room for the President behind a guarded desk (Position for Nexus Desk Secretary) which IMO is a much better use of space.

Another two buildings that I frequently see empty on V5P are the offices (Minnesota & the one behind it that's really dark inside). Instead of countless offices with no windows out towards the city, Pines V2B has a large office building comprising two storeys with full floor to ceiling windows. I believe this could subconsciously increase the level of player interaction, as when walking through the city, you would be able to see others moving about above you etc. This 'large window' theme carries on into a lot of the buildings, in fact most of the structures on the map have them.

Oh, and the shops have shutters which is nothing to do with player interaction but I think it's a nice feature!

Anyway, that's just my take. Subscribe and let me know what you think?
The following 3 users Like [LT] Sparx's post:
  • DVN, Grape, Captain Barry
(05-05-2018, 10:11 AM)Sparx Wrote: Hi guys, what are your opinions on this map?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1299936127

From the screenshots it may look as large as V5P but if you subscribe to it and have a look around you will see this is not actually the case, the city area is far smaller. It takes around 40 seconds less to get from the spawn point to the furthest point on the map than it does on V5P by range rover (50 seconds vs 1 minute 30)

The City has a small governmental building however instead of having floors such as the SRU offices and the courthouse which are hardly ever used, it has one large room for the President behind a guarded desk (Position for Nexus Desk Secretary) which IMO is a much better use of space.

Another two buildings that I frequently see empty on V5P are the offices (Minnesota & the one behind it that's really dark inside). Instead of countless offices with no windows out towards the city, Pines V2B has a large office building comprising two storeys with full floor to ceiling windows. I believe this could subconsciously increase the level of player interaction, as when walking through the city, you would be able to see others moving about above you etc. This 'large window' theme carries on into a lot of the buildings, in fact most of the structures on the map have them.

Oh, and the shops have shutters which is nothing to do with player interaction but I think it's a nice feature!

Anyway, that's just my take. Subscribe and let me know what you think?

Personally, I think it's great.

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
(05-05-2018, 10:11 AM)Sparx Wrote: Map

This looks awesome!
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Ratatoskrr
(05-05-2018, 09:45 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: I can only begin to imagine how the poor v2d-loving players feel like to be forced to play on a map like V5P. I'm truly sorry.

It's ok rapefruit you were just one of the vunrable ones who has no control over the consequences 

But 9RpP fair play lad 
/Phone
The following 2 users Like god's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, Grape