AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)]
I really think an easy way to fix the medikit spam is adding a limit to how many you can use at once. Let's say we limit it to five at a time before a cooldown on any others, this allows you to be able to rush a defence while not having godmode for the next 20 seconds.

EDIT: Lets say we add a delay of a minute before the next medikit after five have been used quickly (so within a small timeframe). This means that the player is extremely vulnerable for a minute after the way smaller "spam" of medikits and still doesn't break the meta by giving defenders with long corridors a massive advantage. This is really the only solution I can think of that won't make defenders unbeatable.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-02-2018, 02:11 AM)ryan! Wrote: Cops don't drop guns so there is no reason to raid.

Lets be honest, this will not work out well considering cops get free guns. Feels like something that can easily be abused.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-02-2018, 03:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 02:11 AM)ryan! Wrote: Cops don't drop guns so there is no reason to raid.

Lets be honest, this will not work out well considering cops get free guns. Feels like something that can easily be abused.

This is how it works on ARMA 3 servers, its not OP at-all and if anything stops cops rushing because cops out of spite wont want the enemy to get their weapon so they'll play smarter and not stupier with their life.
(05-02-2018, 03:49 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

This is how it works on ARMA 3 servers, its not OP at-all and if anything stops cops rushing because cops out of spite wont want the enemy to get their weapon so they'll play smarter and not stupier with their life.

Yes but we're talking about FL here, the majority of time cops do not know what they're doing in raids and honestly won't really care about giving their guns to the enemy - as most AggRPers only really use FAMAS's and XMs anyway to get an advantage over police. You can already picklock police cars after defending from a raid to get some sort of "loot". This also adds the problem of cops being RDMed just for their gun - they're really not as they're usually the attacken (I can really see this happening). I think if anything cops should drop something else that isn't a gun, not too sure what though.

EDIT: I really feel like there's a lot of people who think the cops are "OP" in some way, they're really not considering they're usually the ones attacking a base of some sorts (which can be very hard considering most cops lack mediktis and breaches).
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-02-2018, 03:51 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 03:49 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

Yes but we're talking about FL here, the majority of time cops do not know what they're doing in raids and honestly won't really care about giving their guns to the enemy - as most AggRPers only really use FAMAS's and XMs anyway to get an advantage over police. You can already picklock police cars after defending from a raid to get some sort of "loot". This also adds the problem of cops being RDMed just for their gun - they're really not as they're usually the attacken (I can really see this happening). I think if anything cops should drop something else that isn't a gun, not too sure what though.

EDIT: I really feel like there's a lot of people who think the cops are "OP" in some way, they're really not considering they're usually the ones attacking a base of some sorts (which can be very hard considering most cops lack mediktis and breaches).

As can Criminals.

There’s no difference to cops buying medkits and using them just like the opposing side. They get free guns and ammo, that’s OP in my eyes compared to Criminals having to buy them. It adds up to make an even fight giving Criminals have a base 50% of the time. But the Nexus gets raided, cops then have a dupe down with defences as well as Citizens who have gone security with Galis, so it’s working in the governments favor if you ask me.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Wolven
(05-02-2018, 04:04 PM)Falc Wrote: There’s no difference to cops buying medkits and using them just like the opposing side. They get free guns and ammo, that’s OP in my eyes compared to Criminals having to buy them. It adds up to make an even fight giving Criminals have a base 50% of the time. But the Nexus gets raided, cops then have a dupe down with defences as well as Citizens who have gone security with Galis, so it’s working in the governments favor if you ask me.

I mean raiding the nexus is supposed to be extremely hard, kind of like an "ultimate raid" or something. The difference is that criminals are usually stocked up quite well and are usually experienced players, the cops really are not. Cops are usually newer players or players who aren't really as invested into AggRP, as such they almost always lack medikits and breaches (I've been the only one with those two in many many raids, it's extremely frustrating at times.) Cops are always attacking unless it's a nexus raid, and even then they usually aren't the ones defending (It's really only SRU and Private Security fighting during nexus raids). I really don't think nerfing the gov will help do anything apart from let them get rolled over more often than they do now (which is a LOT).

