Aspire's Wonderful UBR :)
Your name: Aspire
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:200223448

Your ban ID: 79741

Banned by: Random

Reason: Powergaming

Involved: Me, Grapefruit(Accuser), (Random Admin giving the ban), Ledoodeliez (Witnessed) and Joejoe Probably saw most of it.

Why we should unban you: I was banned for powergaming. 2.6 Powergaming is not allowed (i.e. do not do "/me snaps the man's neck, killing him" or similar). That is the rule I broke. So where to begin, I arrested a man for grape as he said he threatened to kill him, then my other officer not ledoodeliez but someone else pulled frost aside in regards to having a bat on his back, frost claimed he had was a baseball player for some weird league aha, grape nodded to say he was to. He went to the back of his vehicle (trunk) to get his bat out, which i told him to do slowly. Upon getting his bat out I told the police officer to decide whether he believed frost or not. During this time Grape went to the back of his vehicle twice, which made me suspicious he had a firearm in the back, ready to kill us so we can't arrest his fellow baseball player, which would probably destroy his career. I went to search the vehicle when my suspicions grew, I typed /me searches the trunk/ I then typed /me finds a galil. Now I said to grape he would be fined for having the weapon and he calls random who instantly responds and swoops in. Now I did not know this was powergaming because their was a good rp behind it and it was not  my actions but grapes suspicious actions at the back which lead me to believe he had a firearm in the back, to powergame is bad I know, but I don't understand how I can powergame if grape was very suspiciously going to the back of his vehicle, the finding the gun fitted the rp, it was not a direct powergame over grape, I would of done it to anyone if I felt it fitted the rp more. Now if i am guilty from what I have wrote then fair enough, but I do not believe after reading  my reasoning a ban is fair. I might have close to 300 hours but I have never encountered an issue which lead to an admin sit for this. I have seen similar things like this before and I didn't realise it wasn't allowed. I respect the rules but I do not feel after giving my rp reasoning and not fully understanding every detail and scenario which could break the rule I am worthy of a ban. Now I wrote the pr this way as grape would come down on me and try and get me banned anyway.   Now I will advise grape does not reply as I didn't contradict anything he said to get the admin to ban me, all i want is a super admin to look at randoms action and see if the ban is worthy or not.    ADDED : I took this off the rules section. Powergaming is when you misuse roleplay actions in an attempt to force a RP to take a certain direction, or when you attempt to force another action on a player or dictate their actions. Now how can I force an rp to take a certain direction if it was grapes suspicious actions which lead to my discovery? I mean I even arrested someone for grape. I have nothing against him. But yes I am rerequesting a super admin.
Good evening, Aspire.

You were given a one-day suspension from our servers because you broke a very basic rule: 2.6 Powergaming is not allowed.
You powergamed by doing '/me finds famas' or something similar when you 'searched' my vehicle. Doing this is powergaming since you forced me to enter a roleplay which I did not want to take part in since my character did in fact, not have a firearm in the trunk of the vehicle.
       In Terms of Service, it clearly states:
       1.2) ''Users must abide by these Terms of Use, CityRP rules (http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=11792) and the Fearless Forum rules(http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=736), all of which are part of this Agreement (collectively the "Agreement").''

Using the excuse that 'you did not know the rule or explanation of the rule' is not a valid excuse to break our Terms of Use. The rule you violated is one of the most basic and commonly known rules throughout all roleplay servers and the fact that you have almost three-hundred hours and 'you didn't know the rule' is quite shocking. Please take this time during your suspension to re-read all of the CityRP Rules and Explanations for these infringements to no longer continue once you are unbanned.

Thank you and have a nice night,
Grapefruit.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
It was his suspicious actions which lead me in the rp, so it is not powergaming. Please can a super admin or none involved admin please give me their opinion.
Denied

Concluding notes

Unfortunately Aspire you have broken a rule here. Using /me to find something in character that doesn't exist is forcing that player to be penalised for something that isn't actually there.

An example of how this is unfair:

Me: I really don't like Aspires bike store
Me: /me searches behind the counter and finds an illegal hand gun
Me: Arrests you for something that doesn't exist on your character or your store

One thing you can do instead of forcing roleplay on another user is work your way into it, here is another example.

Aspire: /me thoroughly checks the trunk for any illegal items

in turn Grapefruit has the chance to roleplay and respond

Grapefruit: /it The officer doesn't find any illegal items, just random vehicle tools and a hoodie

I hope this makes more sense to you now.