New Jaywalking Rule
Title of suggestion: New rule regarding jaywalking

Description: Jaywalking should only be a problem if you A: Stop ongoing traffic. B: Walk on a motorway.

Why:  In America (Where Evocity is 'located') it is illegal to walk on the road unless you are at a crossing and the light is green. In the UK where many Fearless community members are from, Jaywalking is not an issue. Therefore naturally they cross the road whenever there isn't traffic coming and tend to get slapped with a fine or even worse, arrested, just because they didn't go to a crossing. If there were a rule against banning Jaywalking, then this would not happen and there would be less petty arrests/tickets given out.
[Image: psnewsig.gif]
The following 3 users Like ShadowPurple's post:
  • TheGamerGuyGBR, Envy, Narcotic
100% in agreement Support +
-support
Not quite sure what you mean by adding it as a rule. Do you mean banning jaywalking completely? I don't think it would be a good idea, as jaywalking is a lot more of a law/IC aspect. Or do you mean add it as a perma law? 
If the laws state that jaywalking is illegal then players should read that law. If they don't and still jaywalk, they'll get a ticket.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(04-07-2018, 03:22 AM)TheSiphon Wrote: -support
Not quite sure what you mean by adding it as a rule. Do you mean banning jaywalking completely? I don't think it would be a good idea, as jaywalking is a lot more of a law/IC aspect. Or do you mean add it as a perma law? 
If the laws state that jaywalking is illegal then players should read that law. If they don't and still jaywalk, they'll get a ticket.

Not completely just not as strict, like I said it should be like only if you stop traffic, cause I could cross the road like a few feet off from the crossing and I would get arrested and it's really inconvienent and a waste of time all because of power hungry cops, this isn't a problem in the UK and completly crosses my mind, I'm not the only one to complain and it's kind of a pointless law to have in a game. Understandable if someone causes trouble in the road but crossing the road with common sense shold not get you arrested.
[Image: psnewsig.gif]
-Support
Kind Regards,
Theoharakis
Fearless Donator
[Image: bEralVi.png]
Feel free to +Rep me here
(04-07-2018, 02:01 AM)ShadowPurple Wrote: In America (Where Evocity is 'located') it is illegal to walk on the road unless you are at a crossing and the light is green.

(04-07-2018, 02:01 AM)ShadowPurple Wrote: In the UK where many Fearless community members are from, Jaywalking is not an issue.

IRL: If someone from the UK goes to the US and jaywalks, then they are fined.
(sure they may get off with a warning the first time if you have a nice officer)

Where you come from does not matter, you have to follow the rules of the country that you're in (even if you're not used to those rules or do not agree with them).

So I don't see why Evocity should change it's rules for those not from Evocity.

/coming from someone that lives in the UK

-Support
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 1 user Likes RIC0H's post:
  • PhantomSolaris
(04-07-2018, 09:46 AM)RIC0H Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 02:01 AM)ShadowPurple Wrote: In America (Where Evocity is 'located') it is illegal to walk on the road unless you are at a crossing and the light is green.

(04-07-2018, 02:01 AM)ShadowPurple Wrote: In the UK where many Fearless community members are from, Jaywalking is not an issue.

IRL: If someone from the UK goes to the US and jaywalks, then they are fined.
(sure they may get off with a warning the first time if you have a nice officer)

Where you come from does not matter, you have to follow the rules of the country that you're in (even if you're not used to those rules or do not agree with them).

So I don't see why Evocity should change it's rules for those not from Evocity.

/coming from someone that lives in the UK

-Support

-Support
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
-support
Definitely agree with reducing the strictness. Everyone Jaywalks in the UK and no ones bothered about it, The Amount of times I've been arrested on FL for doing it is just unrealistic. +Support
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
-Support

Reasons above. Jaywalking is jaywalking..