UBR Morningstar
Your name: Morningstar

Your SteamID: [b]STEAM_0:0:55574419[/b]

Your ban ID: 79822

Banned by: Forgee

Reason: Abuse in OOC against a player

Involved: Myself, Emily who was with me and Zombie.  And I guess everyone else nearby.

The reason I should either be unbanned, or Zombie should be banned along side me - is that voice chat is in character.  This all started because Zombie brought up an OOC situation In Character.  Thus breaking a rule.  I did not instantly insult him until he insulted me by saying "Hypocrite, piece of shit really".  I then returned and insulted him.  

He then insulted me again by calling me an English idiot.  All of which was in full view of the admin which banned me.  Forgee has also kindly provided me with a video of the situation from his point of view.

I was insulting him in character - as he insulted me over voice chat.  I view the voice chat as in character which is of course the rules of server.  I feel it is very important to note that he threw the first insult, he broke rules first, and the fact that only I was for some reason banned, and not Zombie.

If I'm unbanned, great. If I'm not - he should be banned just as I was.

[Image: giphy.gif]
My apologizes for calling you an Engish idiot, that was impulsive of me and I do no mean it by any means but you did provoke me by insulting me. However I did bring an OOC situation regarding about the tool abuse because I don't like how you tell others not to abuse it even though you abuse it yourself, you were being a hypocrite about it. But I threw the first insult? As you can see in the video, at the beginning I said you are being a "hypocrite and it's a shame really", not piece of shit. If you listen closely in the video, it confirms of what I've said.
As I was with Grapefruit in Discord, and he listened to what I've said, he can also vouch for what I've said.

I fail to understand "because Zombie brought up an OOC situation In Character. Thus breaking a rule."

What I said in microphone was obviously OOC as soon as I brought something up that is OOC about 2 days ago, so therefore I didn't bring something OOC to IC because I was talking in OOC.
(03-13-2018, 06:13 PM)Zombie Wrote: My apologizes for calling you an Engish idiot, that was impulsive of me and I do no mean it by any means but you did provoke me by insulting me. However I did bring an OOC situation regarding about the tool abuse because I don't like how you tell others not to abuse it even though you abuse it yourself, you were being a hypocrite about it. But I threw the first insult?  As you can see in the video, at the beginning I said you are being a "hypocrite and it's a shame really", not piece of shit. If you listen closely in the video, it confirms of what I've said.

Alright, well I heard piece of shit - either way, you called me a hypocrite.  That is definitely an insult and I know this because if I started calling admins hypocrites, I would be banned for insulting staff.  Anyone would know that.

You started this situation by insulting me - everything else followed.

I was acting as if everything was in character. Initially I didn't insult him when he talked about the OOC issue. I then walked away as I saw it as being over. He then insulted me in character using an in character method (voice chat). I returned in character.

Added more to my previous comment.
(03-13-2018, 06:16 PM)memeSake Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:13 PM)Zombie Wrote: My apologizes for calling you an Engish idiot, that was impulsive of me and I do no mean it by any means but you did provoke me by insulting me. However I did bring an OOC situation regarding about the tool abuse because I don't like how you tell others not to abuse it even though you abuse it yourself, you were being a hypocrite about it. But I threw the first insult?  As you can see in the video, at the beginning I said you are being a "hypocrite and it's a shame really", not piece of shit. If you listen closely in the video, it confirms of what I've said.

Alright, well I heard piece of shit - either way, you called me a hypocrite.  That is definitely an insult and I know this because if I started calling admins hypocrites, I would be banned for insulting staff.  Anyone would know that.

I was acting as if everything was in character.  Initially I didn't insult him when he talked about the OOC issue. I then walked away as I saw it as being over.   He then insulted me in character using an in character method (voice chat). I returned in character.

Voice chat is not always IC, it can be used for OOC as well.

Hypocrite is not an insult, please explain to me why is it an insult.

And why would an admin ban you for calling them a hypocrite? They would ban you if you said "f*g" "retarded" "stupid nig*er" or any other derogatory term that is meant to disrespect them and harras them.
(03-13-2018, 06:21 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:16 PM)memeSake Wrote:

I was acting as if everything was in character.  Initially I didn't insult him when he talked about the OOC issue. I then walked away as I saw it as being over.   He then insulted me in character using an in character method (voice chat). I returned in character.

