Laws becoming a .txt styling editing system.
Star 
Hello there, my name is Narcotic.

Title of suggestion: Laws becoming editable in a .txt file format, rather than adding each line. 

Description: The 'Laws' section of the F1 menu, which is readable by citizens and editable by the President and Vice President alike would fair a lot by being editable as if it were say: a forum post, or .txt file.

[Image: S0GH2QX.png]
(This could just be pasted straight in-game!)

An example of this would be able to use the TAB feature to indent lines as if it were code. This can fully structure a good Laws page. This would also offer simpler editing as spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes or IC mistakes could simply be edited by clicking on the line and editing the text rather than say: deleting a line and rewriting the whole thing.

Another plus side to this would be that it would reduce to need for script usage or any external programs other than text files themselves. Users can simply design and craft and elegant looking laws page which is easy to read using TAB, indents and other punctuation rather than say: being limited to the 1. 2. 3. format preconstructed by the current Laws system. Laws could be written before roleplay is initiated and then could simply be COPY and PASTED into the game as raw text and still resemble any formatting given in the text file. 

Why: It adds simplicity to Law-making as part of the Presidential roleplay as well as reduces the need for external scripts and software to make things easier. 

Please leave any reasons for -support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your time and consideration. 
Narcotic
+support
The following 1 user Likes CorieTheNub's post:
  • Narcotic
-Support
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Narcotic
+Support
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
The following 1 user Likes Chumps's post:
  • Narcotic
-Support

Although this could be done down the line, development should be focussing on server stability.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 3 users Like Grape's post:
  • Narcotic, Wolven, Dragnort_
+support
The following 1 user Likes Ethan Bradberry's post:
  • Narcotic
(03-25-2018, 08:39 AM)Sam Hyde Wrote: -Support

Hello, what do you find a flaw in my idea? It would be great to hear some suggestions and why you do not support it :)

(03-25-2018, 10:48 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: -Support

Although this could be done down the line, development should be focussing on server stability.

Hi, as much as I agree with improving stability should be a priority; it shouldn't be so much that user experience and community input to ideas is reduced. Perhaps a separate post on how development should focus on server stability would better fair, I'd happily +support that suggestion :D
(03-25-2018, 10:48 AM)Grapefruit Wrote: -Support

Whether this suggestion is 'done down the line' or done now, the server stability isn't going to change, all suggestions shouldn't stop being suggested just because 'development should be focussing on server stability.' that's a bit of a silly excuse to -Support the suggestion.

OT: +Support

It's a good suggestion, I think it could tie in nicely with the other suggestions made about laws!
The following 3 users Like Create's post:
  • Narcotic, Ethan Bradberry, sebasti161
Here's a little assumption I've made as to why the law tab is the way it is. I might be completely wrong, so if James H is reading let me know if I'm right.

The reason it's in the current 1. 2. 3 style is because each law get's announced to the server when entered. This uses the chat window which has a max capacity as we all know.
To give you an example of what I mean, watch the text chat when the president types '/wanted'. The end of the sentence is cut off because part of the maximum characters limit has been used up by the '/wanted' command. So if the transfer to .txt is made, individual laws would not be announced to the public because it would try to announce the entire .txt file in one sentence.

I would assume the only reason it wasn't in a .txt format in the first place is because of the fact each law is announced in chat, and whoever created the laws section didn't have time to implement a workaround at the time.

If it's easy to change then sure, +support
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
(03-25-2018, 01:49 PM)Captain Barry Wrote: Here's a little assumption I've made as to why the law tab is the way it is. I might be completely wrong, so if James H is reading let me know if I'm right.

The reason it's in the current 1. 2. 3 style is because each law get's announced to the server when entered. This uses the chat window which has a max capacity as we all know.
To give you an example of what I mean, watch the text chat when the president types '/wanted'. The end of the sentence is cut off because part of the maximum characters limit has been used up by the '/wanted' command. So if the transfer to .txt is made, individual laws would not be announced to the public because it would try to announce the entire .txt file in one sentence.

I would assume the only reason it wasn't in a .txt format in the first place is because of the fact each law is announced in chat, and whoever created the laws section didn't have time to implement a workaround at the time.

If it's easy to change then sure, +support

Hello, an easy way around this would be to every time the laws are updated (by more than 10 characters - to avoid spamming announcement messages when editing small mistakes) is to announce a message saying something like: 

(Laws) New laws are being added to the F1 menu. Please view these as they are updated.

Or something along those lines, so players are still noted when new laws are added.