Laws becoming a .txt styling editing system.
+Support

Great idea, would be much easier.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Narcotic
+support
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Narcotic
+support
Would be useful as fuck
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
The following 1 user Likes dawson270500's post:
  • Narcotic
(03-25-2018, 11:14 AM)Narcotic Wrote:
(03-25-2018, 08:39 AM)Sam Hyde Wrote: -Support

Hello, what do you find a flaw in my idea? It would be great to hear some suggestions and why you do not support it Smile

(03-25-2018, 10:48 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: -Support

Although this could be done down the line, development should be focussing on server stability.

Hi, as much as I agree with improving stability should be a priority; it shouldn't be so much that user experience and community input to ideas is reduced. Perhaps a separate post on how development should focus on server stability would better fair, I'd happily +support that suggestion Cheese

no
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Grape
How would you add an individual law then ?

Would you have to copy and paste your new text file into it or would you just be able to add it on the bottom ?

I personally don’t mind the current law system. But I’ve been on FL for 5 years now and it’s always been like this I guessed it’s just norm ?

Most of us have scripts etc any that’s used and makes it 10x easier. There was a how to guide a long time ago in the Help & Support section.

-Support
[Image: giphy.gif]
It sounds like a nice idea to me.

I guess that it could just broadcast when a file is imported, which should settle the issue that Barry suggested.

Regarding Marty's concern, it would be possible to add a law to the bottom or re-import.
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 3 users Like James's post:
  • Marty, Narcotic, DVN
+Support
The following 1 user Likes Liam Neutron's post:
  • Narcotic
(03-26-2018, 07:26 AM)James H Wrote: It sounds like a nice idea to me.

I guess that it could just broadcast when a file is imported, which should settle the issue that Barry suggested.

Regarding Marty's concern, it would be possible to add a law to the bottom or re-import.

I reckon if you were able to add individual laws to the bottom etc. Or even better, replace laws or edit them while in game or change order etc with having to tab out and re import a text file I see that as being a decent improvement to the current system.

The question is though, is it possible lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Narcotic, James
(03-26-2018, 08:35 AM)Marty Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 07:26 AM)James H Wrote: It sounds like a nice idea to me.

I reckon if you were able to add individual laws to the bottom etc. Or even better, replace laws or edit them while in game or change order etc with having to tab out and re import a text file I see that as being a decent improvement to the current system.

The question is though, is it possible lol.

Everything is possible.
[Image: MbKaP7E.png]
The following 7 users Like James's post:
  • Chumps, Zona, Narcotic, DVN, Marty, TheSiphon, Pollux
Suppose it could be quite good. Easy for new players to understand, doesn't take a lot of time to edit if adding extra laws, doesn't require any code knowledge as the need for a script would become nil.
I think there should however be a limit on how many lines a user can add, and a character limit per line else users could create stupidly long all in one paragraph rather than how it is currently. It could also be used to crash the server if users start uploading large txt files full of complete shit.

If done correctly, +support
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Narcotic