Sleep Paralysis
(01-07-2012, 11:44 AM)StillAlive Wrote: Never heard about it, and I don't think I've experienced it.

Sounds scary.

Same here. :o
Sleep paralysis happens every time you go to sleep, its nothing scary. It's there to stop you injuring yourself by acting our your dreams, so you don't move like a madman in your sleep.

Rarely the hormones that causes this effects last on a while longer so you feel paralyzed when waking up, but your body just still thinks your asleep, so it takes a few minutes for it to stop.

All normal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdDYJerclY
(01-07-2012, 04:18 PM)Biowulf Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdDYJerclY

I watched that movie until the TV turned on then i was to scared. :O
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Used to get this 3 to 4 times a week. It has been a while though. Now it only happens to me once every few months or so. Used to be scary, but happend so much to me I got used to it. Now it is more annoying then anything else. Also it happens more if I wake up in the morning then go back to sleep. When it happens I just wake up, try to move but nothing happens. I can try with all my will power and I can not move at all. Sometimes I will be able to move a hand or finger a few inches, but it takes a lot trying to do even that. I would describe it as being stuck in between the dream world and the real world because most of the time when I have this it also comes with hallucinations. Most of the time it is just something random like a someone I know standing there, but sometimes it is a demon floating above me or a giant spidar on my chest. One time it was a demon dog with glowing eyes.
(01-07-2012, 05:47 PM)thegibs74 Wrote: Used to get this 3 to 4 times a week. It has been a while though. Now it only happens to me once every few months or so. Used to be scary, but happend so much to me I got used to it. Now it is more annoying then anything else. Also it happens more if I wake up in the morning then go back to sleep. When it happens I just wake up, try to move but nothing happens. I can try with all my will power and I can not move at all. Sometimes I will be able to move a hand or finger a few inches, but it takes a lot trying to do even that. I would describe it as being stuck in between the dream world and the real world because most of the time when I have this it also comes with hallucinations. Most of the time it is just something random like a someone I know standing there, but sometimes it is a demon floating above me or a giant spidar on my chest. One time it was a demon dog with glowing eyes.

I read that IF you were able to move some part of your body, (e.g fingers or toes), try to move it with all your power. The faster and more you move it, the faster you will wake up.
Never expierienced myself, only thing I got is that if I'm asleep like 5 mins suddently it's like your falling; anyone else got that?
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • equal, [FL:RP] Jan (NL)
(01-07-2012, 07:16 PM)Jan Wrote: Never expierienced myself, only thing I got is that if I'm asleep like 5 mins suddently it's like your falling; anyone else got that?

I got that once.

Anyone ever just wake up suddenly from a dream? Like as though you got scared so much you just wake up all sweaty? I had that once when I was just walking around in the park with my elephant shaped Ipod (dont ask) when for some reason I turn around; nothing is there, but when I turn back, Dr Breen fires a confetti gun at me, I felt like I had a heart attack <.>
(01-07-2012, 07:16 PM)Jan Wrote: Never expierienced myself, only thing I got is that if I'm asleep like 5 mins suddently it's like your falling; anyone else got that?

I can do that deliberately. I can 'fly' everywhere and in any direction, yet I don't enter a dream world.
© Nudelholz
The following 1 user Likes 7rozen_7ear_'s post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington

I get that quite often.
Pretty awesome.