AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)]
(05-02-2018, 06:38 PM)Jordy Wrote: back in the day with Rickets Kpred Shadow Obay, Smex and all the boys ripping peoples heads off was the days.

When the corrupt were facilitated.
Never was a big fan of aggroRP but really there needs to be risks involved on both sides; it's perhaps a bit illogical that government employees have to use their own supplies of weaponry but it is the nearest thing to equality seeing as they re-spawn with their stuff .. and the opponents they respawn without their stuff, having to actually make an effort to once more get involved in a fight.. government employees really don't and it's just a shit show with no care for them.

No stakes. No excitement. No fun. No point. We aren't brainless monkeys afterall, at least not completely..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  •
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Has anyone else got any recommendations?
(05-02-2018, 10:14 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I'd say a trial run for v2d but I imagine there wouldn't be much a chance of that nowadays.

Just my opinion and something I think should please everyone.

- Remove M4 for police, add tiny cost to UMP (Like 500?) with free pistols and MP5 (as the MP5 really sucks) from the arms locker.
- Remove Tranq for SRU (Honestly, the tranq has no place currently in the game)
+ Add AUG for SRU
+ Add delay after using 5 medikits (number can be changed) to prevent long-term godmode but allow spamming for quick rushes (Will not apply to needles and bandages to give them more use and as you can't really queue them up as well anyway)
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-03-2018, 04:23 PM)Pollux Wrote:

- Remove M4 for police, add tiny cost to UMP (Like 500?) with free pistols and MP5 (as the MP5 really sucks) from the arms locker.
+ Add AUG for SRU
+ Add delay after using 5 medikits (number can be changed) to prevent long-term godmode but allow spamming for quick rushes (Will not apply to needles and bandages to give them more use and as you can't really queue them up as well anyway)

I dont see the problem with tranq, as you cant use it on armed people anymore, also disagree on changing med kit meta, as government can do it aswell
(05-02-2018, 06:38 PM)Jordy Wrote: back in the day with Rickets Kpred Shadow Obay, Smex and all the boys ripping peoples heads off was the days.

Great idea Jordy quality input thansk Ghost you should add this to the list bro.

OT: Happy to hear your ideas regarding bringing old players back.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Wolven
(05-03-2018, 07:05 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 04:23 PM)Pollux Wrote:

+ Add AUG for SRU

I dont see the problem with tranq, as you cant use it on armed people anymore, also disagree on changing med kit meta, as government can do it aswell

I mean that's the problem, the tranq has no use in the SRU arms locker. I think it's worth replacing it with something more suited for SRU. It doesn't matter who can do the medikit spam, it's stupid that someone can have godmode by just spamming their bind and waiting a bit. I am someone who heavily uses medikits and needles myself and still want it fixed as it's just a stupid and unrealistic system. I'm suggesting to add the AUG instead and nerf cops to give SRU more of a role.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Most of the reasons for FL's AggressiveRP decline are mentioned below. These are arguably the most important reasons for the decrease of AggressiveRP. There are other reasons such as the community, for example. But we cannot do much about the lack of 'old players' other than a few things Ghostkiller suggested.

The points and facts made below should be read with an open mind. Yes, there are other points I could have made such as 'medkit spamming' and 'more weapons for government' however I do believe that medkit spamming is far too complicated to perfect and create a happy medium for all aggressive players on the server and I also believe the weapons government currently have are more than adequate however this is for another discussion.

Government VS Criminals
  • Police retrieve their weapons for free and do not drop them when killed.
    Although this may be a nice feature for new members of the community that unfortunately lack the money to buy weapons, this feature removes all sense of 'life endangering roleplay' for the government. This is an issue because criminals, for example, buy their weapons and kevlar with money they had to earn with the time they have been on the server and therefore roleplay aggressively with the mindset that if they die, they lose everything they equipped and/or used during the RP. Evidently, this means criminals play more strategically and do everything they can to survive; which not only makes the aggressive roleplay more immersive, but also plays a part in following the FearRP rules more easily and clearly. Unfortunately, we lack these traits with the government. Police and SRU nowadays are running around carelessly, rushing enemies with no strategies like there's no tomorrow and planting breaches like they're martyr bombers. This should not be happening. The government no longer care for their lives and thus results in an unrealistic roleplay manner and ruins the AggressiveRP for not only criminals, but for the rest of the server and its future.The government should only spawn in with a free pistol, and must at the very least purchase their weapons and tactical accessories with the money they worked hard for, just like the way criminals must.
The Map
  • The map we currently have is large and very unstable.
    A map the server uses plays a very important role in offering the most amount of roleplay available, whilst being as stable as possible and being interesting enough to keep the player base large and active. And although the map FL currently uses (V5P) allows for a variety of interesting roleplays to take place, one can not argue the fact that it is incredibly unstable and offers nothing other than low fps and in some cases, Garry's Mod crashes. Therefore, the map must be switched again to another that offers good server stability, roleplay opportunities, and an interesting nature. The first map that will enter peoples minds will be v2d, and I couldn't argue against that. V2d offers everything mentioned above, which will be great for FL and its community. However, you cannot argue that the map is outdated with low textures, has an ugly colour palette and also has a terrible skybox. With all of this in mind, someone may be able to create a more up-to-date version of v2d with a higher texture resolution, colour palette, and skybox to keep up-to-date with today's maps, yet create a nostalgic and playable server with many roleplay opportunities. Map choice is a very debatable topic and has shown to create very large discussions, however we must discuss and argue more about FL's map choice, not just for our sake, but for the future players and FL itself.
Money and Rewards
  • Current methods of earning money are too slow and not worth it.
    You may argue that the current contraband and weed-growing system is a good and fun way for poor and/or new members of the community to earn money in an illegal roleplay manner. However, the amount of money you make with contraband and weed for most players is absolutely nothing. Especially with the fact that it is almost certain that your base will be raided if you have either of the two. So not only will you make just $14,400 in one hour's worth of contraband-whoring, but you will also lose most of it in a raid before you get to anywhere near that number. The risk is simply not worth the reward, especially with the very low 'reward' we currently have on the server. And this, therefore, develops into the thought that ''Why should I be a criminal that earns money illegally if I am being raided every ten minutes and make just over $1,000 in that time?'' This thought is something that all 'Aggressive Roleplayers' have encountered and is one of the biggest reasons as to why aggressive roleplay is lowering at a rapid speed. More money must be available during aggressive roleplays as making money is very hard and 'not worth it' in the end. A great example of a slight mini-event that could be implemented is Perqe's 'Bank Heist' suggestion where Perqe, myself, Rickets, JohnSilver and others have made great points as to why the suggestion should be implemented: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=86044
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 5 users Like Grape's post:
  • Captain Barry, JackZ, General Rickets, , god
Can I have the opinion of the aggressive rprs please.
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=86564
Very intrigued what you would do if an officer ran at you with his gun out.