AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)]
(05-03-2018, 10:31 PM)Aspire Wrote: Can I have the opinion of the aggressive rprs please.
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=86564
Very intrigued what you would do if an officer ran at you with his gun out.
I like how you were in the Minesota and then suddenly you were in the Nexus second floor with a weapon, withtout any reason.

I would of told him to get on the ground, and if he didn't killed him.

Also, this is isn't the right thread is it.
At no point was I in nexus think you read it wrong and as this is a agg talk then it is the perfect place to gather their opinions
Just checked it, I did say nexus so ty for helping me on that
Ah, I remember the old days on v2d where I was a cop and I had my little toy gun and I’d walk inside a building during a raid and come back out in ashes. Oooooh, good old days! Tbh, pretty much half of the FL community medkit spams and it would cause outrage to the players who are currently in a raid and it’s taking forever for them to heal because they’re getting mowed down by other armed players.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(05-03-2018, 08:55 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Government VS Criminals
  • Police retrieve their weapons for free and do not drop them when killed.
    Although this may be a nice feature for new members of the community that unfortunately lack the money to buy weapons, this feature removes all sense of 'life endangering roleplay' for the government. This is an issue because criminals, for example, buy their weapons and kevlar with money they had to earn with the time they have been on the server and therefore roleplay aggressively with the mindset that if they die, they lose everything they equipped and/or used during the RP. Evidently, this means criminals play more strategically and do everything they can to survive; which not only makes the aggressive roleplay more immersive, but also plays a part in following the FearRP rules more easily and clearly. Unfortunately, we lack these traits with the government. Police and SRU nowadays are running around carelessly, rushing enemies with no strategies like there's no tomorrow and planting breaches like they're martyr bombers. This should not be happening. The government no longer care for their lives and thus results in an unrealistic roleplay manner and ruins the AggressiveRP for not only criminals, but for the rest of the server and its future.The government should only spawn in with a free pistol, and must at the very least purchase their weapons and tactical accessories with the money they worked hard for, just like the way criminals must.

While I can agree with your other points, I really can't with this one or atleast your solution for it. The government arms locker is a really hard thing to balance. On one end you only give police pistols and they get will absolutely rolled over all the time (which even happens today with their free M4s a TON) or on the other hand you have an OP police force who actually know what they're doing and rush all the time with their free guns. Yeah, cops get free guns as quite honestly they need them. I feel like if you get rid of their free guns, you'd just have criminals rolling over them and the laws becoming quite useless with no one who can enforce them. By making their free guns drop you're then going to be hurting the economy. I think this area is best left alone, at most maybe add a TINY charge for bringing out a rifle for cops. The balance seems fine right now with criminals and cops both winning their fair share of raids. I still think that criminals should not have the advantage over the government and should be relying on the fact that they create the situation the cops respond to (by hitting targets quickly for example or staying low without a massive base with massive walls). I think too many of you are expecting to be able to roll over the government alone with just an XM and a FAMAS, it should never work that way.

EDIT: I think the solution to AggRP is adding more rewards, not making it easier.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-05-2018, 03:06 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 08:55 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Government VS Criminals
  • Police retrieve their weapons for free and do not drop them when killed.
    Although this may be a nice feature for new members of the community that unfortunately lack the money to buy weapons, this feature removes all sense of 'life endangering roleplay' for the government. This is an issue because criminals, for example, buy their weapons and kevlar with money they had to earn with the time they have been on the server and therefore roleplay aggressively with the mindset that if they die, they lose everything they equipped and/or used during the RP. Evidently, this means criminals play more strategically and do everything they can to survive; which not only makes the aggressive roleplay more immersive, but also plays a part in following the FearRP rules more easily and clearly. Unfortunately, we lack these traits with the government. Police and SRU nowadays are running around carelessly, rushing enemies with no strategies like there's no tomorrow and planting breaches like they're martyr bombers. This should not be happening. The government no longer care for their lives and thus results in an unrealistic roleplay manner and ruins the AggressiveRP for not only criminals, but for the rest of the server and its future.The government should only spawn in with a free pistol, and must at the very least purchase their weapons and tactical accessories with the money they worked hard for, just like the way criminals must.

While I can agree with your other points, I really can't with this one or atleast your solution for it. The government arms locker is a really hard thing to balance. On one end you only give police pistols and they get will absolutely rolled over all the time (which even happens today with their free M4s a TON) or on the other hand you have an OP police force who actually know what they're doing and rush all the time with their free guns. Yeah, cops get free guns as quite honestly they need them. I feel like if you get rid of their free guns, you'd just have criminals rolling over them and the laws becoming quite useless with no one who can enforce them. By making their free guns drop you're then going to be hurting the economy. I think this area is best left alone, at most maybe add a TINY charge for bringing out a rifle for cops. The balance seems fine right now with criminals and cops both winning their fair share of raids. I still think that criminals should not have the advantage over the government and should be relying on the fact that they create the situation the cops respond to (by hitting targets quickly for example or staying low without a massive base with massive walls). I think too many of you are expecting to be able to roll over the government alone with just an XM and a FAMAS, it should never work that way.

