AggressiveRP Talk [Humans only(was going to say men only but that is sexist)]
Cops don't drop guns so there is no reason to raid.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 7 users Like ryan!'s post:
  • , Archer, General Rickets, Jordy, Floodify, Byra, konsta
It indeed is starting to become a problem so it's good to discuss it.

There's several things that cause this problem the way I see it, the constant switches of maps some months ago being one of them, while it's good to try out new maps you can't expect everyone to instantly adapt to it, it takes months/years for people to have a full set of good aggresiveRP (or even passiveRP) dupes they feel comfortable using, I think that'll come back though, slowly.

The medkit spamming is insane aswell, that should be fixed asap, I've seen people spraying full magazines into their enemies and they still did not die, it's ridicilous.
I agree with JackZ's ideas aswell, add some new money making opportunities.

I understand FL's main focus is passiveRP, but if a president on a full server becomes dictator, bans anything that moves and still does not get raided even after two hours that is something we should worry about...
The following 11 users Like Jan's post:
  • Willem de Walrus, Wolven, Archer, , General Rickets, Viljo, Pollux, Iraqi Eagle, Floodify, Byra, Dragnort_
As someone who was an acvite player in 2016ish and 2015ish, and now, i've a lot happening, and from what i see there are many factors here.

Passive over Agressive:
Currently from what I see, more and more players do passive roleplay, and i don't blame them. At the moment there are more rewards from doing passive and getting an RPP, than there was before. At 2015/16, you could get very little stuff with RPP's. And although to get most rewards you need money, and to get money fast, you do an illegal activity. And what happens is that you do, for example contrabanding, for some hours and than continue doing passive roleplay. It doesn't help the fact that because that most people don't really base that much, means there are less options when choosing to raid someone, which means you are most likely going to be raided, and since you are not really that good, because you haven't played that much aggressive RP, you may feel like not really doing aggressive RP again. This brings me to 2 other points.

Police:
Back then, if you were police, you were a guy with a pistol, not much of a threat, now you are almost equal to the SRU, which doesn't feel right. I think because you had to use your own weapons, there wasn't really a point in playing police that much, when you can't really do much in a raid, so therefore you will have a better time being a Criminal. Now imagine this, you doing contra with a friend, when 10 people with M4s come raid you, you in most of the cases going to lose. What point being a criminal, when you don't risk losing nothing when being a police officer, and risk weapons and kevlar being an outlaw.
Before it was Criminals vs Criminals vs Police, now it is Police vs Criminals. 
Actually if you compare SRU and Police, Police would come more powerful, since they use the same weapons as SRU, except the AWP, which could come handy, but it is rarely used, and the tranq, which is a long range tazer at this point, and Police don't need to be called to go anywhere.

Less players:
Although the server is fun, after some time playing, you lose interest and play something else, whetere it's because you got banned or just lost interest, and this is what is happening, there aren't that many players as there werebefore, and the server isn't really that New Player friendly, so the player count is going down.

The map its self:
To start off, although v5p has more roleplay opportunities, the performance is shit. Like when the server has around 60 people, some places, like near the Nexus is basically unplayable. And as well what is the point of having so many buildings when half of them are bearly used, making them pointless to be there in the first place.

Medkit spamming:

Although a lot of people are complaining, please leave a suggestion of how to fix it, rather than just saying something that someone else has said. Like there are some places where it's almost impossible to win without doing it. Like if you got a good base, you will need to destroy the defense, and you can do it with throwing a molotov, but since most people play police, you can't so you need to breach it, and you can't really run 5 metars without dying, when you are getting shot from 4 people. Also for example jails, industrial complex. The only other way to win, is killing the people inside, which isn't that easy, when they have cover, and if you chose that option, you are going to use more medkits, rather than 1 medkit spam and more people are going to die.

Not enough rewards:
Contraband is shit, and doesn't make much money, and you will most likely get raided and then lose it. And although weed is much better, the same applies, you getting raided and losing it. 
We need more rewards for example Perqe's suggestion for a mini event.
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=86044

Also there is the opposite thing. I have seen many times police leaving a place, for example slums, after they get the hostage out, because they feel like they will just die.

Altough i am not leaving any suggestions how to fix anything, these are the problems that i see, so this is a start.

As well we see mr ghost has chosen passive rp cleaning rather than shooting the coppers, we see a true example of passive over aggreassive

many loves - Foxirius
The following 5 users Like Foxirius2205's post:
  • , General Rickets, Viljo, Pollux, Byra
Hi All,

Thanks for everyones oponions. Some of them share the same views I myself have and some raises ideas that can be worked on with suggestions.

Please if anyone else has any ideas can you please voice them forward, thanks.
simple, bring back old players.

But the old players had a good time because of what FL used to be, who knows they could come back and hate or even love it.

Old players is the big miss.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(05-02-2018, 07:32 AM)[FL:RP] Depress Wrote: The map its self:
To start off, although v5p has more roleplay opportunities, the performance is shit. Like when the server has around 60 people, some places, like near the Nexus is basically unplayable. And as well what is the point of having so many buildings when half of them are bearly used, making them pointless to be there in the first place.

This is one of the main reasons, The FPS lag caused by the map has seriously took a huge toll on the state of the Role play.
Bringing back old players simply isn't an option and a very silly thing to request.

Old players move on and I highly doubt they'd return now just because we ask them to. I've only ever seen old players make an appearance for clan wars or clan/larger roleplays.

Contrary to that, some of the comments above are really good and something we should look into from a general issue perspective.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
I think its 2 major things contributing to the death of aggRP

1: risk -> reward; Why would I be motivated to raid Nexus when theres 5 SRU inside, and I risk a galil, kevlar, ammo etc?

2: Rules; Rules have always been a grey zone when it comes to aggRP/raiding; I for example have often stopped myself pre-raid and thought "Can I raid him? Is this and that a valid reason, is it RDM if I kill the guard without a weapon out.....", I simply think the rules are too complex, and there's too much to consider when initiating aggressiveRP, and theres little to no mercy when it comes to breaking any of these rules, leaving little to no motivation to do any.

Possible solution could be loosening up on the rules, though an argument against this could be that it would open up for new ways of minging.
The following 5 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • mintblackbeard, Iraqi Eagle, RaZZ, Santaliz, konsta
(05-02-2018, 12:07 PM)DVN Wrote: Bringing back old players simply isn't an option and a very silly thing to request.

Old players move on and I highly doubt they'd return now just because we ask them to. I've only ever seen old players make an appearance for clan wars or clan/larger roleplays.

Contrary to that, some of the comments above are really good and something we should look into from a general issue perspective.

At the end of this I will write actions that need to happen. We can bring back old players, i've got many ideas on how we can do it.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Wolven
v2d dying and being removed, haven't heard of any proper AggressiveRP raids since like mid 2016 to late.

There needs to be a map LIKE v2d with such a size it feels quite vast but at the same time is memorable and has good performance. Having gunfights at 3 FPS is a game of luck instead of skill, especially when the other person could be at 30.
The following 2 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • , Dimitris