Voice chat is not always IC, it can be used for OOC as well.

Everyone was talking in character. It was in a public place in the shopping street...   I have seen admins so many times tell people to stop talking OOC in such public areas, and I have seen people punished for it.

Either way, you threw the first insult - and therefore if it was indeed OOC, you're just as bad.

I've said my piece and I feel it is enough. I will of course respond further to anything incorrect or if anything requires my input - but at this point I think Zombie and I have both explained ourselves enough. The video clearly proves my point of the first insult from Zombie and exactly what happened.

I feel that I should either be unbanned or Zombie should be punished as well - because by the same rules I apparently broke, he also did (first if it even matters).

Damn, you reply fast before I even get to edit my comment. I added more to my previous comment, I advise you to read them.
(03-13-2018, 06:26 PM)Zombie Wrote: Damn, you reply fast before I even get to edit my comment. I added more to my previous comment, I advise you to read them.

In response to your addition - of course hypocrite is an insult.  Do you see it as a compliment? Jesus.

I didn't think It'd come to explaining what a word means.  You're making negative comments about me - which matches the exact definition of insult of a disrespectful remark or act... By making negative comments about me, you're disrespecting me and insulting me. 

Either way - at this point I assumed it was just back into in character. At first I didn't even view it as Zombie breaking a rule - but if I am banned for breaking this rule whilst he broke the same one... it's just either favouritism or maybe a mistake was made.

(03-13-2018, 06:38 PM)memeSake Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:26 PM)Zombie Wrote: Damn, you reply fast before I even get to edit my comment. I added more to my previous comment, I advise you to read them.

In response to your addition - of course hypocrite is an insult.  Do you see it as a compliment? Jesus.

I didn't think It'd come to explaining what a word means.  You're making negative comments about me - which matches the exact definition of insult of a disrespectful remark or act.  

Of course it is not a compliment, but nor an insult. You're right regarding that hypocrisy is a negative comment, but life is not all about flowers, compliments and postive. Hypocrisy compared to what you said that got you banned is a small comment. Negative comments are everywhere, I got my own share of negative comments such as "aggressive" "loud" and some say "annoying". Is annoying considered an insult? People call each other annoying for being annoying, is it disrespecful? Same goes for hypocrisy, I fail to understand of why it is an insult. If I did something that is considered hypocrisy then I'd be called a hypocrite. If I did something that is considered annoying then I'd be called annoying.
(03-13-2018, 06:49 PM)Zombie Wrote: [quote pid='741958' dateline='1520966289']
Of course it is not a compliment, but nor an insult. You're right regarding that hypocrisy is a negative comment, but life is not all about flowers, compliments and postive. Hypocrisy compared to what you said that got you banned is a small comment. Negative comments are everywhere, I got my own share of negative comments such as "aggressive" "loud" and some say "annoying". Is annoying considered an insult? People call each other annoying for being annoying, is it disrespecful? Same goes for hypocrisy, I fail to understand of why it is an insult. If I did something that is considered hypocrisy then I'd be called a hypocrite. If I did something that is considered annoying then I'd be called annoying.

[/quote]

This point doesn't really say anything... 

I'm not saying I was necessarily offended - or that I can't take negative comments... the point is that it's insulting and I insulted you back.  I was viewing it in character, because voice chat is in character. It therefore doesn't matter if I tell you to kill yourself or if I fuck around with you.

Personally, I never tell people to kill themselves OOC / in real life - but that's beside the point.  Severity of the insult doesn't necessarily matter.

You first called me a hypocrite, I then called you a virgin and to kill yourself - you then spewed a racist comment and it went from there etc etc. 

An insult is an insult - even by pure definition.  Whether I'm thin skinned enough to actually be affected matters little. It's against rules and as you were talking in OOC in accordance to my ban, you should be punished as well.

I did not see it as OOC - which is why I acted in this way, I saw it as IC.  If it was however OOC, it remains that Zombie also broke rules and if my ban is to stay he should also be punished.