Add a curfew function for the president
Title of suggestion: Add /setcurfew as a Command for the President/Dictator

Description: Now with the time, it would be cool for the President/Dictator to use this. This is almost like the /lockdown command, however it could be used as a more passive and advisory way of telling people to go home. This command could also work day in, day out so you don't need to set it more than once, but it resets when a new President is present.
Quote:/setcurfew 20:00 to 07:00
or something similar can be used, maybe a pop-up that lets you select the times for the curfew.

Why: It would be cool to have and it could enhance the use of the time system, as well as for family roleplays/passive roleplays, it could open up a lot of options in the RP. It could also build relations between police and citizens in a more passive manner as they could advise the citizens instead of arresting them immediately like they would if the /lockdown command was activated
The following 2 users Like Create's post:
  • Ethan Bradberry, Panda
plus support
+support
-Support, just unneeded, removes the possibility of any sort of night time RP's eg club/bars etc
+ Support
Why not? Smile

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(03-12-2018, 11:07 PM)Mustang Wrote: -Support, just unneeded, removes the possibility of any sort of night time RP's eg club/bars etc

It doesn't need to be set, it isn't mandatory, like the /lockdown, more of just another feature that can be used to improve RP, as I stated in the OP, it is more of an advisory thing than a strict follow unless its set by a dictator.
(03-12-2018, 11:14 PM)Create Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 11:07 PM)Mustang Wrote: -Support, just unneeded, removes the possibility of any sort of night time RP's eg club/bars etc

It doesn't need to be set, it isn't mandatory, like the /lockdown, more of just another feature that can be used to improve RP, as I stated in the OP, it is more of an advisory thing than a strict follow unless its set by a dictator.

My problem with it is that it may be used by individuals for reasons they see fit as roleplay, for example "to stop anti-social behaviour" when in-fact there is none, however, I see this as a hindrance on role-play for other individuals and see no real benefit of having it introduced.
If you can explain to me what aspect of role-play it would improve then I'd possibly reconsider my decision, but I don't understand or can imagine any form of role-play that could be even slightly improved from the introduction of this, bar the power hungry cop.
(03-12-2018, 11:46 PM)Mustang Wrote: My problem with it is that it may be used by individuals for reasons they see fit as roleplay, for example "to stop anti-social behaviour" when in-fact there is none, however, I see this as a hindrance on role-play for other individuals and see no real benefit of having it introduced.
If you can explain to me what aspect of role-play it would improve then I'd possibly reconsider my decision, but I don't understand or can imagine any form of role-play that could be even slightly improved from the introduction of this, bar the power hungry cop.

FamilyRP - Say if the children have to be in by a certain time, but don't own a phone "Be in by Curfew" a mother or father might say, if not, a police officer could give them a lift home, thus leading to consequences given by the parent.

Dictator RP - If a Dictator wants an organised and controlled society, then a curfew that is set, which activates at the same time every day would help this.

Anti-Social Teenage BehaviourRP (ASTB) - There could be a counter to this curfew, perhaps a roleplay that is purposely built around avoiding getting caught after curfew, perhaps committing petty crimes in the night.

There are many roleplays that this could introduce, and as I said in the OP, perhaps this curfew could be advisory rather than mandatory and so a police officer could give the person a ride home like you see in the movies, thus allowing an officer to roleplay more than just a gun slinging law enforcer. Perhaps the officer could introduce a rehabilitation program to stop these young offenders committing ASTB, I'm just making suggestions, there are many RPs out there Cheese
+Support I have tried just initiating temporary lockdowns between set hours but it never works.

+Support
Kind Regards,
Theoharakis
Fearless Donator
[Image: bEralVi.png]
Feel free to +Rep me here