EDIT: I will be more than up for nerfing cops but buffing SRU as some sort of compromise, this means criminals will have to be quick to avoid the SRU response but should be able to take the first responders if organised well. It will also give SRU a lot more to do as they will have to respond a lot more often. I believe this could be done by removing the M4 for police (keep the UMP and MP5 only) and replacing the tranq (which is extremely useless) with an AUG for SRU, the M3 being buffed should also help a bit.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
No point of changing the way aggressive rp works (med kits, guns etc.) The system has always been like this, why change it now? Trying to make aggressive RP great again, not ruin it! Spamming medkits is a technique of playing. If you disagree feel free to argue your point! 

Instead of that^ we need to focus on players. 

I know GHOSTK1LL3R has some ideas on making old players return so I'll leave that point to him, however I also think we need to focus on new players.

For me, aggressive role-play was the thing that made FL for me and therefore others should have the opportunity. I was able to join a rebel team with random players who could give me guns, ammo etc. and fight the Corleone's. This I don't see happening - at all. Therefore I believe we need to either focus on making methods such as contraband and weed easier money or reduce the price of supplies. That way people will either be more eager to purchase weapons or setup bases and farm contraband more.

And if there any new guys wanting to get into aggressive role-play, feel free to read my guide! https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=76714

Spoiler :

If the above cannot happen I think FL should expand onto a Arma 3 Role-play server!!!

[Image: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg]

The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Wolven
(05-02-2018, 12:07 PM)DVN Wrote: Bringing back old players simply isn't an option and a very silly thing to request.

Old players move on and I highly doubt they'd return now just because we ask them to. I've only ever seen old players make an appearance for clan wars or clan/larger roleplays.

Contrary to that, some of the comments above are really good and something we should look into from a general issue perspective.

Old players may have moved on but that may be because the Steam group is outdated and dead. The current steam group has over 3000 players, and lots of the players are from the AggressiveRP background, I am certain that if any updates that support the AggressiveRP side (and Passive) of FL, that many players will come on and check it out. If we update the group and get some new administrators to sort it out, I am sure that would give us some more players, even if its only a few.

As for the original thread, I don't think its AggressiveRP that is dying, I think its roleplay itself, there is no longer any motivation for CityRP. Every Roleplay has been done, There are not many major updates being pumped out, and the life and soul of the server and staff team isn't there. As mentioned by myself in another discussion thread a few months ago, that spark that was once here needs to be relighted. The majority of aggressive situations, whether its a mugging, raid or burgle, often have the same outcome, either its the Dictator dying, or someone's contraband being stolen, there is hardly ever a situation that gives players motivation to continue a raid for more than 10-15 minutes. I remember back in December 2015, there used to be raids that last 40-50 minutes, and even though I am more of a passive roleplayer, it was great to see the battle and the outcome. I just hope we can think of something as a community to get that spark back into roleplay of all kinds. Cheese
back in the day with Rickets Kpred Shadow Obay, Smex and all the boys ripping peoples heads off was the days.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 1 user Likes Jordy's post:
  • General Rickets
(05-02-2018, 05:09 PM)Dobbs Wrote: For me, aggressive role-play was the thing that made FL for me and therefore others should have the opportunity. I was able to join a rebel team with random players who could give me guns, ammo etc. and fight the Corleone's. This I don't see happening - at all. Therefore I believe we need to either focus on making methods such as contraband and weed easier money or reduce the price of supplies. That way people will either be more eager to purchase weapons or setup bases and farm contraband more.
The problem isn't really the price of stuff, it is what you got from it. Like it is boring staying in a base for an hour, for just 15k. And you could get raided at any time. We need more ways to make money, and maybe improve contraband.