Poll: Should there be a map switch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
88.52%
54 88.52%
No.
11.48%
7 11.48%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should FL Change Map?
I enjoyed v2d more than any other map, Every RP got noticed, constant interactions with different players - always had fun playing v2d.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle,
V2D -> Any other map.
The following 3 users Like Jan's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, , JackZ
(05-04-2018, 08:50 PM)Floodify Wrote: hahhahah for fuck sakes, give it a rest already

Every day that I talk to different members of the community, and I am talking every day, the conversation about a map change arises at least every twenty minutes. I created this discussion for members of the community to converse and argue their points of views and what map we could switch to if we should and why. This way we are all on the same page, rather than constantly arguing in private calls and channels.

So no, I won't give it a rest. And please, feel free to share your opinions and points on the matter.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(05-04-2018, 09:21 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 08:50 PM)Floodify Wrote: hahhahah for fuck sakes, give it a rest already

Every day that I talk to different members of the community, and I am talking every day, the conversation about a map change arises at least every twenty minutes. I created this discussion for members of the community to converse and argue their points of views and what map we could switch to if we should and why. This way we are all on the same page, rather than constantly arguing in private calls and channels.

So no, I won't give it a rest. And please, feel free to share your opinions and points on the matter.

From what I've heard the bloke only hangs about to keep his presence up so I doubt the maps really effect him.
The larger the player base, the larger the map so everyone has a position to be in. I’m sorry, but one day when b4b1 was down and v2d was still a thing, v2d was full for at least around a couple of hours, maybe more! It seems very few are interested in v2d tbh, like, try asking the entire FL community and I’m sure a lot are very fascinated in open world map series where there’s more activities and events happening.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(05-04-2018, 09:39 PM)Ofc. Jeff Wrote: The larger the player base, the larger the map so everyone has a position to be in. I’m sorry, but one day when b4b1 was down and v2d was still a thing, v2d was full for at least around a couple of hours, maybe more! It seems very few are interested in v2d tbh, like, try asking the entire FL community and I’m sure a lot are very fascinated in open world map series where there’s more activities and events happening.

There's barely "more activities and events", it'd be the same amount as on v2d its just more spread out on the latest maps because of the large map size. I would much rather a map where RP can be spread between two ends of the map and feel like the entire map is alive instead of little corners of a huge map being populated.
In all reality, the map should go back to v2d. Not because v2d is the better map, but because v2p is not a good map for the population size of FL.

The reason v2d died before was most of the older members of the community grew old of v2d and slowly began to migrate to v33x. If you go onto v2d nowadays, I still think its a good. The only negatives I have are, it is a one road system, the Nexus is poorly set up, and the lake is insanely far away.

I think v2d has the best in-city setup. It is condensed for high player interaction with a good amount of buildings to work with. Cub food allows you to create whenever you want in a build, flee market is just as good. This is somewhere v2p lacks in my opinion. If you look in the city of v2p, only 3 buildings get used. v2d they all get used.

The outside isnt as large as v2p, but that isn't needed at this point on FL and honestly MTL is better than v2p mtl, the UM is better than the industrial area on v2p.

+1 for v2d
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Grape, Iraqi Eagle, sebasti161,
(05-04-2018, 10:52 PM)Fultz Wrote: In all reality, the map should go back to v2d. Not because v2d is the better map, but because v2p is not a good map for the population size of FL.

The reason v2d died before was most of the older members of the community grew old of v2d and slowly began to migrate to v33x. If you go onto v2d nowadays, I still think its a good. The only negatives I have are, it is a one road system, the Nexus is poorly set up, and the lake is insanely far away.

I think v2d has the best in-city setup. It is condensed for high player interaction with a good amount of buildings to work with. Cub food allows you to create whenever you want in a build, flee market is just as good. This is somewhere v2p lacks in my opinion. If you look in the city of v2p, only 3 buildings get used. v2d they all get used.