EDIT: I think the solution to AggRP is adding more rewards, not making it easier.

I really don't see your logic with this buddy. What do you think criminals do? They have to buy guns and equip them just like police should. Police should buy heavy weapons and tactical accessories the same way criminals do, and drop them the same way criminals do. I don't understand how police will be super weak with this implemented. Criminals do that and they aren't too easy to kill, so why would the police? Because they're not, that's why. If you're using that logic, the police should be incredibly more powerful than criminals. It's all about the skill, not the fact you have to buy weapons or not. This suggestion is simply to have the government play more realistically since they would have to PvP with their own weapons, and therefore will be a more immersive roleplay and the government will actually care for their lives, the same way criminals do.

Give the paragraph a read over again buddy and actually take in what you read with an open mind.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(05-05-2018, 03:25 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: I really don't see your logic with this buddy. What do you think criminals do? They have to buy guns and equip them just like police should. Police should buy heavy weapons and tactical accessories the same way criminals do, and drop them the same way criminals do. I don't understand how police will be super weak with this implemented. Criminals do that and they aren't too easy to kill, so why would the police? Because they're not, that's why. If you're using that logic, the police should be incredibly more powerful than criminals. It's all about the skill, not the fact you have to buy weapons or not. This suggestion is simply to have the government play more realistically since they would have to PvP with their own weapons, and therefore will be a more immersive roleplay and the government will actually care for their lives, the same way criminals do.

Give the paragraph a read over again buddy and actually take in what you read with an open mind.

Criminals don't drop their weapons when killed by police, but that's not really an important factor.

It used to be like this, where police used to have to buy their weapons (they only had their starting USP). In an ideal situation, this means that the police would buy their guns along with the criminals. The problem is that it didn't really work like that, you had the criminals who usually had galils out while many officers would just stick with their pistol. You can imagine just how unbalanced that was and I still feel like that's a reason AggRP thrived so much, as there wasn't much of a risk of them losing anything especially if you're in a criminal team. As it stands even with their free gear, police just refuse to raid anything that looks like they will die in, if their free stuff is removed then this will quite basically be every single raid. I really think it won't work out the way you want it to. 

Police would be limited to only being able to bring out an M4, a weapon which in your world they would have to pay for. This weapon is already inferior to criminals and they know they're already most likely going to die and lose the money they paid for it with. As such police quite simply do not bother to use any of their own weapons or if they do have their own weapons out they will simply not raid, as they will just die and lose it. Lets not even mention the fact that they may die due to CDM or a car crash and lose their M4 too. New(er) players who seem to make up a lot of the force will simply not be able to afford said weapons, they will also stick to their starting USP. It just creates a massive balance issue as criminals will be able to roam free, which is something that should not be happening in CityRP. Completely taking out the arms locker is not an option, it will just let criminals do anything they wish and won't be true to being a roleplay about life in a city. At most a tiny fee should be issued, as stated in my previous post about suggested changes.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
"I am bad at shooting guns so I should to have the advantage of having free guns that are as strong as the guns people who are good use" - every government RPer ever
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
[Image: d97a11296539113d474af965bd8a76d8.png]
The following 6 users Like JackZ's post:
  • don, konsta, , god, sebasti161, Grape
More rules and regulations that targets on aggressive RP is also a factor of the decline. e.g

"sing the world/map to your advantage, i.e. Apartment corridors). Sloped props, most notably triangular props, may not be used in a defensive structure." was added like 8 months ago, we couldn't base at the first floor apartments anymore.

"Chest-high cover is generally allowed, but there are limits. Do not spam chest-high cover or use them constantly in combination with features such as tight corridors; this also often looks unrealistic. If you're unsure, ask an admin." It was never an issue until like 8 months ago when that rule has been added.

When walkways in bases were considered allowed, we had a rise of aggressive RP which was good at the time because aggressive RP was in decline at that time, but after a few weeks it got forbidden and there was a decline again.

Front defense in the Nexus became forbidden like 3 months ago or something, probably because "UREALISM" "AGGRESSIVE" "NOT PASSIVE" and then aggressive RP got fucked because of that, the Government got fucked because of that rule and you won't witness molotovs on front nexus anymore which is the universal sign of intense gun fights and fun.

So in short, regulations and rules on Aggressive RP will only result in decline, therefore losing players and interest.