The outside isnt as large as v2p, but that isn't needed at this point on FL and honestly MTL is better than v2p mtl, the UM is better than the industrial area on v2p.

+1 for v2d

I think v2d all in all better represents the FL community and players, a fair map with huge opportunity and potential. At the moment the majority of RP on FL is confined to 3 FPS gunfights and shops nobody will visit due to map size.

The vote at the top can be summed up as:

"Would you like FL to be what we all spent 1000's of hours on or just a big canvas with very little painting?"
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
(05-04-2018, 09:32 PM)Shlomo Wrote:

From what I've heard the bloke only hangs about to keep his presence up so I doubt the maps really effect him.

Because the past map changes has proven to be completely pointless and 2d was even offered again, did that work out? Constantly there has been talks of changing maps.. even after maps were changed.. do as noble of a mission you might think you are on; its pointless and no one is gonna be happy. 2d is not gonna work out since players are not idealist in their core but rather what feels fun for them in the spurr of the moment. This endless chatter about map just goes about the same way and whilst I can agree partly to what is being said, there really is no time that people will put this matter to rest no matter the outcome.

The community got what they wanted few times and proved the anticipation of fail right, without faults.. I have tried reforming in some ways, but the community shows what they want by the subconcious actions. 2d was available and no one played on it; and any attempts to revive it was of no avail. Should this not prove enough? Littletown was not a success because the community ultimately showed what they really wanted after they had given it a try. Shouldn't this be enough? 33x vs v5p showed that v5p won because it was more optimtized and more preferable, otherwise the change.. just like little town.. wouldn't of been permanent. This story continues.

You might think people are going to change, but they are not. It would mean you will have to force people onto a map.. which effectively would mean going against a part of the community and that is not of preference in thia daily age of FL and let's face it.. why juggle it all when mentioned options have just been failure?

Take me for a cynical, but some of your ideals are not founded in reality as proven countless of times - no matter how good the intentions are.

So yeah, this is why y'all should give it a rest and realize how pointless it all is.. otherwise the cycle just goes on.

Also who are you even shlomo? You obviously don't realize the effort in the map question I've had
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(05-04-2018, 11:28 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 09:32 PM)Shlomo Wrote:

Because the past map changes has proven to be completely pointless and 2d was even offered again, did that work out? Constantly there has been talks of changing maps.. even after maps were changed.. do as noble of a mission you might think you are on; its pointless and no one is gonna be happy. 2d is not gonna work out since players are not idealist in their core but rather what feels fun for them in the spurr of the moment. This endless chatter about map just goes about the same way and whilst I can agree partly to what is being said, there really is no time that people will put this matter to rest no matter the outcome.

The community got what they wanted few times and proved the anticipation of fail right, without faults.. I have tried reforming in some ways, but the community shows what they want by the subconcious actions. 2d was available and no one played on it; and any attempts to revive it was of no avail. Should this not prove enough? Littletown was not a success because the community ultimately showed what they really wanted after they had given it a try. Shouldn't this be enough? 33x vs v5p showed that v5p won because it was more optimtized and more preferable, otherwise the change.. just like little town.. wouldn't of been permanent. This story continues.

You might think people are going to change, but they are not. It would mean you will have to force people onto a map.. which effectively would mean going against a part of the community and that is not of preference in thia daily age of FL and let's face it.. why juggle it all when mentioned options have just been failure?

Take me for a cynical, but some of your ideals are not founded in reality as proven countless of times - no matter how good the intentions are.

So yeah, this is why y'all should give it a rest and realize how pointless it all is.. otherwise the cycle just goes on.

Also who are you even shlomo?  You obviously don't realize the effort in the map question I've had

Watch the result of the v2d vote mate, majority on "yes" I bet.

As for the question of "who I am" trying to wave around your bollocks cause you were an admin once, I'm a  c u n t  who probably wouldn't know you if not for your little tag and the snide remarks I've heard about you.

v2d is banter and memes lad and all the good rangers lads will vote for it.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • sebasti161